Rest in Peace, Walkazo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean for this to sound self-serving, so forgive me if it does, but when I think of Walkazo, I think of the bureaucratic race of 2009. I remember reading the list of candidates, and thinking that she was my greatest competition for the job.

She should have been chosen then instead of me. I'm glad that error was later remedied when she became one in 2011. She served admirably for nearly five years, and had the perfect mix of professionalism and dedication that every administrator should aspire to have.

It was a pleasure to work on the same staff as Walkazo. Rest in peace.

After logging on and looking at this, my feelings are highly inexplicable due to this saddening topic.

I never got to know Walkazo that well, but i admit...Whenever i had a conversation with her and looked back at it, i just cringe at me being so ignorant at a convo with a adult and i regret that even more. As i stated earlier, i don't know Walkazo that well but my condolences go out to her family.

Rest in Peace Walkazo, or as i would always say; descansa en paz.

There's nothing I could say that hasn't already been said, but last night I read Dragon Problem start to finish and let me just say it was a wonderful comic. I'm glad we had Walkazo with us, short though it may have been. I didn't personally know her, nor did I talk to her that much, but I still felt that she was a friend of mine.

I already said something on her talk page, but I may as well say something here, too.

When I first joined the wiki, Walkazo was one of the first people I met, or at least had contact with. She seemed like a nice, smart, and kind person.

http://www.mariowiki.com/User_talk:Walkazo/Archive_16#Just_saying_hi This, I believe is the only thing I had actually said to her.

My regards to you and your family, Pantaro. May she rest in piece.

Rest in peace Walkazo.
My condolences to all of her friends, family and all of those that known her.

Thanks to help me on everything and to all your works done on the Wiki.

I know DF made the little post I made back a couple pages, but I still want to personally say something in the flesh here.

Walkazo was not someone I talked to much on this site, nor will I say that I'm affected as much as other people that definitely knew her A LOT more than I did. It's so surreal to think though that, even though we are not on this site, we still are all people that live, breath, have passions, and people that can disappear as pass before we know it. Sometimes it easy to forget that the people you talk to on here could easily go the say way that Walkazo did. We've had many moments were there are many users here that could no longer be with us. I think it really sets in stone how "alive" this place really is when this event occurred, because now it puts into perspective that people can die, even on this site.

It's disheartening to see Walkazo pass in this manner. I feel like she has done so much for this community, helping with so many administrative things, as well as talking and communicating with people on this site. Even if I didn't know her so well, I could see how much she meant to so many people, and how much people looked up to her. I looked up to her for a ton of things. From all the posts that I have read, I think it's safe to say that she really did inspire and bring out the best of us in most cases, and most of us can say that was a positive influence in our lives. I am so glad I can say that about her myself, knowing that she has inspired me for a ton of things, and always have been a great voice for giving me advice helping me improve as a person.

I hope that Pantaro's family and everyone heavily affected can grieve and be able to heal from this horrible blow, and I hope that Walkazo is in peace. I hope the community here stays strong, and I hope that we are able to grow closer. Even through the thick and the thin, through the hardships and the arguments and the times were we act like fools, I always feel like this place is a place where it's okay to go and is full of people that I honestly enjoy and would never wish to pass away. It's one of the reasons I stay on this site, even though there are many times where I could have left. I think this site has made me a better person, and I thank everyone for that, including Walkazo. Everyone here is amazing, and are some of the best people I honestly know. Walkazo was definitely one of them, and I wish this was not true.

Rest in Peace Walkazo.

Again, I must thank you all for your kind words. Many of my more recent memories of my sister aren't exactly pleasant ones, so it means a lot to me that she means a lot to all of you.

There was a pre-funeral get-together today. Family and some of Walkazo's closest IRL friends. I might have lost my only genetic sibling, but I am in no shortage of metaphorical siblings.

Truthbetold, given everything that has happened, I think I'm handling this quite well.

The Forums Bros. said:
Great. Now it's just Glowsquid on the bureaucrats list.

RIP Walkazo 1991-2016 :'(

It has been decided that Walkazo's account will retain the bureaucrat status.

