2001: A Mario Odyssey

Re: Super Mario Odyssey

Luigi 64DD said:
How did Donkey Kong get a city? I saw Dixie St., Expresso St., and Cranky St. Not to mention Diddy's Cafe.
New Ape City 2.0 I guess. But yeah, why all of those Donkey Kong names in that kind of city with realistic humans? The world wants to know!

This game's wholly different feel from recent Mario games makes me wonder what will happen to the NSMB series.

dlc mario olympic level in tokyo equivalent when

The city area look a little rough and the realistic humans are bleh, but everything else looks great. Mario's expanded movement arsenal is really great too.

I like Oddjob Bowser.

COOL! Love the realistic NYC scenes (and some of us had thought it was going to be all Mexican themed):

https://www.facebook.com/ign/videos/10154420113316633/

This game seems to be as cinematic as sunshine and galaxy 1 is.

I still kind of wonder what the wedding outfits are all about. Maybe Mario and Peach were preparing for a wedding, but Bowser ends up ruining the idea by setting up his own wedding.

Probably the same old stuff. Mario and Peach are doing what Mario and Peach do and Bowser shows up doing what he does and proposes marriage and the finale of the game will be you stopping the wedding.

Now that the Void was eradicated and the Dark Prognosticus has been proven wrong, I don't see a single valid reason why I should prevent this from happening
C2BkEa3UcAE4cux.jpg:large

Nintendo, can you give me another reason to beat Bowser, please?

because mario cant marry bowser if he's married to peach :peach:

...wait

Mcmadness said:
Probably the same old stuff. Mario and Peach are doing what Mario and Peach do and Bowser shows up doing what he does and proposes marriage and the finale of the game will be you stopping the wedding.

But didn't the wedding idea already get used in Super Paper Mario? Oh wait, it was a forced wedding, and technically, the Paper Mario series is not part of the mainstream Super Mario series.

Well the wedding was more the kickstarter to that game's story. Here it seems preventing it is the story.

Mcmadness said:
Well the wedding was more the kickstarter to that game's story. Here it seems preventing it is the story.

It would be pretty amusing if Mario and Peach were planning to get married, but Bowser ruined the idea by snatching Peach and setting up his own wedding. There has to be some reason why Peach is wearing a wedding dress after all, and I doubt that she'd intentionally wear it for Bowser's wedding.

Eh, probably just had Kamek or somebody else conjure it up.

Anyway on a different subject, I do wonder about the new character who looks just like Mario's cap. What's its story?

SMO_Art_-_Mario_2.png

Maybe he copies or takes over Mario's hat after Bowser stomps it?

Perhaps he's also connected to that giant mechanical flying hat Mario uses to get around?

Back