Pokémon Sun and Moon

What version of Gen 7 are you going to get?

• Sun

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Moon

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Both

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • There's going to be a gen 7?

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New starters and cover legendaries revealed)

That Awkward Dude said:
but does anybody else like Lunaala(if that's really the Moon legendary's name)? I tend to like the more feminine, majestic legendaries, so I'm gonna like Lunaala.
oVhAT9t.png

tbh, I don't particularly like either of them. This is probably the first time I'll admit that both of the cover legendaries are incredibly overdesigned. Maybe I need to see their full artworks before I pass final judgment, but I don't think I'll ever be able to like Solgaleo despite its awesome concept. Its colour palette is terrible and its head is just hard to look at and interpret.

Lunaala is definitely the better of the two for me, and I'm getting used to its design. I like its body and space wings, but the only thing I can't get my head around is how it's supposed to maneouver those big metallic(?) end bits that encapsulate its wings without stabbing itself but yeah that'll probably change once I can see it in action.

tl;dr space bat is better than sun lion but I don't really like either of them atm

edit:
Time for Bad Rowlet™
4ce.gif

rowlet_and_bulbaaur_by_moxie2d-da23cfl.jpg
someone get 2257 in here

So far, I'd only really consider the grass one, but I'll have to wait and see their evolutions to make a final decision.

EDIT:

Oh, it turns out there's like a whole page of posts I didn't see.

EDIT2:

TWO pages. Jesus.

i_love_to_rowlet_by_kingkaijuice-da24ajy.png

also very happy to see Game Freak featuring so many black characters now. It's really cool to see.

Doctor Kirby said:
I'm not too pleased with Popplio having a clown nose.

To be honest, the nose isn't the problem for me. What ruins it for me is how the snout looks like it's not really attached to the head (it looks more like a party hat glued onto the face than a natural body part). and also the mouth doesn't really make sense. Like, that's a type of mouth you attach to a relatively flat face, not a snout that's jutting out like that.

Actually, hold on. Let me try something.

7kA3eJG.png

Hmm... This design is actually pretty annoying to work with.

tumblr_o6zyuoCAVi1rqaqzyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_o708aj6QP91v6vwtxo1_400.png

HN4oiky.jpg

welp

i know what i'm naming mine now

epfjKiZ.gif

also some people are speculating that the three starters will be circus-themed
rowlet - ringmaster OR knife thrower
litten - firebreather/circus tiger
popplio - clown (wow!!!)

Dr. Alphys said:
Doctor Kirby said:

To be honest, the nose isn't the problem for me. What ruins it for me is how the snout looks like it's not really attached to the head (it looks more like a party hat glued onto the face than a natural body part). and also the mouth doesn't really make sense. Like, that's a type of mouth you attach to a relatively flat face, not a snout that's jutting out like that.

7kA3eJG.png

If the speculation is to be believed, the starters are themed after circus performers. So Rowlet is the ringmaster, Litten the lion/tiger that jumps through flaming hoops, and Popplio the clown/sea lion, so I think the party hat-shaped nose was intentional. It's all just speculation though and people are probably reading too much into it, but I think it's interesting.

edit: oh gbatoad beat me to it

CiGk3DfUgAEERHi.jpg

Oboro said:
edit: oh gbatoad beat me to it
soz

here's a gallery of final evo concepts that match that theme btw
i especially like litten's but I doubt it'll even remotely resemble that

Fuck, I'm going to end up getting these just because of Rowlet. Why did this happen? Stop, Game Freak. Just stop it already.

This is kind of a silly question, but is there an official pronunciation of Rowlet yet, or what do you guys say? I think Litten and Popplio are pretty straightforward, but I don't know if Rowlet is pronounced as like "RO-let" (with ro being liked the word row) or like "ROWL-et", so it sounds like owl but with an R, kind of similar to "wow".

Well, an owlet is a baby owl, so I just put an 'R' in front of it and there you go.

It is?

FFFFFFFFF

[me=Packy]crawls back into his corner[/me]

Chiaki Nanami said:
Fuck, I'm going to end up getting these just because of Rowlet. Why did this happen? Stop, Game Freak. Just stop it already.
i am currently being held captive by gamefreak inc and have been told to post these rowlet images for the explicit purpose of selling a copy of these games to you help me i haven't seen my family in w

aUQh1A8.jpg

Dr. Alphys said:
Doctor Kirby said:

7kA3eJG.png

tumblr_o6zl7cWbZX1qzh9h5o1_540.png

tumblr_o6zl7cWbZX1qzh9h5o2_540.png

I love Rowlet, and totally getting it, but I feel like 80% of the fanbase is getting it as well.

As for the others, I don't care for the sea lion yet, but that fire starter is lit af.

...I'll go now.

im bored
let's speculate because video game forum

1. What Pokemon designs do you want to see in Sun/Moon?
2. What Mega-Evolutions do you want to see in Sun/Moon?
3. What Gym Types would you like to see in Sun/Moon?

1. Mantis Shrimp - Water/Fighting - i need this
Sea Urchin - Water/Psychic or Water/Steel - could be the new Starmie, I'd love it if they didn't give it any visible eyes (or even made its mouth one big eye instead), would be freaky and cool
Tiki God thing - Grass/Fire or Grass/Ghost - the Strange Souvenir item supposedly resembles a Pokemon, and I want a haunted tiki mask thing
Pineapple - don't tell me you wouldnt want it
just more volcano pokemon - volcanoes are gr8 but volcanion a shit, we're in Literal Hawaii so there's no excuse

not necessarily related to the island theme but
plague doctor side-evo for spritzee - poison/fairy - sad spritzee didn't evolve into this in the first place

2. honestly I'll just be listing the pokemon I like that don't have a mega
Mega Galvantula - pls
Mega Bisharp - pls
Mega Flygon - NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN BUT
Mega Porygon-Z - there was speculation that Porygon Z would receive a 'patch' that would fix its glitches, I love that idea.
Megas for johto starters - next starter trio that deserves them imo

3. hoping for steel, dragon, poison, ghost, dark and fire gyms, but I doubt they'll all get them. hoping for flying type in the elite four because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back