What new things should Nintendo add in Mariokart 9 (Next Mariokart)

Trunks Mario said:
and sometimes, some games feature other characters like Funky Kong on Flame Runner!

The overused combo on MKWii Online (Before Dankey Kong on that bike too)

I don't mind donkey kong characters in mario kart since donkey kong is kinda a mario character.

We need to outlaw all metal characters in mario kart (we're looking at you,pink old bleach)

LumaGirl45 said:
We need to outlaw all metal characters in mario kart (we're looking at you,pink old bleach)

Metal Mario's awesome tho

LumaGirl45 said:
And outlaw baby characters as well (Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are exceptions).

Also, when Pauline starts to appear in every spin-off games after Odyssey, I wouldn't expect her to have a baby counterpart.

I wouldn't mind it if Baby Luigi was outlawed. Mario Kart races are boring without cops and helicopters chasing me for simply using Baby Luigi.

I think Baby Luigi should stay, as he's been in Mario Kart longer than all of the other babies except Baby Mario. Plus he's adorable and has a reason for existence. Maybe an exception for Baby Peach and let her stay, but I really think not. I also think metal characters should generally be melted and used as drill bits, but if any of them should stay, it has to be Metal Mario, as he's been in the series the longest too, and has a reason to exist. But NO MORE PINK GOLD PEACH.

I honestly couldnt care less about the babies and metal supposedly taking up unnecessary space. It's all rather superficial when all the characters play the same as the ones in the same weight class. Of course, I'd rather they not pull random shit out of nowhere like with Pink Gold Peach, but my hate for her has nothing to do with being a "clone".

Make Metal Mario a palette/costume swap for Mario, which alters his stats a bit.

Villager proves two characters in one slot can have different stats, so why not?

The only problem is knowing that Metal Mario is much heavier than any of the other medium-sized characters.

I think I've suggested this before but what if instead of giving characters like :metal: and :pgp: their own individual slots, why not have them share their slots with regular :mario: and :peach: as costumes? For example if you wanted to play as Metal Mario, you highlight regular Mario and toggle through various costumes similar to how you would toggle through palettes in Smash Bros. and select Metal Mario with him retaining all his unique stats and signature heaviness.

--

Edit: Whoops, didn't realize someone already beat me to the punch. xD

It's completely pointless to make Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach as costumes. Maybe it'll make the roster look nice but I otherwise fail to see the point of making the roster unnecessarily more convoluted.

Well this more or less is intended to be a hypothetical compromise for the people who feel these characters are taking up slots and the people that still want to see these characters in the game fully in tact stats and all, but I understand what you mean. It wouldn't really make that much of a difference and probably would be a little annoying to have to do after awhile.

For the most part, palette swaps should just be an aesthetic thing. Sure, the Villager is an exception to the rule, but that's only in MK8, since MK8D separates the male and female Villagers.

bring back the amiibo racing suits but let any character wear them

let me dress junior up like captain falcon

Weasel said:

So much this.

Would love to see Baby Luigi in a...well anything that's not a princess, Wario, Yoshi, nor Donkey Kong suit.

Weasel said:

as long as the Prancer or Birthday Girl or something as girly comes around, it'll be complete with Peach's outfit.

A level based off Paper Mario Colour Splash.

Because I hate 90% of the PM fanbase.

Make another Mario Kart track be based after Sticker Star too.

Or around both of them. I can see it happening.

J-Yoshi64 said:
We gotta have one based on Mario Party 9, then.
Funnily enough, this is not necessarily true: In Mario Kart: Super Circuit the Rainbow Road had the Paper Mario Bowser's Castle in the background (it was developed by Intelligent Systems, after all), so having a Paper Mario-based track wouldn't be something new nor inappropriate for the series, while as far as I know explicit Mario Party references are yet to be seen.

J-Yoshi64 said:
We gotta have one based on Mario Party 9, then.

Any Mario Party will do. They are all terrible.

I don't even hate Mario Party 9 that much.

I actually quite like the idea of specifically game- or series-themed courses. Obviously, some courses are vaguely game themed (Wii Rainbow Road is loosely based on Super Mario Galaxy, Peach Beach is roughly themed around Super Mario Sunshine), but a specific Mario Party one with spaces on the track or a Paper Mario one would be cool. If they do that on the switch, I'd like to see them do it with the aesthetics of the new Yoshi game, which would give it a crafted look, but that generally would be a cool idea.

Location themed circuits rather than character circuits. Imagine if, instead of Mario Circuit and Luigi Circuit and all of those again, we got Bonneton Circuit, Tostarena Circuit, New Donk Circuit. They would be much more creative and fun than just another generic track.

Back