Anybody else curious as to what the kids these days think of Mario?

yeah around here they like Mario and his stuff very much.

However they remain ignorant about the existence of the better games such as the ones in the N64 and GCN , and characters such as Rosalina , Fawful , Funky Kong , and etc remain obscure and unknown.

My mom and many kids around always calls Rosalina , ''Peach'' , and i don't blame her at all because well ... Duh ... but come on...

Reminds me of how my parents still think I'm a staunch Luigi fanatic >___>

It's been like what, nearly 10 years ago since Baby Luigi became my favorite character?

Baby Luigi said:
Reminds me of how my parents still think I'm a staunch Luigi fanatic >___>

It's been like what, nearly 10 years ago since Baby Luigi became my favorite character?

To be fair, Baby Luigi is still a Luigi so...

Swiftie_Luma said:
However they remain ignorant about the existence of the better games such as the ones in the N64 and GCN , and characters such as Rosalina

I doubt that's the case now at least for her. Rosalina being in practically everything recent. Especially Smash.

Yeah , that kinda helps , but with Rosalina striking resemblance to Peach , it is impossible that at least 1 person doesn't go and call Rosalina ''Peach'', specially when the later is universally known since more than a decade.

This prevents some people to tell Rosalina apart sometimes , as the individual character she is since day 1.

Even Daisy has a point since , while she debuted as a tanned red haired Peach , Daisy was VERY QUICK to change her appearence righ after MP3 so she remains very recognizable ; Which is not the case of Rosalina considering there's no way she would go into a transformation , as she doesnt need it , but still resembles Peach greatly ( and she is meant to resemble her) , even more than Daisy did as Daisy's facial features were indeed different than Peach in the actual N64 renders of the games and so on , unlike their in-game appearences.

Hopefully , Rosalina makes yet another appearence in a main game to kill this buzz 100%

I wonder if, because of his appearance in the ending ceremony of the Rio Olympic games, the awareness of Mario have increased.

Thanks for reading.

winstein said:
I wonder if, because of his appearance in the ending ceremony of the Rio Olympic games, the awareness of Mario have increased.

Thanks for reading.
Probably not, pretty much everyone knows who Mario is. The people that don't would probably be the older ones who grew up when video games weren't big or didn't have kids who have Mario games.

Most people my age still think Mario is fun, they just don't play play it as much because it's aimed a younger kids and they prefer games based for more mature people like shooters.

The younger kids that I know still like Mario Kart but most kids nowdays play on an iPad or something.

Ah, little kids aren't interested in Mario around here anymore ;-;

Most of them like GTA or the like >.> or don't play video games at all. When did my country's children go wrong?

Ninelevendo said:
Most people my age still think Mario is fun, they just don't play play it as much because it's aimed a younger kids and they prefer games based for more mature people like shooters.

The younger kids that I know still like Mario Kart but most kids nowdays play on an iPad or something.
This is relevant, methink.

The only opinion of kids I know is my 11 year old brother. He thinks it's lame and for babies. Then I told him that I still play Mario and he's like "you're lame and a baby." Also he told me my taste in video games sucked.

Charming.

Cynder said:
The only opinion of kids I know is my 11 year old brother. He thinks it's lame and for babies. Then I told him that I still play Mario and he's like "you're lame and a baby."
Someone ought to point out the irony in that. My sister and I also play Mario. That makes it three adult women that play Mario games.

Cynder said:
The only opinion of kids I know is my 11 year old brother. He thinks it's lame and for babies. Then I told him that I still play Mario and he's like "you're lame and a baby." Also he told me my taste in video games sucked.
You should tell him in great detail about the much darker points of the series.
Such as when Peach got possessed by a 1000-year-old demon. :posh:

Mario & luigi superstar saga is dark enough you know. Plus, I find the Mario RPGs pretty confusing if you're a kid, just like when I first played super paper mario.

hmm not in particular, not much to really think of mario nowadays as it was back then i think.

The old games were the bomb!
I grew up with the original Super Mario Bros, I played Super Mario Bros 2 a lot. (I liked Princess Peach even back then and I liked that she could float and therefore little Peachinator found it to be easier to beat Birdo and get over waterfalls and shy guys) lol

My niece loves Mario. Though she doesn't play Mario often, she mostly plays Minecraft because it's the only game she knows how to play. ^^

I think it's because of me she likes Mario #.# I used to have dolls of Mario^^ I like to play with them with her sometimes, mostly to cheer her up. *.*

My Nephew also likes Mario bros, I'm not sure if he plays the Mario games though, like with my niece he mostly plays Minecraft. I also see loads of kids with Mario shirts and dolls when I go to the mall and stuff, so my guess that a lot of kids love the Mario. !.! So sweet! ^^

Koops the koopa troopa said:
Mario & luigi superstar saga is dark enough you know. Plus, I find the Mario RPGs pretty confusing if you're a kid, just like when I first played super paper mario.
The two darkest Mario games would probably be Super Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.

my brother really likes mario kart and mario party, and he's 9 years old. i remember being first introduced to mario kart wiii as a five-year-old when it first came out, and then i fell in love with the series.

i was absolutely terrified of superstar saga though. i had a gameboy which used to be my dad's and he had some games on it including that one. needless to say, i found it incredibly weird to the point where i didn't want to continue my adventure and abandoned myself in stardust fields.

i wonder if any other kids would react similarly or if that was just me.

Haha, I feel ya about Superstar Saga. I was very young when I first played it, and I do recall thinking how strange some characters looked on the box art. At that age, I lost interest due to all the dialogue that I didn't want to read. And the controls were probably felt very difficult as well.

I don't like the series as much as I used to, but it's still pretty good to me. I still find a few games nice, but it's still a bit different.

YoshiKong said:
Haha, I feel ya about Superstar Saga. I was very young when I first played it, and I do recall thinking how strange some characters looked on the box art. At that age, I lost interest due to all the dialogue that I didn't want to read. And the controls were probably felt very difficult as well.

cackletta was the stuff of nightmares when i was eight.

at least i didn't make it to the fight against her soul; i would've been scarred for life.

I don't really like mario games as much anymore but for what it's worth there's a kid in my art class who's obsessed with mario but people often tease him about it. He always brings up random obscure trivia about games like Mario vs Wario

Back