Mario Sports Superstars

7GrandDad said:
I don't think people who hate Dry Bowser should claim he's stupid regardless of the context
I carefully added "equally" in my post tho

memoryman3 said:
I am very confident that we will get the two babies! I mean, the babies being all male are lame, and it kinda ruins the point of them being playable in anything.

How is this even logical?

7GrandDad said:
I don't think people who hate Dry Bowser should claim he's stupid regardless of the context when clones like Rosalina and Baby Luigi are just as bad. Hell, that's part of the 'charm' of this franchise. Half the main cast are clones. :luigi: is Mario dipped in green, :wario: and :waluigi: are their bad versions, :daisy: is a yellow Peach (who herself is technically a clone of damsel in distress #1981, I mean, Pauline)...

That said, it's most likely going to be him and Toadette, because they're incredibly easy to model in and both Boo and Elsa-Cynthia have no partners.

I mean, there was part of a charm for having variations of existing characters, but they've gotten above and beyond with making too many "separate" characters, with Mario Kart Wii being the worst contender, Double Dash maybe for starting it but again, Baby Mario and Baby Luigi were unique for not being unique and besides, Baby Mario was already playable in Mario Golf 64. Dry Bowser isn't his own character, he's literally Bowser with his skin melted off in the same time period, same day, same situation. Baby Mario and Baby Luigi have a time paradox thing going for them and they made Metal Mario a boss and rival since the N64 era. It's a bit sad they're still making up crap as their own characters even today like Dry Bowser or Tanooki Mario when they're ripe alternate costume material rather than separate characters.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Mario Tennis Open: Power Tennis voices with some new lines for characters like Peach.

except for veteran Baby Mario, he has new recordings based on his old voices from N64 as well as recycled old voices from N64 mixed in since he hasn't appeared as a playable character in Mario Power Tennis. Baby Peach has completely new voice clips. Dry Bowser has some new, and maybe Luma as well, but they're mostly recycled.

I'm guessing they're gonna reuse voice clips from Baby Mario in Tennis Open as they did in World Tour but that leaves Baby Luigi, who makes his tennis/golf debut. I'm thinking they might make new voice clips for him. He's not like, a sound-making character like Birdo who they can reuse voice clips from Mario Kart Wii or Boo who makes sounds. I mean, I hope he receives some new ones even if they do get recycled from Double Dash, Mario Kart Wii, and Mario Kart 8. Baby Peach received new voice clips. Why can't Baby Luigi? :/

Hopefully Birdo will receive some new sound clips, but they'll probably reuse her World Tour ones.

Rosalina will probably keep her Ultra Smash voice, because her Tennis pose is based on that. That's what I'm guessing anyway, the tennis portion plays a lot like an Ultra Smash/Tennis Open hybrid. Has Peach kept her Jen Taylor voice in Ultra Smash as well? Because I never played that game so derp <:OD

memoryman3 said:
I am very confident that we will get the two babies! I mean, the babies being all male are lame, and it kinda ruins the point of them being playable in anything.

The Baby Mario Bros. are the best babies who just happen to be male.

Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Superstar Baseball and literally most Yoshi's Island games have only male babies and Baby Mario and Baby Luigi were awesome in Double Dash and Superstar Baseball.

except for veteran Baby Mario, he has new recordings based on his old voices from N64 as well as recycled old voices from N64 mixed in since he hasn't appeared as a playable character in Mario Power Tennis. Baby Peach has completely new voice clips. Dry Bowser has some new, and maybe Luma as well, but they're mostly recycled.

I'm guessing they're gonna reuse voice clips from Baby Mario in Tennis Open as they did in World Tour but that leaves Baby Luigi, who makes his tennis/golf debut. I'm thinking they might make new voice clips for him. He's not like, a sound-making character like Birdo who they can reuse voice clips from Mario Kart Wii or Boo who makes sounds. I mean, I hope he receives some new ones even if they do get recycled from Double Dash, Mario Kart Wii, and Mario Kart 8. Baby Peach received new voice clips. Why can't Baby Luigi? :/

Hopefully Birdo will receive some new sound clips, but they'll probably reuse her World Tour ones.

Rosalina will probably keep her Ultra Smash voice, because her Tennis pose is based on that. That's what I'm guessing anyway, the tennis portion plays a lot like an Ultra Smash/Tennis Open hybrid. Has Peach kept her Jen Taylor voice in Ultra Smash as well? Because I never played that game so derp <:OD

That's true i guess.