Ghost Jam said:
The Forums Bros. said:

But how will Walkazo respond as a bureaucrat? We should probably hire a bureaucrat from a user who's already an sysop, like L151.

The Forums Bros. said:
Ghost Jam said:
The Forums Bros. said:

But how will Walkazo respond as a bureaucrat? We should probably hire a bureaucrat from a user who's already an sysop, like L151.

This will be addressed at a later time, please let it go for now.

Pantaro said:
Again, I must thank you all for your kind words. Many of my more recent memories of my sister aren't exactly pleasant ones, so it means a lot to me that she means a lot to all of you.

There was a pre-funeral get-together today. Family and some of Walkazo's closest IRL friends. I might have lost my only genetic sibling, but I am in no shortage of metaphorical siblings.

Truthbetold, given everything that has happened, I think I'm handling this quite well.

That's siblings, right?

I'm not on the best terms with my own, and that's definitely something I have to work on.

Thank you for letting us know what happened to her, Pantaro. If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to come to us.

I know you aren't strictly a part of MarioWiki anymore, but this community is so much more than just a bunch of nerds on the Internet. We're practically family. You're still a part of that, and I can't think of anyone here who wouldn't help you if we could.

The road ahead of you isn't an easy one. You have all of my respect and well wishes.

Ghost Jam said:
The Forums Bros. said:

That would be rather strange. I would think that if a staff member has passed away, for security reasons, that person's account would revert back to normal user status; we don't exactly want someone to hijack and abuse a deceased user's staff privileges.

The Forums Bros. said:
We should probably hire a bureaucrat from a user who's already an sysop, like L151.

Here's an idea: Maybe let people come to terms with her sudden passing first before calling for her immediate replacement.

Seriously, pay some attention to what you're saying for god's sake.

MnSG said:
Ghost Jam said:
The Forums Bros. said:

That would be rather strange. I would think that if a staff member has passed away, for security reasons, that person's account would revert back to normal user status; we don't exactly want someone to hijack and abuse a deceased user's staff privileges.

There is nothing strange about it. She has earned her positions legitimately and has done nothing to compromise her integrity or to violate her duties. There is no reason to strip her of her ranks, and her account is not a bigger security risk than any of the other staff accounts.

Her accomplishments and the promotions she received because of them are not to be voided posthumously. Period. Everything else would be a disgrace and an insult.

TFB you're being incredibly insensitive right now. The people here lost a close friend. Yes, we'll have to get back to business some time but give everyone their moment to grieve, far out.

I guess since we're on the topic I think she should be put into a special 'In Loving Memory' or 'Honourable Member' status to both honour her legacy and to not confuse anyone who isn't aware of her passing (such as a newbie who may go to her asking for help). What do you guys think?

The Forums Bros. said:
Now I wonder: Walkazo was a 'Shroom writer. Does she still have some unfinished project for the next 'Shroom edition?
Here's an idea: how about you actually try to pay your respects? We can focus on that later, but now is not the time.

The Forums Bros. said:
Now I wonder: Walkazo was a 'Shroom writer. Does she still have some unfinished project for the next 'Shroom edition?

Hon, let it go. While I do have a feeling that she did do some work on next month's issue, just let it go. All of that is up to Pantaro and her family to decide if they want to go through her computer files, and I'd rather not push him to try and keep up with her work for The 'Shroom. The Core Staff is handling it.

The Forums Bros. said:
seriously, best to leave this kind of stuff until later, when we're not in grief and can deal with it properly.

Hey, The Forum Bros., could you try being a bit more sensitive? I get your intention isn't bad but your posts are coming off that way to a lot of people who were close to Walkazo. Thanks.

TheForumBros, we haven't just lost a user, or a bureaucrat, or a Shroom Writer, we've also lost a wonderful person, and a friend and we would like to pay our respects for her.

I left the forums, yeah, but I was on the Mario Wiki for something when I heard about this and at least wanted to say something, because this was truly shocking and devastating.

I never knew you in any capacity (maybe we interacted once in the Homestuck thread but that's it), but all the same, rest in peace. You will be missed, not just as the dedicated community member and researcher you were, but also as an intelligent person who was truly engaging to talk to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back