Mario Sports Superstars

Baby Luigi said:
By the way, the best thing you can do in baseball is to make the baseball machine in training mode continuously hit your poor wretched batters on loop.

Does the game notify that with "Bean Ball"?

Also gear is unlocked in-game by buying the digital cards. If you get a card from a gear you can press Y in the CSS to change it.

For example i got the Luma Racket card , so now in tennis i can go and highligh Rosalina and press Y to change her racket .

Each character has 1 piece of gear for each sports.

Rackets , Golf Clubs , Balls , Emblems and Bats are included.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
Baby Luigi said:
By the way, the best thing you can do in baseball is to make the baseball machine in training mode continuously hit your poor wretched batters on loop.

Does the game notify that with "Bean Ball"?

The announcer calls them "Dead Ball"

Oh btw here is a picture montage of all playable characters getting bashed by a baseball thanks to the machine (not possible to do in Super Sluggers and Superstar Baseball), I made this because I was bored and I was sadistic. And I did it at the possible fastest pitch speed because it's funnier to see it whack harder.

1BJA3yH.png

Mcmadness said:
What can I say? She's adorable when she's angry.

Oh and I forgot to tell you to just shut up now, you hear?

i just checked and Rosalina makes this sound when she gets hit.

http://s1.vocaroo.com/media/download_temp/Vocaroo_s1eNsJvVKq2j.mp3

That's one of the high jump sounds of 3D World , not even a damage sound.

Honestly , who the hell managed the SFX??? It's almost as it was intentionally a mess.

When Baby Luigi got hit by the ball in baseball, he literally makes his happy/cheering noise.

Well, I'm not too surprised why he's so happy to get slammed by a ball. You know why? Use him in soccer

fp8CvVk.png
v7uZBiH.png
YSmxo0i.png
K8wXiVD.png

He makes this derpy face 90% of the time in soccer. Compared to literally every other character, who looks...you know...normal.

Whatever he's on, I want it.

Baby Luigi said:
When Baby Luigi got hit by the ball in baseball, he literally makes his happy/cheering noise.

Well, I'm not too surprised why he's so happy to get slammed by a ball. You know why? Use him in soccer

fp8CvVk.png
v7uZBiH.png
YSmxo0i.png
K8wXiVD.png

He makes this derpy face 90% of the time in soccer. Compared to literally every other character, who looks...you know...normal.

Cool that you are having fun with the screenies just as i do.

I also enjoy the Tennis part the most for them , though i need more screenshots of Rosalina from other Sports.

I just wish everytime Rosalina scored they would have replaced that ''YahoooOOoooo'' with this clip

http://s1.vocaroo.com/media/download_temp/Vocaroo_s1MDERhkMhhn.mp3

That one is so satisfying to hear and proof Rosalina's current voice can potentially be great , but it's barely used in games.

J-Yoshi64 said:
Baby Luigi said:
He's probably just on the innate energy of toddlers.

Usually, Baby Mario's the one who's this unusually happy, not Baby Luigi. In fact, Baby Mario has a neutral face (if you saw in my pictures) and usually Baby Luigi is the one with the neutral face while Baby Mario is the happy one.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Cool that you are having fun with the screenies just as i do.

I also enjoy the Tennis part the most for them , though i need more screenshots of Rosalina from other Sports.

I just wish everytime Rosalina scored they would have replaced that ''YahoooOOoooo'' with this clip

http://s1.vocaroo.com/media/download_temp/Vocaroo_s1MDERhkMhhn.mp3

That one is so satisfying to hear and proof Rosalina's current voice can potentially be great , but it's barely used in games.

A good chunk of my library consists of Baby Luigi body shotting characters in Tennis, most notably Wario.

I always have fun doing that.

Oh and this WTFery happened when I tried slicing:

jTUHtWt.png
lveyqPp.png
T7rWxdf.png

And this WTFery

IhthoYK.png

I mean, if there's one character to count on to see "what the hell how did you manage to mess up that badly" moments, I think Baby Luigi is the king of that.

Baby Luigi said:
Oh and I forgot to tell you to just shut up now, you hear?

Love you too

So yeah I got this game and it's pretty g so far, just felt like giving a mini-review for those of you who are interested in it.

