Mario Sports Superstars

memoryman3 said:
Magikrazy said:
memoryman3 said:
Magikrazy said:
Boo is already in the game, so they could pair him up with Dry Bowser. That would leave Rosalina, who they could just bring Luma in for.

They have already paired up Daisy and Rosalina together so Luma is pretty redundant.

Lc5Lf5z.jpg
I thought you hated Rosalina. Now you want to pair her with your favorite character despite her more often than not being paired with Princess Peach?

I hate PEACH not Rosalina....

1469327920814.png

Alright, I was probably thinking of a different user.

I'm just really excited for that horse racing part, and am glad to see Nintendo trying something new for Mario Sports. A part of me is combing my brain for ideas on what they could do next, but another part of me is worried the game itself might bomb (critically or financially) and discourage them from further experimenting with new sports.

This has enough potential to not ''bomb''

It also feels like some sort of an apology from past Mario spin off titles.

Swiftie_Luma said:

Yet, it is wasted on the dated 3DS.....I really hope a new version for the Switch is in the works.

memoryman3 said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

Yet, it is wasted on the dated 3DS.....I really hope a new version for the Switch is in the works.
Funny you say that actually, One of the rumored games for the Switch is an Enhanced port of Mario Sports Superstars. (It'll definitely explain why Bandai Namco is here.)

I wonder if other modes get some personalized in-depth treatment as horse racing. Or they get just something new outside of the base games we've seen in the other three sports.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Yes they do keep them. Never noticed they were mute in Open though.

But i noticed that if the characters make a ''hurt'' sound when hitting and they still make a score , they will change that hurt sound in the replay with a normal one.

I.e.

Rosalina vs Daisy , Rosalina hits the ball ''the wrong way'' so she says ''Owww'' while hitting but she still makes her score.

In the replay that ''Owwww'' is replaced with a ''Woo'' , most likely because they wanted the characters to look good since eveytime they make a score no matter what they focus the camera on them as shown in the gif before showing the hit.

So, that's great that they even coded that portion correctly. I mean, I think the 3DS is capable of handling something like that (you know, with Smash for 3DS being able to save replays IIRC) and that's great.

I really wish there was a MKTV-like system for replays, so you can save the best moments. I had a lot of damn fine replay moments in Mario Tennis Open/Mario Power Tennis. Well again in Mario Tennis Open, it wouldn't really be worth saving with no voice effects.

Magikrazy said:
I'm just really excited for that horse racing part, and am glad to see Nintendo trying something new for Mario Sports. A part of me is combing my brain for ideas on what they could do next, but another part of me is worried the game itself might bomb (critically or financially) and discourage them from further experimenting with new sports.

I don't see how this game will bomb at all. Unlike the Wii U, the Nintendo 3DS has a rather large install base. The game comes packaged with 5 sports that are promised to be in-depth (though we'll see how that turns out) at a regular price. I think any Mario sports fan will be appealed by having 5 games in one, as well as more casual people. Mario sports have usually sold well unless their name is Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash and even so, that game has a myriad of problems as well as being on the Wii U.

TB100 said:
Funny you say that actually, One of the rumored games for the Switch is an Enhanced port of Mario Sports Superstars. (It'll definitely explain why Bandai Namco is here.)

One of the tweets did mention "multiplatform" though it could be referring to the New 3DS.

If there will be a Switch port that'll be freaking amazing.

But I expect Namco to be working on the Horse Racing, Soccer, and Baseball segments. We don't know how involved Camelot is with those sports.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I wonder if other modes get some personalized in-depth treatment as horse racing. Or they get just something new outside of the base games we've seen in the other three sports.

Who knows? Even with the base game with new courts, I'll be very pleased.

I full expect each sport not to be as indepth as their individual predecessors due to the compilation nature of the game but I do hope they are featured enough to warrant a few hours of playtime per sport.

All i want is each character have their own victory animations. I dont care if is simple as in Open when you clear a tournament , even that was better than nothing.

I wouldn't hold your breath for much in that regard.

Golf will probably just recycle ones from before

I am not talking about golf , im talking about tournaments.

The animations shown in golf are after each hole is completed not after the whole course is.

And even if they reuse those , it would be for a good reason as those were pretty neat , but they would still need new ones for Baby Mario and company so its the same.

Like I said, don't expect much.

Thats not expecting much , that's the least they could do.

Expecting ''much'' would be wanting them to create brand new animations in the style of those of Mario Golf World Tour for each character, and thats not what im saying.

When you got 5 different sports in one game, they'll cut corners.

I think Nintendo should also begin work on the Switch version with improved visuals and stuff.

Mcmadness said:
I full expect each sport not to be as indepth as their individual predecessors due to the compilation nature of the game but I do hope they are featured enough to warrant a few hours of playtime per sport.

Mario Sports Mix is my bar of expectations. It's a compilation sport game but it's a pretty great one. All sports feel very fun to play in.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Thats not expecting much , that's the least they could do.

Expecting ''much'' would be wanting them to create brand new animations in the style of those of Mario Golf World Tour for each character, and thats not what im saying.

Eh, post tournament animations would be sweet, even though Open's were nothing like Power Tennis. They're going to reuse many animations but I'm also hoping for new ones.

What I AM hoping for are entertaining post-hole animations for the Baby Mario Bros.

I'm going to eat those up. Binge on them. I hope they'll so amazing that I'll consume them.

Out of ALL places to show new gameplay footage, it's in a movie theater????

Already saw that , when it was first posted.

Nothing relevant aside from the re-confirmation of animations being reused in golf.

Well there's Baby Luigi racing again on that horse and that's fun to see.

Also, I wonder what those star things in horse racing do anyway.

I'd be even more excited if they decided to port this over to the Switch.

Japan already has a release date? What about the rest of the world??? >___>

Back