Rest in Peace, Walkazo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm disappointed in myself for never really talking to you.

From every angle of this community, I could see your friendliness was constantly at the forefront, and I admired you for this.

Not only for that, but also for your amazing literary works. As someone who dreams of becoming a writer, reading them was (and still is) inspiring, and I'm so sorry I never found a chance to tell you how much I looked up to you.

Admittedly, I never considered anyone here dying, let alone so suddenly or with someone so glorious. Waking up to this was a nightmare I wish I could escape, yet I cannot fathom how those she knew in person will cope: my condolences go out to them, and I pray they persevere. Rest in peace, Walkazo.

This is awful news.

Whilst I rarely talked to Walkazo on a personal basis, she was always my first port of call whenever I needed help with something because of her extensive knowledge and general friendliness. I never thought I'd be this moved by the death of someone I didn't have many interactions with, but I'd be lying if I said that this hasn't saddened me, or made my lost my motivation for the rest of the day.

May you rest in peace Walkazo, in the sky with the birds we all know you cherished.

I didn't really know you too well
But the times we talked were really swell
I don't understand why you had to go
But you were fantastic to know.

One day I'll be there too
Maybe then I can speak to you
May God bless you and your soul
You helped make the community feel whole.

Thank you for everything you've done
Rhyming with you was really fun
I'm sorry I didn't do more
You were always the one to soar

You will be a part of our history
and will remain in my memory
I remember reading your posts blissfully
I'm sorry about this treachery

When you posted it made people glow
Your writing skills were amazing, so pro
I'm sure in heaven you'll put on a show
Thank you for your life, the great Walkazo

I am in a state of total shock right now.
I didn't really know you Walkazo as I don't think we ever spoke on a personal level, but you were a lovely person in the community was was genuinely kinda, nice and talented.
Its shocking to think someone from the community died at such a young age. She didn't deserve to die so young, you will be missed.

Wow... I've never experienced anything like this in all my years here. And for it to happen to someone who had such a major impact on this community and its encyclopedia is just unfathomable.

Rest in peace, Walkazo... Your dedication to this website was inspiring.

RIP Walkazo.
I'm sorry for your loss Pantaro.
I never really got to know her, I've only been active on for the past two weeks and when I read this I could'nt believe that someone from this community passed. It's just overwhelmingly sad that she's and I wish I could have gotten more time to talk and get to know her. I do recall a short conversation between us about the Sanders/bird incident at Portland; she knew about the species of birds, so I have a guess that she was keen on birds (you did say that she pursued scientific study of said creature). Nonetheless, from that point on I felt that she had a good heart and that we could possibly have a connection. Now hearing, I'm shocked. :'(

Death has to come no matter what age. It's natural for death to happen. We have to somehow cope with our and Pantaro's loss.

I just want to thank everyone who sends their prayers and their kind words. Even though she's my sister, I have the feeling you people knew her better than I ever could. It's going to be a bumpy ride for the Dalziel family, the MarioWiki, TheSpeedGamers community, and any and all parties effected by her loss.

If you ever need someone to talk to, well, that's why I made this forum account. I might already have one, but I'm not the PantaroParatroopa I was many years ago. I'm not even the PantaroP I was a few days ago.

And if you suspect I'm a fake, here's proof I'm legit.

I never got to know Walkazo that well, but I'm in absolute disbelief that she's gone now. To think that one of the most dedicated, loyal members of the community has passed away is just...horrific.

My deepest condolences go out to Pantaro and the rest of your family. Rest in peace Walkazo; you will be missed.

I know that my interactions with Walkazo have been quite limited, but it's sad whenever someone who's younger than you dies. Someone that I used to know during my school years died a couple weeks ago, but the cause of his death was drug abuse.

I just hope that I don't end up getting killed before the day I decide to leave this place for good.

Oh man what news to turn the pc on to.

Walkazo definately was one of the best writers and artists I ever got to know. While we didn't talk to each other like, at all, it was still always fun to see her stories and pictures which have been truly inspriring to many of us.

In that sense, thank you Walkazo.

May you find peace wherever you are now.

And of course, my condolences to you Pantaro, and your and Walkazo's family and friends.

This is absolute devastation. Walkazo has been perhaps one of the nicest, most helpful and active people in the Wiki community, what she has achieved here is extraordinary. Without a doubt one of the most influential users this community has had or will ever have. Thank you for what you have done. Rest in peace. My condolences go out to Walkazo's family, friends and the rest of the community who have known her so well.

Hey Pantaro.

Your sister was a wonderful person. Admitelly I don't know much about you beside the scant bits Walkazo told me about you, but I hope we can heal together.

