Paper Mario: Color Splash

>buying a new console so you could get new games

wow thats so 1990

GBAToad said:
that toad literally having the life drained from his body

nintendo you sick fucks
P7zEm8J.gif

:toad::shy:

The bystander effect in plain site people.

Mcmadness said:
This exemplifies why I don't like Mario's depiction in the Paper Mario games, holy crap.

Well it's a bad habit they have in general in rpgs where they just stare and let the badguys go.

You think Mario's just standing there, doing nothing, but that's not the case. You notice how he has angry eyebrows? Due to years of rigorous conditioning, it takes Mario considerable effort to display any emotion other than :mario:, so he's expending all of his available power reserves just to make his eyebrows do that.

To expect more of the man is unreasonable. He is only human.

You see Mario is actually extremely depressed by his inability to show any real emotion, he often times spends many hours staring in the mirror trying in vain to show an ounce of emotion but his face always shows the same blank stare.

Ladies and gentlemen we are dealing with somebody who is truly dead inside.

The Pyro Guy said:
Raven said:
I saw this on the Direct yesterday, and I am excited for it! I don't know why lots of people hate it already when they don't even know the details yet.
Me neither. I don't get why people get upset about games not being a rehash of TTYD, but a rehash of SS. If Sticker Star had no background Paper Mario's to compare it with, then it wouldn't receive as much universal hate.

On it's own, Colour Splash looks like a great game, and I'm buying it for definite.
Me too. :)

Midna said:
Day 2 after the reveal

the salt among paper mario fans is still very much real

We shan't be hearing the end of it for the rest of our days.

Looks exactly like deBlob which is a good thing because deBlob was the shit

Zae Eildus said:
Alucard and Zero said:
It's not as perfect as say TTYD in the gameplay but atleast it's decent and not as bad as Sticker Star though. We need that Symphony of the Night style Paper Mario (Super Paper Mario) or that original formula that was perfected with TTYD back.

spm is too trashy to compare it to the likes of sotn.

Yeah, because there is even the MMX7 inspired multidimensional 2D to 3D switching (in SPM, it's manual).

Sticker Star felt like the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow of the Paper Mario series. It butchered an awesome series. Lords of Shadow is even worse because it is a reboot. Sticker Star horrendously executed Paper Mario. But I think this may or may not be the Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate.

GalacticPetey said:
Striker Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
This exemplifies why I don't like Mario's depiction in the Paper Mario games, holy crap.
This isn't exclusive to Paper Mario. In ever game, Mario just watches Peach get captured.
Not in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. or Super Mario Sunshine or Super Mario Galaxy or even Paper Mario uno where Mario at least makes an attempt or characters surprise and ambush Mario before he could react. Here, it's full on "watch me be angry".

Striker Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
Mario's personality is meant to be that of an observer and is a huge meta joke because that's exactly what the player is doing. How can you not like that?

I should like to point out something. If you look at Nintendo of America's Nintendo Direct page for this Nintendo Direct, you'll see that everything but one title announced is represented in the highlights below and the bookmarks at the video player. That title is this title. Furthermore, on Nintendo of America's YouTube channel, the trailer for this game has not been uploaded. The only way to know the game exists through official channels is watching the entire unedited Nintendo Direct.

In short, I think Nintendo knows they fucked up and that they fucked up badly, because this is very strange behaviour from their part.

Chiaki Nanami said:
In short, I think Nintendo knows they fucked up and that they fucked up badly, because this is very strange behaviour from their part.
maybe it's because it's 'colour' and not 'color'

edit: or not, the title in the op says 'color' so idk

it would be hilarious if they were deliberately trying to avoid mentioning the game though

No, it's called Color Splash everywhere; it was even shown as that in the NoE direct. Plus, it's NoA's site and I don't think they spell it 'colour' in America, so.

I like the idea of Nintendo effectively doing what a child does when they break something expensive and try to hide it. I highly doubt that's what they're doing but it's a funny thought.

Maybe it means it won't be coming to America in the time frame that all these games are supposed to release in. Otherwise, wouldn't be the only time they fucked up something on their own site. Shovel Knight amiibo is compatible with Sm4sh kappa.

Day 3 after the Reveal.

Nintendo is preparing for the onslaught of angry fans.

Paper Mario fans will soon Team up with Metroid Fans and create a salt tsunami.

Midna said:
Day 3 after the Reveal.

Nintendo is preparing for the onslaught of angry fans.

Paper Mario fans will soon Team up with Metroid Fans and create a salt tsunami.

paper metroid federation colors?

Back