Mario Sports Superstars

Boo riding a horse would be so weird.

Baby Luigi said:
Aw man, I saw the replay for the tennis mode and they don't have character sound effects in the replay!!!!!

>_>*

Additionally they're going to use Mario Tennis Open animations and sound clips. I was hoping they would use the Ultra Smash ones....

Told ya...recycled and rushed. Hope this comes to Switch so this can be made from the ground up in HD! Maybe we will get all of the babies!

DejiHime said:
Told ya...recycled and rushed. Hope this comes to Switch so this can be made from the ground up in HD! Maybe we will get all of the babies!
Now, if the Mario&Sonic series is of any indication, developing these kinds of games is really time and resource cosuming. If anything they had to make Horse Racing from the ground-up and, since the soccer section of 3DS M&S Rio was made by SEGA, even in the "minimum
effort" scenario the developers had at least to "reverse engineer" that as well and add new features to it. The other sports were updated too, and we're now just talking about gameplay. This is an extremely ambitious game, and I'm not surprised that they tried reusing as many assets as possible. If they were going to make this on Switch redoing all the assets, this would require years and likely a few hundreds of thousands, perhaps even millions of dollars worth of expenses. I think there are good reasons why this was made on the 3DS reusing assets

DejiHime said:

Recycled it might be, but rushed is not.

And this game already has all the babies, Baby Mario and Baby Luigi.

I have a hunch that it'll be even less courts and less variety than Ultra Smash's. From trailers, we've seen only three courts: grass, clay, and hard.

i dont see why there wouldn't be variety considering they are porting assets from Open.

Then again , due to the amount of sports and characters , it's highly likely that everything else will be decreased.

At least in soccer there's power shots , so it gives each character some uniqueness + WT Animations returning so it's , not a ''deal breaker'' for me.

It's Baby Luigi's first friggin appearance in Tennis and Golf + more sports so no way is this amount of courts a dealbreaker for me

I'm mainly just getting this for baseball.

I'm getting this for Baby Luigi

Baby Luigi said:
You'll play this any day over any other Mario Sports game, if I am correct?

Yes I will. One of the factors of me enjoying Mario Tennis Open than Power Tennis was mostly because of Baby Mario. For this game, it's mostly guaranteed I like it the most because Baby Luigi and not because just Baby Luigi but he's a flipping team captain too.

Maria Renard said:
Baby Luigi said:
You'll play this any day over any other Mario Sports game, if I am correct?
Definitely over Mario Tennis: Ultra TRASH! ;D

I can also make Mario ride on a horse and that's always cool.

Another reason I'm getting it is that the game seems fairly beefy. Sure each individual sport is a bit barren but as one whole package the game does have a fair amount of meat to it and unlike the Olympic video games each sport doesn't seem like a glorified mario party mini game.

You can also probably choose your opponents. And you can probably see what they're doing in all sports.

Unlike the stupid Olympics.

And there's probably thropy celebration for Tennis and also records like in many Camelot games.

I really need Rosalina footage.

I need to know. I need to!!!

I'm hoping we can turn off the music. Not holding my breath, the options menu, if there is one (which there is in Sports Superstars), is usually pathetic in Mario games.

And I'm betting the trophy celebration will just be character posing next to a trophy. Nothing flashy or charming like Wario flattening the trophy with his obese butt.

Swiftie_Luma said:
And there's probably thropy celebration for Tennis and also records like in many Camelot games.

I really need Rosalina footage.

I need to know. I need to!!!

Did open have trophies because I don't believe Ultra Smash did.

LeftyGreenMario said:
You can also probably choose your opponents. And you can probably see what they're doing in all sports.

Unlike the stupid Olympics.

Yes that too. Pointless character restrictions are no fun.

I don't think there will be a trophy celebration for Tennis. In Mario Tennis Open, it was just short clip of a character acting happy, it wasn't anything special like the Mario Tennis 64/Mario Power Tennis clips where you actually had character interaction.

But if there was a good trophy celebration clip, oh my god they better make a Baby Mario/Baby Luigi character interaction. Or a Luigi/Baby Luigi or Mario/Baby Mario interaction. Hell, even a Yoshi/Baby Mario/Baby Luigi character interaction would be freaking amazing (I mean Baby Mario's trophy celebration in Tennis 64 was soooooo cutesy because of Yoshi helping Baby Mario out).

Open had trophies, though it's nothing really special. Ultra Mash did not. And Sports Superstars DOES have a tourney if I recall correctly. I highly doubt we'll get characters freaking out over trophies.

tbh at this point, expecting character trophy celebrations is just a dream now. they've pretty much stopped doing those a long time ago.

Now, would I want trophy celebrations, oh my god hell yes. But i've stopped expecting them since Tennis Open came out.

i was not expecting celebrations like 64 or Power Tennis.

I have said MANY times , that if its just like Open , a short scene with the thropy then THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH

Better than nothing.

Back