Tennis is weird yet still fun, not sure if it's better than Mario Tennis Open pyshics tho. Golf is just Mario Golf: World Tour with even less stuff. Soccer isn't strikers or anything but it's better than I thought it would be. Not exactly my favourite tho. Horse riding is interesting, haven't played it too much of it.

Baseball is what I was mostly excited for and it's decent. Choosing a team, positions, etc. is fun, actually batting, pitching and fielding is good, feels like I can't aim the ball when batting but maybe that's just me not being used to it. Pitching is alright but it can start feeling repitive if you can't get any good results against the CPU. Overall it's still fun to play, especially since this is my first Mario baseball game.

Each sport is good but the bundling is a bit odd when none of them share much in common, and they each lack a bit of content, although that's expected. Online so far makes up for it, however it can be rather slow with a few connection issues. It'll probably be dead soon anyway like all Mario Sport games so enjoy it while you can.

Also I'm still salty about amiibo cards so don't bring them up. The box itself came with DAISY. -_-

Ninelevendo said:
Also I'm still salty about amiibo cards so don't bring them up. The box itself came with DAISY. -_-

You are so lucky, I got Walugi....

About the game, I like it, Tennis and Golf are the best sports for me. But one thing I don't like is how tedious it is to star a character, I don't want to to do tournaments 90 times to have every star character in every mode.

Well it's not like other games where any different.

To get the Star version of each character the requeriments were mostly the same.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Well it's not like other games where any different.

To get the Star version of each character the requeriments were mostly the same.

Yes, but my point is, compared of the other games, the amount of times you need to do that is multiplied by 5.

On the bright side for you , the tournaments are all baby-difficult.

It's literally impossible to lose unless you are soooooooooooooooooooo bad , i mean it. It can be a bit annoying to do it all over again , but it's expected.

I figure that if everyone got a star version in all modes by doing it just 1 time then others will whine about how easy and fast it all ends.

The ''people are never pleased'' cycle.

Ninelevendo said:
Tennis is weird yet still fun, not sure if it's better than Mario Tennis Open pyshics tho. Golf is just Mario Golf: World Tour with even less stuff. Soccer isn't strikers or anything but it's better than I thought it would be. Not exactly my favourite tho. Horse riding is interesting, haven't played it too much of it.

I think the game is far funner on doubles, especially with a friend. Even though the CPU difficulty scales, I spent 1 vs. 2 games against the CPU (with my twin sitting around in the back watching), where they refuse to lob you, and it's hilarious to see yourself holding off by yourself at the net against 2 (high level difficulty) computers.

Also, you have far better reach in this game than you do in Open. I constantly find myself lunging like crazy in Open while this game, even I'm shocked to see Baby Luigi slide like a mile to hit the ball and not lunge at all.

Swiftie_Luma said:
On the bright side for you , the tournaments are all baby-difficult.

Hey! That's not fair to say to me, Baby Luigi!

Even though I still feel like I'm terrible at golf if people claim it is easy. I had to save scum a lot in Champion's Cup because I legit think Wild Valley has really beastly lies on the Green.

So how'd you get it early?

Swiftie gave me the ISO of the game from a Europeaon friend, so I installed homebrew to play it.

CRIMINAL

HOW COULD YOU DO SUCH A THING

*hides all the movies I've ilegally downloaded over the years*

MarioWiki should officially sponsor piracy, because that's the only way we can get awesome quality screen shots

BabyLuigiSelectSluggers.png

I love Pink Gold Peach's animations, though it is kind of creepy that she doesn't blink.

Baby Luigi's animations are also very cute.

Also, if you listen closely, I think the sound Mario makes when walking when in metal form in SM64 plays when Metal Mario runs in his animations.

Pink Gold Peach has no unique animations.

Her little uniqueness displayed in MK8 is totally gone now , same with Metal Mario.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Her little uniqueness displayed in MK8 is totally gone now , same with Metal Mario.

I was surprised that she didn't share her trick animations or victory animation with Peach to begin with in MK8, unlike Koopa and Dry Bones as well as Dry Bowser and Bowser in MKW.

Besides, I think it isn't hers or Metal Mario's fault that they have next to no unique animations from Peach and Mario in this game.

Back