Roger Smith said:
if fawfulthegreat64 was still here he would probably be raging at everyone here

big deal the dude raged at everything that wasnt a mario rpg

Samus Aran said:
TheFarmboy said:
Time Turner said:
Xandalf said:
The Thousand Year Door
TTYD definitely has its share of flaws (Glitz Pit's janky battles, Fahr Outpost's tedious quest, Riverside Station's emptiness...), but no matter how cynically I think about the game, I couldn't put it below all of the rest.

You left out Chapter 4's constant trips between Twilight Town and Creepy Steeple. Otherwise, it's one of the better RPGs.

@Samus: The revelation that the treasure box after beating the Shadow Queen only had a dried shroom?

no that the fact that the final boss is some shit demon lord

The final boss is essentially Princess Peach.

I'm sorry, but that's nothing short of fucking amazing. I still love that they actually went with that.

Dr. Alphys said:
Samus Aran said:
TheFarmboy said:
Time Turner said:
Xandalf said:
The Thousand Year Door
TTYD definitely has its share of flaws (Glitz Pit's janky battles, Fahr Outpost's tedious quest, Riverside Station's emptiness...), but no matter how cynically I think about the game, I couldn't put it below all of the rest.

You left out Chapter 4's constant trips between Twilight Town and Creepy Steeple. Otherwise, it's one of the better RPGs.

@Samus: The revelation that the treasure box after beating the Shadow Queen only had a dried shroom?

no that the fact that the final boss is some shit demon lord

The final boss is essentially Princess Peach.

I'm sorry, but that's nothing short of fucking amazing. I still love that they actually went with that.

no its a demon posessing peach, and then you fight the demon.

just eh

i guess its kinda funny but in the end its just another demon to me. sometimes my life with rpgs really curses me.

No Zae. You are the demons.

And now you are a zombie.

nope

But not the good kind of curses

Roger Smith said:
Samus Aran said:
Roger Smith said:
if fawfulthegreat64 was still here he would probably be raging at everyone here

big deal the dude raged at everything that wasnt a mario rpg
true

Uncalled for, broskis. Fawful's a cool guy, and having spoken to him, he is not an attacker. Can you not forgive him for the argument he got into, what, a year ago?

I think he's all right, genuinely a good person. Just annoying sometimes.

Still think his permaban was unnecessary.

he has a decent personality when it comes morals and whatnot, but he often jumped to conclusions and kinda made his opinions a bit too big at times. Which is something ive done as well, but i never saw much improvement going with him and im always trying to make myself better, but sometimes i just felt like he should just chill out and with that he would have been a pretty damn good member.

Yeah, he's at least far from the worst person that got banned.

Super Paper Mario.
Best IMHO was Thousand Year Door. 8) Those :bowser: and :peach: minigames after chapters were really fun.

Super Paper Mario COULD have been better but instead, it was made into something along the lines of a platformer with the art style of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

It doesn't really have the art style of Thousand-Year Door. It's just a bunch of simplistic geometric shapes.

i think what he was referring to was the general sprite work of the game, not the designs itself

Dr. Alphys said:
It's kind of a complicated nuance with this game... text
I talked about this before, and I wanted now to ask you what do you think about this hypothesis: what if Super Paper Mario wasn't a Paper Mario game at some point of development and then became one near the end, once it was seen, thanks to the Bowser sections in TTYD, that actually the game would have worked better with the characters from the Paper Mario games?
This would explain why the characters stemming from the Paper Mario games are so different in aesthetics from the other characters and most of the settings of Super Paper Mario, it would also explain why Mario doesn't have the usual role and also why many of his paper abilities from TTYD - that might have positively impacted gameplay - are missing. After all, many characters of the Paper Mario series are interchangeable with characters using the style peculiar to that game without the story being affected that much, Luigi is involved in bosses that blend Paper Mario typical art style with Super Paper Mario's typical art style, but there's just two of them (Brobot and Super Dimentio), so something doable even if the game was in an advanced stage of development when it was transformed in a Paper Mario game.

I'm surprised a lot of people voted for Super Paper Mario, it isn't THAT bad after all.
I've voted Dream team because it's a bit too... weird.

Super Paper Mario is pretty bad in my opinion. The other Paper Marios don't have the same kind of god awful story that bogs down the gameplay.

Striker Mario said:
Super Paper Mario is pretty bad in my opinion. The other Paper Marios don't have the same kind of god awful story that bogs down the gameplay.
Sticker Star

It's hard to hate something that's practically nonexistent.

I'd rather take that than a story I'd want to gouge my own eyes out over.

Back