Paper Mario: Color Splash

GalacticPetey said:
Yeah, comparing games released on the GameCube to those released on 3DS isn't really fair. The sales numbers for both systems are just too far away from one another.
So, shouldn't we compare relative ownership of the each game's first few days of release and look for other trends?

youre right somebody has to do it

i watched that and his expression when the battle system is shown to be exactly like sticker star is too good

FearTear said:
Somebody should definitely mix this reaction video

with this historic scene

WHOA! That video was too perfect for me to handle... You deserve a cookie? :posh:

Can we please cut down on embedding videos?

And if you're quoting someone, will you please remove the embedded videos in the quotes too?

This is necessary to preserve my sanity.

Also, we get it, the game is a real downer. Is there anything else we'd like to discuss or are we just going to continue moaning about it?

I think it will be fun.

I'm sure the game will be fun, but I don't have very high expectations for it. I don't even love Paper Mario and I'm still very disappointed on how it turned out. Either way, I'm still going to see how it turns out. Right now, the most fun thing about it is the Paper Mario fanbase, with some screaming bloody murder on the developers.

What did you want it to be?

Sorry Soccer Mario.... :( I posted the video if some of you guys would like to discuss it and I guess another user posted two more videos that had nothing to do with what was said in the video and I guess I got carried away with quoting the comment without removing the videos...

I'm such an idiot? :(

Seven days after the reveal of the Nintendo Direct, Nintendo UK hasn't uploaded the trailer of Paper Mario: Color Splash:
https://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoUKofficial/videos
Nor has Nintendo of America:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendo/videos
And Nintendo of Japan:
https://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoJPofficial/videos

On another note, did you notice that all the attacks shown didn't have a damage number nor is an enemy HP bar to be seen, despite there being UI elements such as HP, coins and card slot in battle?
At this point I have three hypotheses:
1 (most likely): an HP bar for the enemies and the damage number has yet to be developed at this point
2 (shouldn't be likely but seeing the current trend...): the enemy HP bars and damage indicators have been removed, you can see the health of the enemies by looking how much color you drained from them
3 (wishful thinking): the bars aren't there because, like in the first two Paper Mario games, the enemies haven't been identified by the tattler, which would also mean that a tattler or at least a tattle move is present in the game

As you might have guesed, I think the first hypothesis is the most likely, as the removal of the HP bars and damge number would make battles even more complex than they were in Sticker Star (where apparently you couldn't know the defense of the enemies nor, as far as I know, the exact HP of each enemy, only the sum of their HP).

Right now, I'm very, very cautious in terms of this latest Paper Mario installment in question. I do agree, however, that Nintendo/Intelligent Systems really needs to convince me as the months forge ahead as to why I should be excited to get Paper Mario: Color Splash when the announced release week arrives.

Because as far as I'm concerned (and as some folks already stated), this is just a repeat of Paper Mario: Sticker Star gameplay wise, but with better "visuals". And the music to me sounds underwhelming when I heard it during the Nintendo Direct a few weeks back.

I doubt I can pick up Color Splash. Not to quality issues, but games up here are quite steep for a college student.

I gotta say that Color Splash, graphics-wise, looks phenomonial, and I can't wait to look at it when I get the game.

As I said with Sticker Star, I despise the game for the fact that it holds nothing in comparison to the other Paper Mario games, but it is still a decent, playable game as a Mario platformer. It's sad that the Paper Mario series has gone in this direction, and I do hope that the backlash from this game's announcement will help them at least add more stuff like in the previous installments rather than just continue to stick the name "Paper Mario" without doing anything worth earning that title.

I do think that the paint is an improvement from the stickers, though they really need to return the experience if they actually want people to invest time in the game because I seriously might just skip half the enemies since I found that to be the biggest waste of time in Sticker Star. When gameplay becomes a sidequest, that's when things need to be fixed.

I found it quite enjoyable how on YouTube, when a game is being played/talked about, it says it in the description below, and on the trialer for this, it listed it as "Paper Mario: Sticker Star". Obviously YouTube doesn't even see it differently. :P

Lapis Lazuli said:
I gotta say that Color Splash, graphics-wise, looks phenomonial, and I can't wait to look at it when I get the game.

As I said with Sticker Star, I despise the game for the fact that it holds nothing in comparison to the other Paper Mario games, but it is still a decent, playable game as a Mario platformer. It's sad that the Paper Mario series has gone in this direction, and I do hope that the backlash from this game's announcement will help them at least add more stuff like in the previous installments rather than just continue to stick the name "Paper Mario" without doing anything worth earning that title.

I do think that the paint is an improvement from the stickers, though they really need to return the experience if they actually want people to invest time in the game because I seriously might just skip half the enemies since I found that to be the biggest waste of time in Sticker Star. When gameplay becomes a sidequest, that's when things need to be fixed.

I found it quite enjoyable how on YouTube, when a game is being played/talked about, it says it in the description below, and on the trialer for this, it listed it as "Paper Mario: Sticker Star". Obviously YouTube doesn't even see it differently. :P

Or it's Nintendo saying that Color Splash is a clone of Sticker Star. :mad:

The Forums Bros. said:
Lapis Lazuli said:

Or it's Nintendo saying that Color Splash is a clone of Sticker Star. :mad:

Like how TTYD is a clone of the first game?

Color Splash could be the next iterative improvement over Sticker Star as how Thousand-Year Door (despite some steps back) was considered an improvement over Paper Mario 64. Either way, that's not saying very much, but I guess that's something.

I dunno, I think it looks leagues better than Super so thats enough for me to at least keep an eye on it.

Lapis Lazuli said:

YouTube is badly coded so I'm not surprised

Badly coded, poorly lade out, not user friendly.

Has there been any news about the game outside of just no noise or out of luck? It seems Nintendo wants this game to stay quiet after many bashed on the game. (And rightfully so!) But... Still? We don't know much about the game or story outside of maybe Bowser being involved. Hmm?

We probably won't hear much till e3.

Back