Mario Sports Superstars

Well at least , as i wanted , we got new animations.

Rosalina's as usual are great and classy.

ngYYGYN.gif

Nothing that a voice mod cannot fix , on the bright side i hear an unused ''Whoooo'' from Kerri Kane and that one fits so well in MKWii when Rosalina is slip streaming.

Can't wait to fix this mess

Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about what voices the characters have? Seems like a pointless thing to get worked up over.

I think it's fairly obvious that only a few people , myself included , care about it that much.

The power of opinions!

Well it's hardly a deal breaker but good sound design is something I often appreciate in a game.

Mcmadness said:
Well it's hardly a deal breaker but good sound design is something I often appreciate in a game.

It definetely isn't , but the complain is 100% valid.

I want to assume others don't understand this point because they don't care , mainly because the character they play as is not affected by this.

I play as Rosalina , and this detail is extremely unpleasant to me. I would much rather have the high pitched Laura Faye in the entire game than then trying to pretend her voice blends with Kerri's filtered and noticeably lower pitched voice. It's just ugh.

I have seen many people pointing this out with Bowser too , i never noticed because i honestly don't play as Bowser but now i see Scott sounds more ''normal'' while Kenny sounds more ''monster'' like , it's clear the difference and a bit annoying to her when it switches.

Again , not a deal breaker. Not gonna boycot the game out of this , but this is dissapointing to me at least.

Yeah I agree. As somebody who is very picky about Bowser related things how he sounds is very important to me.

I have no idea whether I should watch those videos for Baby Luigi or wait until release to experience it for myself.

Anyway, reviews have been out for this game. To say the least, they're not exactly impressive, which is a bit sad, but regardless, I do strongly disagree with quite a few points brought up. The game currently sits at a 69 on Metacritic.

Keep in mind, however, that that's pretty much the same score for Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon and Mario Tennis Open, both games I loved a lot.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/mario-sports-superstars

Your loss.

Speaking of which , Baby Luigi's losing animation in tennis is him having a heart attack or something.

Falls on the floor and starts revolting like crazy lol

I suppose that, regardless of the final quality of this product, the concept itself is great - IMO, instead of releasing multiple Mario sports games (Tennis, Golf, Baseball...) They should continue to bundle them all into a single collection as this does, it adds much more value for money than buying sports games individually. They only need to continue adding more options and fleshing out each individual sport, but having them in one game.

...if it sells poorly, though, that might just not happen v_v

EDIT:
Of course, not saying that review scores are in any way a deciding factor in quality, hahah.

Losing animations for golf.

Oh my freaking goddess ...

I have no words at how lazy Camelot got with the voices.

Baby Mario sounds horrible! He sounds like Mario! He cries in Mario's voice , doesn't even sound like a baby!!!

It's not just Rosalina , every character (except maybe Yoshi , Birdo and the Kongs) are noticeably off in this game when it comes to the voices.

Yeah Baby Mario's voice sounds completely unfiltered. If someone rips the voices, I guess I could try making it higher pitched to make it in line with his better, filtered voice. I still love the post-hole animations btw.

I adore Baby Luigi's Double Bogey animation and I REALLY adore his trophy animation.

Okay, so this confirms that Metal Mario can't turn into Small Metal Mario upon hit. Love the animation, but the sound design is so bad. Why does only one shell make a noise, and the "Nooo..." doesn't even fit. But as other posters and videos show, this game's sound design could be one of the worst for the Mario franchise.

i hate they butchered Rosalina's worst losing animation in golf.

She does not sigh and says ''Ahhhhh'' anymore and the Lumas don't have voices anymore either.

For Metal Mario, it looks like they just took Mario's Double Bogey's sounds and didn't change them. I wish they did though, because I think the animation itself is friggin hilarious.

Also, if anyone noticed, ONLY the Luigis were at the podium in Waluigi's celebration, and I gotta say, Baby Luigi's pose is awesome there too. He's doing that artwork pose!!!!!

Baby Luigi said:
For Metal Mario, it looks like they just took Mario's Double Bogey's sounds and didn't change them. I wish they did though, because I think the animation itself is friggin hilarious.

I first thought he was going to reuse Gold Mario's animations.

Well I thought they might change it up a bit, considering Metal Mario is invincible. And I'm glad they did, and instead, it rains and piles him with shells when it didn't work at first. I just love it.

Baby Luigi said:
Well I thought they might change it up a bit, considering Metal Mario is invincible. And I'm glad they did, and instead, it rains and piles him with shells when it didn't work at first. I just love it.

That makes me wonder what they could do with Pink Gold Peach.

Those clips of Baby Mario still sound awful if you level up the pitch.

Just tested out of boredom.

Baby Luigi's Par and Birdie animations are sooooooooooooooooooo adorable!!!!!! EEEEEeeeee!!!!!! <3

Also the video doesn't seem to keep track of Eagle animations. I'd imagine they probably should have Eagles, also considering that they're not easy scores to achieve in Golf.

Okay as awful as the voice acting is the animations are hilarious and I love the golf ones

I did hear Baby Mario in the Par animation and they mixed in his "Ma I got a cold!" voice with his normal one in his Par animation. Sounds pretty jarring but I still adore his animations!!!!

Thanks to the power of magic and the devil (not really lol) , I think I can get into the games files pretty soon . I'm looking forward to mod most of the voices .

Yeah, I think I'm ultimately gonna pass on this one. There are too many cut corners for my liking.

Back