Super Mario Run

Swiftie_Luma said:
Miyamoto kinda made it sound that they didnt make her playable out of pettyness.

Instead of ''Oh , we are clearly not gonna be able to do this''

it was more like

''Nah , lets not bother , just make Toad playable because is easier''

I'm so happy, this removes one obstacle for Daisy!!!

I don't know.

She needs to pass through a lot of more likely characters , kinda like Mario Maker.

She didn't have to for the amiiibbboo.

I'm actually having a lot of fun with this game. But it is WAY too short. Only 24 levels that can be beaten in an hour, and Toadette is IMPOSSIBLE to unlock.

Can Peach slow down her descent indefinitely?

LeftyGreenMario said:
Perhaps the PSP isn't strong enough to animate flowing hair, but we're talking about the Wii here. You know, where it can handle Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl without sacrificing the character design.

Ahem, the PSP is decently powerful enough for a handheld and has a decently strong graphics chipset which is embedded into the CPU that is stronger than the DS's chipset. It can technically do it based on specs.

PeDaRoYs said:
I felt that this game is part of the 30th anniversary of Super Mario Bros.
Some things to note:
  • they went with the 2D games
  • they skipped the 3DS with its NSMB2...
  • fortunately the message was just saying that even if the controls change, the charm of the gameplay does not; if they wanted instead to show the evolution of the 2D games this video would have been quite sinister in my opinion...

Mister Wu said:
they skipped the 3DS with its NSMB2...
...and SML2: 6 Golden Coins.
EDIT: also SMB2 (both JP and US).

Other than the evolution of 2D games, this video also shows how 2D Mario games jump through console generations with the future being in mobile.

memoryman3 said:

Oh my God, you're so damn annoying. Can you even post without mentioning her?

I think this makes it obvious that Rosalina will eventually become playable via a future update. She will have her Spin Jump like in Super Mario 3D World of course.

Wow, I didn't expect this game to get metabombed:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/super-mario-run/user-reviews

The 0's "reviews" are hilarious

Anser said:
memoryman3 said:

Oh my God, you're so damn annoying. Can you even post without mentioning her?

I think this makes it obvious that Rosalina will eventually become playable via a future update. She will have her Spin Jump like in Super Mario 3D World of course.

Yeah, he was adding his Daisy excitement to my Peach excitement.

Baby Luigi said:
Wow, I didn't expect this game to get metabombed:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/super-mario-run/user-reviews

The 0's "reviews" are hilarious

[quote author=0 score review]One of the worst games ever, I hope nintendo goes bankrupt.[/quote]

Heh.

i actually find hilarious the contrast with

''OMG NINTENDO SUCKS , THIS GAME IS HORRIBLE'' and ''BEST GAME ON MY PHONE , I LOVE NINTENDO AJCJMDCAMMCKDA!!111''

Nobody seems to be on their own senses on the internet sometimes.

Also

PstaUkV.png

hilton_poor.jpg

:P

We call it binary thinking

Thus the review scores translate to

1 it's awesome
0 it sucks

1 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 0

LeftyGreenMario said:
We call it binary thinking

Thus the review scores translate to

1 it's awesome
0 it sucks

1 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 0
00110111 00101110 00111000 00101111 00110001 00110000 00001010 01110100 01101111 01101111 00100000 01101101 01110101 01100011 01101000 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110100 01100101 01110010

Now we need to put it into a truth table with an OR gate.

7GrandDad said:
No one should pay money for this garbage.

Sounds like you're one of those people who think Super Mario Run has absolutely no redeemable qualities whatsoever.

Whatever, people will buy the game despite what you think.

It bugs me when people hate for no virtual reason.

So much negativity.

Pretty sure that the game does more ''right'' than it does ''wrong'' , and will be even better with updates.

One thing I don't get is, why does the game require to always be online?

It seems that Toadette has no unique abilities AND no Mushroom powerup...

She does convert some Toads to your team before the final tally, so that's a plus....I think.

7GrandDad said:
No one should pay money for this garbage.
Sure, it's questionable to pay TEN wholesome dollars for such a little game, it's questionable that this thing has DRM, it's questionable that it has only 24 forking levels while Rayman Fiesta Run is cheaper ($2.99) and has 75 levels and doesn't require online, but calling it "garbage" "cancer" "trash" or whatever cliched word people have these days for games they don't like... that's extreme. This is a quality game set back by some flaws, almost like any game on the market, don't you think??

memoryman3 said:
It seems that Toadette has no unique abilities AND no Mushroom powerup...

I don't get why they can't program a Mushroom power-up for some of these characters.

Making small versions of them is ridiculously easy.

Back