Rest in Peace, Walkazo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chara said:
Here's an idea: how about you actually try to pay your respects? We can focus on that later, but now is not the time.
FunkyK38 said:
Hon, let it go. While I do have a feeling that she did do some work on next month's issue, just let it go. All of that is up to Pantaro and her family to decide if they want to go through her computer files, and I'd rather not push him to try and keep up with her work for The 'Shroom. The Core Staff is handling it.
Leonardo DiCaprio's Oscar said:
seriously, best to leave this kind of stuff until later, when we're not in grief and can deal with it properly.
Greg Universe said:
Hey, The Forum Bros., could you try being a bit more sensitive? I get your intention isn't bad but your posts are coming off that way to a lot of people who were close to Walkazo. Thanks.
Glitchy said:
TheForumBros, we haven't just lost a user, or a bureaucrat, or a Shroom Writer, we've also lost a wonderful person, and a friend and we would like to pay our respects for her.

Sorry, I'm just curious.

Anyways, hope Pantaro and her family gets their respect.

Well you can be curious all you want, but at least wait until after we've gotten over this before asking for someone to come in and replace her.

We could have a special memorial section for Walkazo on the Shroom. It could have all the community tributes to Walkazo that we've put out.

Magikrazy said:
Well you can be curious all you want, but at least wait until after we've gotten over this before asking for someone to come in and replace her.

Agree with you.
It would be very disrespectful trying to replace Walkazo.

Magikrazy said:

I don't think it's even possible to find a Bureaucrat replacement if the requirements to be one are super strict.

This is a 3rd Walkazo-less day and I'm slowly starting to accept the fact that she's dead. I'm still distraught over this, of course. but I'm recovering.

No matter how many times I think about, I am still shocked about Walkazo's death. While I may only known her for a short amount of time, I can feel that the community has lost something huge. Rest in Peace...

You know what, once I get my rotating avatar back up, I'm placing her drawing of Baby Luigi* from her Adventures of Little Mario as part of them.

*I know it's not exactly Baby Luigi but it's obviously based on him and drawn like him so I think it's him.

I'm not afraid to admit that last night this brought me to tears. I wish I could offer more than just my condolences.

I'm going to try and remember her as she was, not how she is now. Last night was the first one for me without Walkazo; I lost four hours of sleep just thinking about her, her family and us as a community.

Hopefully tonight will be less painful now that I've had a full day for it to sink in.

I am still finding it hard to believe that this has actually happened. Things just won't feel the same again without her.

Myrmidon NSY said:
I am still finding it hard to believe that this has actually happened. Things just won't feel the same again without her.

I know. We all do feel that way on here.

After a 2 week hiatus from here I was shocked when I saw this, I wish it was a nightmare or joke. Walkazo was a good bureaucrat and friend to most, R.I.P, may God bless you and your soul. And to Pantaro and your family, I am deeply sorry for the loss. :'(

This is quite literally (and probably) the only time the entire Mario Wiki and Mario Boards has ever been in an heartbroken grief streaking mode/state/mood. For a user, a visionary, an admin, a bureaucrat, a fanfic author, and a photographer. This was a very special and heartbreaking loss to us all and the first major loss ever in this whole community. This was the first loss of this kind in this community's history. This community will never be the same without her anymore. This occasion was like no other in this community's history. We've never experienced anything like this before in community's before.

I can't believe March 26th, 2016 was her last full day here on this community before her untimely death on March 27th, 2016.

Both her and Gunpei Yokoi met the same fate. Both were killed in a tragic car accident.

My heart is so touched upon for a visionary, a writer, and a photographer.

She was a talented genius. She had so much potential but she accomplished A WHOLE LOT OF HER POTENTIAL. Sadly, her ultimate potential was never reached because she died young in a car accident. May her legacy live on and continue with Pantaro.

Myrmidon NSY said:
I'm actually going toward acceptance now. I think my emotional lowpoints of waves of some crying have already past, and I'm also accepting this new reality. Yeah, a lot realities I have to go through in my life. I think I'm fine now.

Speaking as somebody who's usually just kinda lurking around at this point, and never really got involved with the wiki like I did the forums, even I can't deny that Walkazo has absolutely helped to shape this community, on all fronts, and seemed to be an incredibly bright spirit.

Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened. As evidenced by this thread, so many people came to know, appreciate, and in the end, become legitimately changed as a person to some degree by Walkazo. The best thing that we can do to respect that memory is to try and do the very same to those we know. R.I.P.

Crying is encouraged if you have the urge. It's a perfectly fine and healthy coping mechanism and it will help all of us grow as people. Especially for you men: if you have the urge to cry, please don't suppress your tears. It's manly to cry, it releases chemicals that will help you cope with it and make you feel better. It'll help you become more of a person.

I'm not smiling with my face, but within myself. It's a mixture of love and melancholy for me, like a sad, teary-eyed smile. Like... seeing a rainbow in the sky after Iwata had passed away or just quietly reflecting for a long time in your garden.

I was away from the wiki for a bit, so I didn't know about this until today.

I had to reread the announcement a few times to actually comprehend that this happened. I don't have any words for this right now.

Maybe I'll think of something to say later...

It's okay, Niiue. Grieve first, then come up with something more articulate. We're all doing this together.

Wow, I don't even know this person, never really interacted, and I have no idea what she was like, yet I almost wanna cry. Seriously, only 24 years old? Why did this need to happen? I know I'm late on this, but I haven't been on in a bit. But yeah, this is just horrible. An important part of this community gone at a young age to me is just making me sad for some reason... what did she do to deserve this? I guess all I can say is Rest in Peace.

I still don't know how I feel about this, even though it's been a few days it's still so surreal to me.

I hadn't spoken to Walkazo to a while, but anytime I came back around the wiki for a couple days she'd be the first person I would message. I always loved catching up with her and seeing what she was up to. She was in the first batch of friends I made on here way back in the day, and I'd talk to her on Scribblewiki Userpedia on a daily basis. I went to her for advice on my real-life problems. I honestly still just can't believe it. A couple weeks ago I was thinking about how I should come around and talk to her and see how she's doing. Now I'm really regretting I didn't, as now I'll never be able to.

Rest in peace, Walkazo. You were a great friend, and I'm sorry for not ever showing you how much I appreciated being friends with you.

I found an obituary that's got pictures of Walkazo throughout her life. I don't want to make it public as it contains personal details, so PM me if you want to see it.

I look and I found the website of Tommy Thompson Park Bird Research Station and I found out who Walkazo was. It show her interest in birds and the time she volunteers devote to this park. Since they are personal details. Just PM me.

I would hide that link for privacy since it has her real name, and probably other personal details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back