2001: A Mario Odyssey

Mister Apple said:
It would be cool if they did a Mario game where you alternate playing between Mario and Peach, like in Treasure Tracker.

So you mean the first two Paper Mario games?
But those games are primarily about Mario, and the gameplay is different for each character.

It still bugs me on the wiki that we can't seem to figure out the color of the Metro Kingdom moons. It went from Bronze, to orange, and now it is cream.

I say it's straight up Brown. I was okay with Bronze because it has a similar color to the Bronze Stars from Galaxy 2. But the more I look at the moon, the more I see it as Brown.
Power_Moon_METRO.png

I played the demo at the gamescom and will do it again on the Game City in three days, and for me they are clearly bronze.

In the last trailer, a Banzai Bill chases Mario through a lava world, and this bullet bill wears Bowser's top hat - does that mean, Bowser can capture stuff too? Also, in earlier trailers Bowser can be seen throwing his hat in a similar manner as Mario throws Cappy.

Maybe Bowser throws it like a projectile. I do want an Oddjob reference.

Yes. One step closer to the Super Mario stage musical that we desperately need.
I agree with this, a lot.
does that mean, Bowser can capture stuff too?
Ooh, that'd be good. It would fit with what we know, and 'villain uses hero's ability in final confrontation' is a wonderful trope.

While I'm pretty sure thats just a Banzai Bill wearing a hat, I wouldn't put it past them to include Bowser having a capturing ability as well. He often does his own version of what Mario does.

While some of you have noticed that part of the 1-Up Girl song has a little bit of the 25m tune in it, you can also hear some of the Super Mario 3D World title theme in the chorus.

I'd say if Bowser really did capture the Banzai Bill, it would share some traits with him. Maybe something like having his hair or face?

I just figure it's a chase sequence with a hat there to prevent you from capturing it.

I guess that location must be something like Bowser's Castle or the like - the enemies wear hats which follow the theme of the location.

Mister Wu said:
I guess that location must be something like Bowser's Castle or the like - the enemies wear hats which follow the theme of the location.

I think it looks too bland to be a Bowser 's castle personally.

Then again, we haven't really seen anything of it, so who knows.

GalacticPetey said:
Kirumi Tojo said:
so apparently the game is gonna have a fuck ton of those moons

we're never gonna stop playing bois
Still won't be as bad as koroks.

I can agree on this one. It never felt necessary to me to upgrade my inventory a whole lot, just add a line or so your weapon stash, a few to the others, and you're good to go.

Plus, the reward for those is not something you would waste your life on.

I like having that much mooons to collect. Altough I guess I still will be at the final battle in a few hours, as I already know the game's mechanics and I'm used to Mario 3D games due to having excessively played the other ones, and especially Mario 64 which I'm currently grinding for speedrunning :D

I'm just hoping a lot of the moons aren't the "spin in a circle" kind of shit I've seen from one moon.

why am i thinking that collecting moons will get tedious after a while?

Back