Mario Sports Superstars

BLOF, at least you'll get a chance to play as your two #1 characters in a Mario sports game again. Especially in this awesome compilation of Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Soccer/Strikers, and Mario Baseball. If you've always wanted to play as them together in those games again, then you got your wish for sure along with the other games in this compilation.

Did I mention that Bowser's bat is blasphemous yet?

If the answer is anything that isn't "yes" you're lying.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Or it can be just them awkwardly posing next to a horse like how Nintendo did it with characters next to their karts in Mario Kart Wii.
They did it with Mario Kart 7, too. Albeit only Daisy, Shy Guy, Rosalina, Wiggler, and Honey Queen/Queen Bee used artwork for separate games.

Actually Daisy's artwork from MK7 debuted in that game , is not reused.

In fact , that would be the one that Nintendo would use in later games as Daisy's updated artwork.

It's funny because , she is one of the first characters to get an artwork that is more detailed and matches Nintendo's current renders.

You can compare Mario Party 6 Daisy with MK7 Daisy and you will notice.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Actually Daisy's artwork from MK7 debuted in that game , is not reused.

In fact , that would be the one that Nintendo would use in later games as Daisy's updated artwork.
Yeah, I know. Baby Peach and Baby Daisy also have the same thing with their MKWii artworks, having them be used later for Super Sluggers.

This game honestly seems low-budget and rushed to me, look at how Rosalina's dress has been pasted into the Golf sport. Look at how the characters move in Soccer. There are also no fantasy arenas, and nearly all of the amiibo cards use old art!

OMG New trailer

This confirms WT Animations are back

So heres a few things:

A) Baby Luigi and Baby Mario will get NEW animations for sure.

B) IT'S HIGHLY LIKELY Nintendo will use Kerri Kane's voice for Rosalina , they just have to!

Please god , please please!!!

Her clips need to match the animations in WT , so it has to be !!! Please!!!

^I like how Bowser Jr. and Diddy Kong won against Yoshi and Birdo in that video.

DejiHime said:
This game honestly seems low-budget and rushed to me, look at how Rosalina's dress has been pasted into the Golf sport. Look at how the characters move in Soccer. There are also no fantasy arenas, and nearly all of the amiibo cards use old art!

People like you need to stop throwing around accusations of games being "rushed" and "low budget", and even your reasons sound slipshod as hell: you accuse the game of being rushed solely because of Rosalina's dress, character art in cards, and small animation hiccups in soccer.

You just forgot to take in account that they placed 5 sports in one. Of course, other things will get compromised if this occurs, it's normal, but that doesn't make the game "low budget" and "rushed".

I'm curious to see how Metal Mario turns out, see if his Golf animations are the same as Mario's. I'm expecting them to be shared, but it'll be funny to see if his double bogey animation is recycled since it doesn't make any sense (it's the one where the green shell hits Mario and Mario's form downgrades).

Aw man, I saw the replay for the tennis mode and they don't have character sound effects in the replay!!!!!

>_>*

Additionally they're going to use Mario Tennis Open animations and sound clips. I was hoping they would use the Ultra Smash ones....

Ok so theres this.

EVERYBODY seems to have old voice clips , most notably in the Tennis part.

This is giving me HOPE.

Please , i cannot wait for Rosalina's gameplay.

They had golf footage, where Yoshi was playing with Baby Luigi (indicated by his HUD icon), and I give a solid fuck you to that footage (and Yoshi) where I don't see Baby Luigi physically at all.

ikr?

They are literally showing all the basic characters and not the ones we actually wanna see!

This is madness.

Man are they still re-using Mario's old soundbites from tennis 64?

And those are clearly power tennis noises for daisy peach and Luigi

Bowser better not be using Scott Burns voice for this....

Mario sounded awesome in Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash. They're really reusing Mario from those games?? Disappointment. I was looking forward to Wario's WHOA!! from Ultra Smash as well...

Speaking of Wario am I crazy or does he look HUGE in the soccer footage?

I think he looks fine, I mean, he's being compared to the Toad midgets.

Mcmadness said:
Speaking of Wario am I crazy or does he look HUGE in the soccer footage?
Wario is naturally a huge fat man who weighs more than a fully-built gorilla.

Well the toads also look smaller than usual. More goomba sized.

Im the only One happy about the reused voices , but that's because it increases the chances that Rosalina gets hers too. If she doesn't its
Ok , but I want to imagine the best scenario , and that would be Kerri Kane because her voice clips in WT are just on top

Mcmadness said:
The goombas are just oversized.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Mcmadness said:
The goombas are just oversized.
Goombas seem to change sizes a lot. Have you seen how obnoxiously huge they are in Mario Kart?

Swiftie_Luma said:
ikr?

They are literally showing all the basic characters and not the ones we actually wanna see!

This is madness.
They at least showed Boo in the horse racing. :boo:

Back