As usual, I don't think I even slept last night because of this, despite me being pooped out on my mod that refuses to work properly for some reason. I really wanted to start crying in bed but I really couldn't, because shock pretty much still overtook any sadness I had. I had visual thoughts about her, a lot of voices in my head about her, what would happen now, what if she was still alive, how would it feel like if I was the in the same situation as her, what are the chances of this happening, that news report, still kinda denying this, etc. And yet, I never saw her on a personal level, nor physically interacted with her. I'm not sure if I even had that much personal PMs but I still viewed her as a coworker, maybe a boss actually, of MarioWiki. And not just any random coworker but someone I consider a small acquaintance to. Despite that, this left a gigantic impact on me and something to reflect on for the rest of my life. I mean, I'm pretty sure this is the first death of someone I personally consider to be closer than yet another person, internet user, or whatever.

My physical mood even showed it and I had to tell my bro how I felt, since he caught how we were feeling and I think he was shaken by how upset my twin and I were too. Ugh and this will probably impact my schoolwork too.

Pantaro, I've never contacted you but let me tell you that I loved your sister. We shared interests together on birds, and we discussed a lot about them. I told her about all the birds that occur on the West Coast, such as the Scrub Jays, Black Phoebes, Great-Tailed Grackles.....ugh the thought of her never having the opportunity to visit the West Coast to see those birds...it just hurts. She was the only other person on this wiki who knew the names of birds and not to call gulls "seagulls". She was also a great "boss" on MarioWiki and she usually has the motivation to make a truckload of edits and paragraphs under her name.

I really hope things get better for you and your family, Pantaro, because losing a sibling is probably one of the worst possible scenarios that can happen to literally anyone, especially a sibling like Walkazo...I'm also thinking about where she works as well and how they would feel. If I can travel to a funeral for Walkazo, I will do it but obviously I can't, so all I can do is offer condolences and wish you and your family luck in the future.

I'm not going to pretend I knew Walkazo. The things I know about her are few. She's been on the forums as long as I can remember, and you kind of seemed like a constant here. I know she was really nice, and she worked hard. That's not really much. I feel kind of pathetic.

But still, what I do know and what is really, really evident here is that she was such an important part of this community. A lot of people here didn't know her, either, but reading these stories, you can see all the small ways she impacted people, all the big ways she impacted people, and in between.

That's what a person is, I guess. Or at least, all we can remember a person by. I'm in no position to really say much about her, I think, and I don't know what to say either, but I do know that she will continue being an extremely important part of our community.

These are sad times. :(I never anticipated a user on any online website I became a part of would pass away. Though death is inevitable for us all. I just wasn't ready. I never really knew Walkazo, but may she rest in peace. I've been around these parts before, I know she has impacted many lives here. I must express my heartfelt condolences to Pantaro and the MarioWiki community for their loss. I know how it feels to lose a family member and a friend. :'(

I can't say I knew her well at all, because the truth is, I didn't. I do know, however, the amazing hard work and dedication she put into everything she did. She was passionate about what she believed in. She was a really helpful, kind, sweet, and patient person, which I usually see one but not the others. She impacted lots of people in good ways. I loved reading her messages and posts and seeing how amazing she really was. I did that with everyone, but I never thought a day would come where she could never make another one, even if she wanted to.

We barely interacted, Walkazo and I. I stated my interest in joining Xephyr a while back, and she PMed me saying if I decided, she would put in good word for me. I told her I didn't need to right now, but I would tell her when I did. ... I forgot to tell her when I joined, but she probably knew I did. I wish I could've gotten to know her better, there are so many things that we all wish about her, but we never truly did them because we thought we would have all the time in the world. But, we didn't.

God damn it, I miss you. We never truly interacted, but I miss you. I hope you remember all of us in the afterlife. And we will remember you.

I didn't really talk to Walkazo much as well, but seeing the grave news about her today it's just upsetting to see her go, as he was a great person who reached new heights in her life, and seeing all of it taken away by a traffic accident, it's really, really distressing to see her go, as she was a very great user to MarioWiki and she will be forever missed, and it just makes me feel distressed as well. I will miss you dearly and pray for you as well tonight, and I'll remember you and so will everyone on here certainly will.

R.IP Walkazo

RIP Walkazo. I still remember nominating you for crat all those years ago. What a loss—our thoughts are with her family.

I'm still in a lot of shock over this, and thinking about it makes me feel like I'm going to throw up. I figured that I should make another post since my previous one was so short.

I never knew Walkazo, which is something that I'll always regret. We probably interacted a few times, but it wasn't enough. I really wanted to get to know her better, because she seemed like such an amazing person. She was incredibly dedicated to what she loved, and I admired her for that. I always figured that things would stay the same, and she'd be here... It's especially jarring considering she was posted just a few days ago. I never expected anyone here to die. I don't think anyone did.

Pantaro, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what you're going through, and I wish I could do more to help. Thank you for telling us about this.

All I can think to say now is that... I'll miss you, Walkazo, and I'll never forget you. None of us will.

Rest in Peace.

