Mario Sports Superstars

Welp , guess who...

This game is enterily compressed , which is not surprisng to me since it's a rather big game.

No voice mods anytime soon. I fucking hate Camelot , im super upset.

That sucks, I guess I won't get my hands on that Baby Luigi model, Baby Luigi HUD, and Baby Luigi digital cards any time soon. :(

Well since i got this already i don't mind sharing some info and etc.

So far i have played only Golf , Horse Racing and Tennis.

Tennis is a lot like Ultra Smash , and i swear to goddess gracious above this planet that it feels way less wonky.

Playing as Rosalina is extremely confortable , just like in US. She floats and hits the ball smoothly , and even if her type says ''tricky'' she still swings more for the power side. I have tested , its very similar to US.

Metal Mario is unlocked once you beat a Star cup on any sport IIRC , in my case i beat Tennis Star Cup and i unlocked him.

The Champion Cup is unlocked after beating the Star Cup , and in the case of tennis the Court is a Night Court.

Ok , i know this is not ''the best'' but im a complete sucker for everything ''night related'' as in courses , race tracks , courts , stadiums , and etc.

I love this court.

Here are some screenshots , just in case anybody thinks im making this up for some reason lol.

This is all me , Rosalina looks A-mazing on this court.

0uKP5sA.png

b72qprg.png

Yha8g5l.png

EV8dzAa.png

Some extra screenshots that maybe of use for the wiki

TOzzSYz.png

pdQxvjX.png

JKpNjiZ.png

XwA48fS.png

y6clWwM.png

Last but not least , this game has a ''Sound test'' feature accessible via the collection tab.

It basically plays the BGM of the game.
HvLL8el.png

And the staff credits are there too.

I saw them , it's the usual stuff , nothing too special. Both Namco Bandai and Camelot are the main people, nobody else.

And well , these are the VOICE credits
YVlFeUQ.png

z4fXDXS.png

vHmnAyW.png

xsGiaII.png

ufmwGXg.png

ZJrwqHy.png

The vast majority , i assume , are announcers for different languages because it changes between regions and etc.

Finally , Kerri Kane as well as the former voice actors of other characters remain Uncredited even if it was EXTREMELY ''in ya face'' obvious that they used their samples.

I would upload more stuff , but im super pissed about the sfx thing.

I genuinely thought i could fix it ... but Camelot was super hard on this one.

I still enjoy tennis though , even if Kerri's ghost voice comes out of nowhere during Rosalina's victory in my favorite sport ... sigh.

Curious, but can you please tell me how you even played the game so early? I really want it, and I want it for screenshot purposes on MarioWiki.

Of course, it's probably illegal so please PM instead if you can!

Another question, can you turn off the BGM of this game?

Well , i got access from an European friend that got an early copy for whatever reason.

However , my interests was more to get into the game's files , and eventually i will purchase my actual american copy , as usual , so it's nothing for me really.

As for the other question , yes you can turn the BGM off.

However , just as only Camelot would do , the SFX still plays.

I really want high quality images for MarioWiki. Like a lot. That's why I want to get a copy early. I'll buy my own of course, because I have unparalleled love for that game.

Right now im in the proces of figuring out how on earth do i open those files.

It may take some time but i'm not giving up.

Swiftie_Luma said:
i hate they butchered Rosalina's worst losing animation in golf.

She does not sigh and says ''Ahhhhh'' anymore and the Lumas don't have voices anymore either.

This is not true.

At that part, NintenU's game glitched out and you didn't hear the voices. In this video, however, you still hear the Luma and Rosalina AAAHH voices.

Baby Luigi said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
i hate they butchered Rosalina's worst losing animation in golf.

She does not sigh and says ''Ahhhhh'' anymore and the Lumas don't have voices anymore either.

This is not true.

At that part, NintenU's game glitched out and you didn't hear the voices. In this video, however, you still hear the Luma and Rosalina AAAHH voices.

Great.

I never figured myself because even thought i have played the Mushroom cup of golf , i never got DB. lol

I think Kerri's voice mixed with Laura's in the Tennis thropy celebration was an oversigh. This is because when you win 1st place as Rosalina in Golf Tournament she says the exact same stuff ''Whoo Yeey'' in Kerri's voice.

The animations either share 1 slot for the voice clip or they copy pasted.

Yeah they are. I guess it's a good addition.

Btw ACE tennis cpu is pretty tough in this game , like usual.

Metal Mario kicked my butt like 10 times. I got to use Star Rosalina to make him surrender.

I have noticed shots have been nerfed , and unlike US , there no cheap US chances.

With this i mean , that in US , if you recive a US shot from an opponent you will be knocked back and the opponent will get ANOTHER US chance.

This doesnt happen here, or at least has not happened to me so far.

Thanks a bunch to Swiftie, I've played once through all modes of the game while saying "*bleep* you" to NOA and their screwed up NOA release date.

Anyone (or any critic) who says that the Tennis portion plays exactly like Mario Tennis Open should not be taken seriously. The tennis feels slower paced and weaker than in Open (think of it as a weird hybrid between Ultra Smash and Tennis Open, it looks like Tennis Open but it has quite a few Ultra Smash physics), and the Cheep Cheep Chance shots travel very quickly (the rest of the power shots feel the same). I've blazed through all four cups without any difficulty whatsoever, not even losing a single Game Point, but I am pretty decent at tennis so...Baby Luigi is a total monster at the net with his blazing fast Smash Shots but his tennis ball stroke can't even penetrate styrofoam, that's how weak he feels. I did get a Deuce in Champion's Cup against Bowser but regarldess he never won a single game point against me, so my score was pretty much 2-2-2 while he was 0-0-0.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed in golf where you can't choose your opponent for stroke play. They're randomly chosen in either tournament mode or you play by yourself in Stroke Play. I love Baby Luigi here :)

Horse Racing is actually pretty fun! I love my horse, Glue Man, and he's really charming and a nice black giant. So far, I haven't played too much but I enjoy taking care of my horse.