I mean Baby Mario could have , again, his 64 voice clips hence they were meant for Golfing and he is again doing so in this game, aside from the fact they were in Open.

I guess Baby Luigi , much like Baby Peach did , would either have an updated set or just reuse from his previous appearences.

Even then , Nintendo always puts some ''unuse'' clips mixed with many that made it into the games , so you may hear some ''new'' ones.

Like with Rosalina , in World Tour half of her voice is from MK7 and the other half are unused clips that did not made the cut in that game.

When it comes to Peach , her voice in the trailer is exactly like in Open, in Ultra Smash she had (like most characters) her MK8 clips , and even so , as a good Peach fan i can tell that they still kept that Jen Taylor clip when Peach is hitting the ball.

I dont see how Rosalina's ''pose'' dictates her voice. By that logic her voice to this day would be still be Mercedes Rose as Nintendo has milked to death that MKWii pose were she appears with the Luma , thats like Rosalina's trademark pose now.

I would hope Camelot puts out a wild card right now , and goes back to Kerri Kane like they did in 2014 even if Laura already took over by that time. Dont care about consistency , i just want Rosalina to have her World Tour clips since those gave me so much joy after the dissapoinment in MK8.

Even then , logic points out that they wont do this and they will keep the current one, and i dont mind that so much but its not illegal to dream for what i think it would be the best for Rosalina.

Also , Peach animations seem to be from Open , even if they are keeping the US mechanic , the animations seem to be from WT and Open from Golf and Tennis respectively.

Would not be surprising as this game is a big compilation with many characters so its logical if Camelot would want to reuse stuff in order to focus on many other areas that they need to create from scratch.

Baby Luigi said:
7GrandDad said:
I don't think people who hate Dry Bowser should claim he's stupid regardless of the context when clones like Rosalina and Baby Luigi are just as bad. Hell, that's part of the 'charm' of this franchise. Half the main cast are clones. :luigi: is Mario dipped in green, :wario: and :waluigi: are their bad versions, :daisy: is a yellow Peach (who herself is technically a clone of damsel in distress #1981, I mean, Pauline)...

That said, it's most likely going to be him and Toadette, because they're incredibly easy to model in and both Boo and Elsa-Cynthia have no partners.

I mean, there was part of a charm for having variations of existing characters, but they've gotten above and beyond with making too many "separate" characters, with Mario Kart Wii being the worst contender, Double Dash maybe for starting it but again, Baby Mario and Baby Luigi were unique for not being unique and besides, Baby Mario was already playable in Mario Golf 64. Dry Bowser isn't his own character, he's literally Bowser with his skin melted off in the same time period, same day, same situation. Baby Mario and Baby Luigi have a time paradox thing going for them and they made Metal Mario a boss and rival since the N64 era. It's a bit sad they're still making up crap as their own characters even today like Dry Bowser or Tanooki Mario when they're ripe alternate costume material rather than separate characters.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Mario Tennis Open: Power Tennis voices with some new lines for characters like Peach.

memoryman3 said:

The Baby Mario Bros. are the best babies who just happen to be male.

Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Superstar Baseball and literally most Yoshi's Island games have only male babies and Baby Mario and Baby Luigi were awesome in Double Dash and Superstar Baseball.

That was before the new era of Baby Princesses though....

Baby Wario or Riot.

memoryman3 said:
That was before the new era of Baby Princesses though....

There is no new "era" of the baby princesses. Even in Yoshi's New Island, it was only the bros. Same thing with promotional material like on Play Nintendo, only the bros. were featured. And it should really stay that way to be really honest with you.

Unless the character roster is bigger, they should be left out.

New Kongs have very little chance of making it in. Dixie Kong was lucky she made it in Mario Hoops 3-on-3, because she ended up being cut in Mario Sports Mix. Tiny Kong has even less of a chance than Dixie, because she's just not really that important of a character. People keep requesting them but the only Mario games they've successfully been in was Dixie's Mario Hoops 3-on-3, Funky Bike Wii, and Mario Baseball games. That's it.

Given how safe Nintendo likes to play these days, I can tell the 'main' roster is going to be what we normally get nowadays. I mean, they already have a 'surprise' in Baby Luigi being present for the Tennis/Golf portions, with the other 'surprise' being that Toad is a species as opposed to a single character (granted, there's the awkward thing regarding the generic Boo)...