It's been over half a day and I still can't figure out how to deal with this. I can't even figure out which words can express how saddened I am, or how tragic this loss is. Every message I type up falls flat of Walkazo's accomplishments in this community, and how much she meant to me as a friend.

Long time ago, Walkazo and I used to talk for hours, about so many things. The Wiki, her lavish fanfics, love for birds, a chronological timeline for Mario, music, friends, distant relatives, science, faith... It seemed like there was nothing Walkazo was afraid of talking about. She knew more obscure personal details about me and my family than probably anyone else does, online or off. Walkazo has comforted me in a number of needy times, and given me a boost in strength when facing things that scared me. She's been a significant part of my life. Many decisions I've made have been influenced by her. Even my parents were well aware of who Walkazo was and are saddened by this news -- I talked about her a lot IRL, because I admired so much about her.

She was an awesome friend. I regret not talking to her more frequently in the last 2-3 years. One of the final things I said to her was a promise to keep up regular conversation again. I never made the time to uphold that promise. The regret I feel for that now is impossible to describe. We used to talk so much, on the wiki, on Xephyr, here, on MSN... But then I just kind of drifted away. There was no reason I couldn't have taken just 10-15 minutes out of my week to see how she was doing. I wish so badly for those 10-15 minutes now; a lot could be said to her in that short window of time.

One of my last interactions with her was around a year ago. My pet dove got a serious injury in her neck (an open wound), and after I'd taken her to the vet, I asked Walkazo for help on how to keep my baby safe while she healed. Walkazo gave me a number of pointers that I stuck to. My dove is alive and well today. Even if Walkazo didn't directly save my bird, she did help me give it the proper care, and for that I'm extremely grateful. That memory, that attachment, will never escape my memory as long as my bird is alive.

She was bright, creative, and passionate about her interests and goals. Without a doubt, Walkazo was one of the most intelligent people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Her art was fascinating too. I wish I could put into words just how much she meant to me. I don't think I can ever forget what a great friend she was. I don't think this wiki can ever forget what an enormous influence she is.

Pantaro, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can not fathom how you or your family must be feeling. I'm physically ill over this myself, and she was only in my life for a fraction of the time she was in yours. This whole situation is so random and unfair.

I just wish I could've said goodbye or thanked her sincerely for everything she's done for me. I will miss her so much. I'm sorry I couldn't bring myself to say this yesterday. I didn't want to believe it was real. I still don't.

Rest in peace, Walkazo.

We weren't expecting that this would happen. But it did and that was very unexpected.

This loss was very unexpected. It was like out of nowhere. We at first had no idea that something like this would ever happen in this forum or hell even this whole community's history but it did. It threw us all off.

We truly lost a visionary. Walkazo was like to this community what Satoru Iwata was to Nintendo, and what Steve Jobs was to Apple.

But facts are facts. Life is life. We all have to get over it. Sure this community won't be the same without her. Much like how Nintendo isn't the same without Satoru Iwata.

During the last few years I lost a couple people, my dad's younger brother, my dad's mother, my younger grandfather, my great grandmother and more recently my young nephew who also died in an accident. Three of my losses were unexpected like Walkazo's but my family managed to cope with it.

I remember Walkazo being around ever since Mwuserpedia all that time ago, where I'd thought she had a very unique character design when I stumbled on her sprite sheet. It was always a bit surreal to actually be using her character in the last few comics, just because of how high-up in rank Walkazo always felt, and how her OC had become somewhat of a real relic from older days to me.

I didn't know her that well, we spoke briefly in passing on a few forum threads, and I was never much of a serious wiki editor to see first-hand her leadership and guidance skills.

But I can speak for her dedication. For someone who was pretty business oriented, and even tried to start an all-information-no-comics Userpedia, she managed to put out an extremely impressive piece of user fiction, and even did her part to complete it. That's really not an easy thing to do, and only gets harder with each issue you put out. And that's not even mentioning the sheer size of the comics, or the fact that they were all done with permanent markers, for God's sake. That's something to be looked up to for, in addition to her wiki work.

That said though, I feel obligated to say thank you for your part in maintaining the wiki as a quality source of information, since everything we have really stems from that. I'm also very grateful for your sign-ups into my Awards stories.

I hope Pantaro and everyone affected are able to find peace.

This ended up being longer than I thought it would, but there is one more thing I feel I should to say to Pantaro:

It's something that may be minor, and happened all the way back in 2007, so you might not even remember it (hopefully). You tried to sign up for a story of mine called Elemental Heroes. I don't know what happened, but I just never acknowledged your request for whatever reason, and I filled the role you asked for with someone else. Some years later, I noticed what happened, and every time your name came up, this is what came into my head.

I apologize for that, if you know what I'm talking about. If you do, just know that the story didn't come out to much anyway.

It just dawned on me that Walkazo and I live in the same city. I realize this means little now but it's unfortunate that I could have actually met her if time had permitted it and now I never will.

Rest in peace.

edit: removed for privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back