Soccer, the controls feel awkward, especially if you played Mario Strikers before. You'll find yourself pressing A to pass balls when it's the shooting button while B is to shoot, and you actually have to aim where you want to pass, unlike Strikers where it will aim automatically. It may take some time getting used to. Also, there's quite a bit of advanced techniques not outlined in the tutorial, so yeah, I still have a lot to learn about this. Also, whoever says that soccer is derived from Strikers also shouldn't be taken seriously.

Baseball, no, the critics were pretty much wrong with the whole AI controlling themselves when you're on the defense. I've set my outfielders to manual, and they control like a charm, with me able to spin in circles as Shy Guy after I caught the ball, and me running around as Fire Bro. I think it's funner than what the critics said about it, you just need to set the controls to "manual" if you want to take full control of your team. And I took control of the runners fully, and I mercy'd Wario's team lol. And seriously, I strongly disagree with "baseball is just mashing the A button over and over again!", from my experience, it's clearly not, and it's a gross simplification of how the sport actually plays like.

Criticisms I have for the game so far? As I said, I wish you can choose who to play against in golf, and I wish I can construct my enemy's team rather than them randomly picking teammates for themselves (you can still choose enemy captains, just not the sub characters for them). I also wish you can choose racers for opponents in horse racing. And soccer feels really stiff and awkward when I first played it, and anyone who has played Mario Strikers will immediately fight against the control scheme, so it may take some time getting used to.

My only criticism for this game so far is they're just recycling voices. I mean you can clearly hear Jen's Peach voice, which I believe Samantha's Peach voice is starting to sound more like.

Also, you can hear Chris' Diddy voice despite him currently being voiced by Katsumi.

And they're even recycling victory animations. Though I do like how Baby Mario and Baby Luigi have animations. I was expecting Baby Mario to cry the same way he did in Mario Tennis Open upon losing. That one sounds funny!

Glad I could help baby Luigi . And lol I completely agree about what you said , Tennis is a lot like US and not like Open , to me Open was wonky as hell , US has a better gameplay so it's a plus for me. I also enjoyed horse racing , it's a very unique mode . And I felt the same with soccer , lol my instinct reacted and I started pressing A to pass the ball even though the tutorial clearly said it was B lol , and mind you I haven't played strikers in a long while and yet the controls stuck in my mind ! Crazy.

I would enjoy 100% this game if it wasn't for the Sfx and how quick you unlock everything

My only criticism for this game so far is they're just recycling voices. I mean you can clearly hear Jen's Peach voice, which I believe Samantha's Peach voice is starting to sound more like.

Also, you can hear Chris' Diddy voice despite him currently being voiced by Katsumi.

And they're even recycling victory animations. Though I do like how Baby Mario and Baby Luigi have animations. I was expecting Baby Mario to cry the same way he did in Mario Tennis Open upon losing. That one sounds funny!

Even though this is exactly my concern , i must heavily disagree specifically on these cases.

Jen's Peach and Sam's Peach sound BARELY different in the main Mario games. This was the ONLY time Nintendo cared enough to recast an identical replacement to one of their characters.

Both voices blend perfectly , and this is not even the first time Nintendo or the developers have mixed a few of Jen's clips with Sam's.

For Diddy is exactly the same. Both voices seem to blend fine , i mean it's animal noises , i don't think one should be too picky on this one.

The only TRUE offenders for me on this are both Bowser and Rosalina.

Scott Burn's Bowser sounds more human to me , his growling does not sound monster-like compared to Kenny's , which version is even lower pitched.

You can tel who is who.

And obviously the worst case is Rosalina. As much as anybody including Nintendo pretends Laura sounds even a bit similar to Kerri that just has to be delusion in the purest form.

Not much to explain other than you can CLEARLY tell without even being a fan of the character that it's not the same voice. Plus Kerri's is filtered , so it's even more out of place.

Those 2 do not blend at all, therefore it's not the same case as Peach's or Diddy Kong.

btw, I finally did it!!!!

BabyLuigiEagle.png

Took me quite a few tries on the first Par 5 hole of Seaside Course with a Starred Baby Luigi. I'm proud of myself, and seeing that animation made me really smile.

They should have made one of his losing animations getting kidnapped.

That's the idea

What can I say? She's adorable when she's angry.

I just found out that you can't put two human players on the same soccer team today if there are only two human players, so you can't have a team of two against bots. That is a pretty huge crushing disappointment. The game mode supports four players, yet, it doesn't let players choose teams? Oh please let there be an option for that we missed somewhere. Somehow.

However, on the bright side, Doubles Tennis local multiplayer is a huge blast. We paired Mario and Baby Luigi up and utterly annihilated the CPU team. Unfortunately, it retains the same problems from Mario Tennis Open: CPU difficulty is scaled rather than you individually picking their difficulty.

Mcmadness said:
They should have made one of his losing animations getting kidnapped.

Baby Luigi throws a pretty huge temper tantrum when he gets a Double Bogey, like Baby Mario, except less loud and less stupid looking.

That's enough for me. I don't want to see him getting kidnapped. The bubbles are an awesome enough reference to Yoshi's Island, and he's even enjoying being in them rather than crying in them.

Nah, he totes needs to get kidnapped.

Well he didn't, and Camelot knew better.

By the way, the best thing you can do in baseball is to make the baseball machine in training mode continuously hit your poor wretched batters on loop.

Back