...hence why it seems likely that the last two characters of the 18 are Dry Bowser and Toadette. Because the tennis/golf animations for them are already there (plus easy rigging over Bowser/Toad).

TempestBlade said:
Dry Bowser is not new character. I don't think pair character for him.
Boo is already in the game, so they could pair him up with Dry Bowser. That would leave Rosalina, who they could just bring Luma in for.

7GrandDad said:
Given how safe Nintendo likes to play these days, I can tell the 'main' roster is going to be what we normally get nowadays. I mean, they already have a 'surprise' in Baby Luigi being present for the Tennis/Golf portions, with the other 'surprise' being that Toad is a species as opposed to a single character (granted, there's the awkward thing regarding the generic Boo)...

...hence why it seems likely that the last two characters of the 18 are Dry Bowser and Toadette. Because the tennis/golf animations for them are already there (plus easy rigging over Bowser/Toad).

Adding Baby Mario and Baby Luigi isn't exactly "safe". The rest of the playable characters have been playable in at least one Mario Party game, they all had been playable in Mario Golf: World Tour, the Baby Mario Bros. (as well as Birdo) skimped out in Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, and in Baby Luigi's case, it's his debut in Tennis and Golf, for freaking once. Hell, characters like Birdo and the Baby Mario Bros. finally making in playable after all of those times we requested them should be something we should be cheering on about. I'm pretty much tired of them being left out of spin-off games, especially the bros. when it's considering the Mario Party series.

Also, Dry Bowser isn't even in World Tour but yeah they could reuse everything Bowser and thus call him a "new" character. They might bring in a Mario variation instead, they've been pulling that since Mario Golf 64, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, and Mario Golf: World Tour. I don't mind Metal Mario though.

TempestBlade said:
Does baseball allows more characters?

It does not. The main characters operate as captain-esque characters. There are two of them per baseball team, with the rest filling up with generic type characters. Characters like Nabbit, Tiny Kong, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, etc don't operate that way and therefore don't see much chance of getting it.

Magikrazy said:
TempestBlade said:
Boo is already in the game, so they could pair him up with Dry Bowser. That would leave Rosalina, who they could just bring Luma in for.

Luma and Dry Bowser could be the last guys. And honestly, I'd be happy with Luma being in. The poor thing needs to be playable in more games.

Magikrazy said:
TempestBlade said:

They have already paired up Daisy and Rosalina together so Luma is pretty redundant.

Lc5Lf5z.jpg

So I'm gonna guess Dry Bowser because he's everywhere as of late.

memoryman3 said:
Magikrazy said:
TempestBlade said:

They have already paired up Daisy and Rosalina together so Luma is pretty redundant.

Lc5Lf5z.jpg

Never.

At least Mario's with the lllllllllllllllllladies.

memoryman3 said:
Magikrazy said:

Lc5Lf5z.jpg
I thought you hated Rosalina. Now you want to pair her with your favorite character despite her more often than not being paired with Princess Peach?

Uh she did hit the ball? Look at the motion blur direction.

Though Daisy is still stupid for cheering. The two other guys aren't even at a bad position.

Daisy is taunting so she can power-up her next hit.

Obviously.

Baby Luigi said:
Uh she did hit the ball? Look at the motion blur direction.

Though Daisy is still stupid for cheering. The two other guys aren't even at a bad position.

Yes you are right.

bQS7M1U.gif

Another thing Ultra Smash did correctly was those gorgeous camera angles when you execute an amazing Jump Shot.

Do they at the very least keep, I don't know CHARACTER VOICES in the replays? Mario Tennis Open didn't do that and it made replays incredibly bland and boring.

Yes they do keep them. Never noticed they were mute in Open though.

But i noticed that if the characters make a ''hurt'' sound when hitting and they still make a score , they will change that hurt sound in the replay with a normal one.

I.e.

Rosalina vs Daisy , Rosalina hits the ball ''the wrong way'' so she says ''Owww'' while hitting but she still makes her score.

In the replay that ''Owwww'' is replaced with a ''Woo'' , most likely because they wanted the characters to look good since eveytime they make a score no matter what they focus the camera on them as shown in the gif before showing the hit.

Magikrazy said:
memoryman3 said:
Magikrazy said:

Lc5Lf5z.jpg
I thought you hated Rosalina. Now you want to pair her with your favorite character despite her more often than not being paired with Princess Peach?

I hate PEACH not Rosalina....

Back