What new things should Nintendo add in Mariokart 9 (Next Mariokart)

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
Baby Luigi said:
I want a tireless option. Have your vehicles constantly levitating. Replace that with, say, maybe energy turbines in the bottom, and they glow a different color in anti-gravity mode.

Would you like something on the lines of the E. Gadd Jet and the Lakitu Cloud from Mario Party 5's Super Duel Mode?

Yes, I'd love that. Please do something like that.

I'd totally main that.

Developers STILL haven't animated the steering wheel yet so the characters may as well not be steering at all.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
Wasn't the steering wheel animated in First-Person view in Mario Kart 7?

Yeah, but not in 3rd person view where it looks stupid and jarring.

Re: What new things should Nintendo add in Mario Kart 9 (Next Mario Kart)

A SSB style item system in VS. race, where the player can turn different items on and off, rather than having preselect item sets that all include coins as an item so you don't know whether or not you're going to get a mushroom, or you if you'll get a coin even though the game said Mushrooms ONLY (Mario Kart 8's item system is broken).

Re: What new things should Nintendo add in Mario Kart 9 (Next Mario Kart)

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
A SSB style item system in VS. race, where the player can turn different items on and off, rather than having preselect item sets that all include coins as an item so you don't know whether or not you're going to get a mushroom, or you if you'll get a coin even though the game said Mushrooms ONLY (Mario Kart 8's item system is broken).
I'd rather they just get rid of coins in item boxes altogether than a straight up Smash Bros style Item Switch. The unpredictability of items is part of the fun of the game. Plus, an Item Switch has potential to break the game significantly, and not in a fun way. Suppose someone turns off all items, the game now almost entirely comes down to speed, the guy who picks Bowser will almost certainly win. And what about turning on only the items meant for those in last place? How would that work in-game?

^Turning off items is already possible in Mario Kart.

Also, I agree that coins are a horrible item and I would want to mod the game to make their frequency 0 in mono-item races.

Mirror Time Trials. Have no clue why this isn't a thing yet.
Maybe different cc classes for Time Trials as well.

oh and a Item Switch thing like Smash for VS mode could work really well too! For private matches only of course.

The option to race on tracks backwards! I have always loved when tracks naturally have what I like to call "backwards compatibility." I would always experiment in Time Trials to see which tracks I could drive all the way from the finish line to the starting line.

It's a shame stupid Lakitu has to ruin my fun in Mario Kart 8. :lakitu:

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
If you have three shells rotating around you, they should be guaranteed to protect you from one banana or red/green shell.

That's rather hard to do for the larger characters. Mario Kart Wii pretty much shows why, since the triple shells can easily protect a small vehicle, but not so much for a large vehicle.

Assuming the next Mario Kart is on the Switch and isn't MK8D, my biggest peeve about MK8 other than her is how useless the GamePad was. It was literally a repeat of something you could put on the TV. So I think the second screen should have a functionality like it did in DS.

Item check does help you plan ahead though. Sadly, the Nintendo Switch isn't able to do anything like that, so you're literally blind as to what items your opponents are holding.

If the next Mario Kart is on the Switch and the course amount is at least the same as in MK8, I want any of these as returning racetracks:

GCN Wario Colosseum
GCN Rainbow Road
GCN Bowser's Castle
3DS Rosalina's Ice World
3DS Wario Shipyard
GBA Broken Pier
N64 Wario Stadium
GBA Lakeside Park
Wii Toad's Factory
Wii DK Summit
Wii U Toad Harbor
Wii U Cloudtop Cruise
DS Shroom Ridge
DS Mario Circuit

Both GCN Rainbow road and bowser's castle? I do think they are going to bring back one of those, but not both in the same game.

And why should we even skip the GBA Rainbow Road? Imagine what they could have done with the track, now that Mario Kart 8 is known for revitalizing the flat tracks?

I suppose that could work, but do you expect the new Mario Kart to feature 3 Rainbow Roads like MK8 did? I'd love to see GBA Rainbow Road, but I think GCN or DS will get there first.

As long as SNES Rainbow Road doesn't return for a fourth time, I'm good with any retro Rainbow Road honestly.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
As long as SNES Rainbow Road doesn't return for a fourth time, I'm good with any retro Rainbow Road honestly.

It would be 5 actually. Don't forget that it came back in MKSC too.

SpaceHamster said:
It would be 5 actually. Don't forget that it came back in MKSC too.

It appeared in:

SNES (obviously)
GBA
3DS
Wii U

Where did you get the 5th from? According to the edit history of the SNES Rainbow Road article, MK8D doesn't count.

You said "as long as it doesn't come back for a fourth appearance," which I wanted to say "It would be its fifth." Sorry that wasn't clear.

Back