The Nintendo Cinematic Universe

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
NCU_Logo.png

Hey paisanos, guess what? After years of Satoru Iwata and Tatsumi Kimishima’ hinting at grand plans for a new era of Nintendo cross-media deals, it's finally happening! Nintendo has officialy announced a brand new filmic universe in patnership with Sony Pictures. Part of the first phase is of course a promising Mario live-action film directed by John Favreau and produced by *shudder* Avi Arad.

Unfortunately, it's not Shigeru Miyamoto's Super Mario Brothers

Tsk tsk, you think we're joking? Well, guess what: the fines minds at Smashwiki and Pikipedia too have gotten winds of big-budget adaptations of their games!

Pik-Min_poster.jpg

See? Totally legit.

From what I heard, the last Mario movie was a commercial flop.

Nintendo, please do better with this one.

hoping the NCU includes:
Wario Land Indiana jones rip-off
Luigi's Mansion horror film
Fire Emblem fantasy war film
Waluigi post-apocalyptic action film

Threek said:
guardians of the good egg galaxy when?
holy shit nvm, this wins

warioware would be the best gotg equivalent

Bartz Klauser said:
when's my metroid movie entry
"you are not authorised to become a film adaption"

I'm glad we have something Smash-related because Smash Bros. is everything.

I got to saw an advance screening of pik-min

I freaked out when reggie himself came out of the shadows and said to louie, "we're making a special team. is your body ready?"

can't wait for the one-shot A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Mushroom Kingdom that encompasses the opening of hotel mario

also super hyped for Captain Falcon: The First Smash Brother

I've also heard rumors of an InhuMons film but that's only a rumor as of now.

Apparently the first Metroid film will star Jennifer Lawrence as Samus. What's more, it will be a crossover film with Dax Shepherd as Captain Falcon, and Henry Cavill as Mega-Man

I wish the live action Mario film will star Captain Lou Albano instead

Bit disappointed that Bulbapedia wasn't in on the joke here.

But god I wish something like this was a real thing.

CM30 said:
Bit disappointed that Bulbapedia wasn't in on the joke here.

But god I wish something like this was a real thing.

as late as this morning, Archaic wanted to post something on Bulbagarden (hence the part about The Pokemon Company on our NCU page) but it seems things got in the way.

Still, I'm glad any wikis collaborated with us on this. I'd like to specifically thanks Espyo and Toomai for their support and enthusiasm.

So it was an April Fools joke all along. Damn, I got pranked.

Ayen said:
Okay, I'll admit. You got me. For a moment I thought this was legit.
i forgot it was april fools day and actually thought it was legit too

i was about to raeg about how i still have cast lists and shit like that to submit, then i caught on

I think the first clue that it wasn't real should be the fact that there wasn't also a Sony Extended Universe. It would have begun with a super controversial God of War movie where Kratos is shockingly out of character, and then there'd be "Kratos vs. Nathan Drake" where everything that's not from God of War is kind of just crammed in because it's too soon after the previous Uncharted movies to reboot them and ease Drake into this new universe, but then again they could have made the prequel series on FOX part of the SEU for that purpose but they missed the opportunity there, also Sony didn't think anyone would be interested in a Heavenly Sword movie so Nariko's just kind of shoehorned in as well. Oh and let's not forget the, uh... the movie that's like Suicide Squad in this very subtle allegory I'm doing... with Margot Robbie as Fat Princess, Will Smith as Parappa the Rapper, and, most controversially, Jared Leto as Sweet Tooth.

Wait I think I got the lines between reality and my delusions and what I know are delusions but play along with anyway blurred again.

Back