2001: A Mario Odyssey

I'm moving on to another subject for no reason at all. Anyone notice the painting in the Sand Kingdom that goes to the Metro Kingdom. I am thinking this is how the Metro Kingdom is unlocked and once you defeat the night boss in the Metro Kingdom, you can go there in the Odyssey. I think... Either way, I think that the Metro Kingdom is optional in terms of gameplay. Maybe...

Maybe it's easy-access kind of thing.

I very much doubt something as hyped as the Metro Kingdom would be optional.
Unless the game is so open world that every kingdom is optional.

From the looks of that clip of the World Map, the Metro Kingdom will not be the 2nd (because it's quite obvious the Cap Kingdom is first) kingdom. Seems to me it goes Cap Kingdom, Cascade Kingdom and the Sand Kingdom and then it can go anywhere from there.

Also the painting is kind of odd. I think it could be a way to access later kingdoms but if the Odyssey can't move until you collected enough Moons, then after you've done your business in the Metro Kingdom, you must head back to Toastarena using a painting.

i feel like i'll spend my first hour in new donk city messing around playing as the letter m probably

I think regular Mario wearing trunks looks better tbh.

I know what's wrong: he's not fat enough in the fanart. At least now he's not flat-footed, though!

Switch_SMO_ND0913_SCRN26_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

Using a star in place of the O in "DONK" makes it look like an A, making it a completely different word (inside the big white letter D of the top graffiti).

Mister Apple said:
A city of meme's what?

Haha sorry. The graffiti in that screenshot where The A in New Donk City is written with a star makes it look like it says New Dank city. I was making meme puns. lol. :lol:

I know. I was being pedantic*, and now that I look at it, kind of rude. Sorry. :)
*'memes' shouldn't have an apostrophe.

https://twitter.com/mario_odysseyJP/status/908163049881604097

Do you have amiibo? This person is "amiibo uncle". When amiibo is used at "amiibo uncle", it marks the location of the power moon on the map. In addition to being compatible with all amiibo, there are also some amiibo which can get costumes, so please try talking to it!

Yeah we know. It's the wedding ones.

Obsessive Daisy Fan] [quote author=Mcmadness said:

They posted the tweet after the wedding amiibo had their functionality revealed.
[/quote]
That doesn't mean the tweet can's still apply to those amiibo.

You want to keep on holding that false hope thats your business but don't be surprised when it doesn't happen.

Mister Apple said:
Obsessive Daisy Fan] [quote author=Mcmadness said:

They posted the tweet after the wedding amiibo had their functionality revealed.
That doesn't mean the tweet can's still apply to those amiibo.
[/quote]

I highly, HIGHLY doubt they will only support the wedding amiibo. Especially as they share the same CharaID as their normal counterparts. This isn't Alphadream we're talking about. This is Nintendo's in house work.

Mister Apple said:
Wait, what have Alphadream got to do with all this?

Alphadream's Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga DX + Paper Jam only supports amiibo of characters that are in the game or Bowser's Minions. Most of Nintendo's games that support amiibo, support those of characters not in the game, like Miitopia, Yoshi, Pikmin and Zelda.

Back