The Clone Wars: General discussion on clones in the SSB series

GalacticPetey said:
SuperDoom said:
Baby Luigi said:
SuperDoom said:
Mmm-hmm. Kirby and Ike are more similar in the special move category.

Ping me back the day Ike can turn into a rock, suck in people to eat them, and can wield a fiery wooden hammer.
PM me the day Ike drops his sword. The side specials are very similar, just Ike's charges.
You're really stretching. Is any horizontal, disjointed hitbox the same now?
If it remains in the hands of the fighter who unleashed it and has similar movements, pretty much.

SuperDoom said:
Baby Luigi said:
SuperDoom said:
Mmm-hmm. Kirby and Ike are more similar in the special move category.

Ping me back the day Ike can turn into a rock, suck in people to eat them, and can wield a fiery wooden hammer.
PM me the day Ike drops his sword. The side specials are very similar, just Ike's charges.

He drops his beam sword if he gets attacked.

Your really smug-sounding comebacks don't work when your argument is really idiotic to begin with and you copy my comebacks without knowing my thought processes behind it.

The fact that they both have swords is the only similarity between them. Unless you count custom moves, then they can both shoot waves with their up special.

Ike is a human (Beorc, if you want to get specific). Kirby is a pink blob.

Ike's up special can hit multiple times, Kirby's cannot.

Ike uses a sword for just about all of his moves, Kirby does not.

Kirby uses a hammer and can eat people, Ike does not.

Kirby can freaking fly! Ike cannot.

Ike wears clothes. Kirby does not (not counting copy abilities).

Ike can counter, Kirby cannot.

Ike fights for his friends. Kirby does not.

Ike is heavy, Kirby is lightweight.

Ike ages, Kirby does not.

This does not even need to be a debate at all. Anyone can see the differences between Kirby and Ike. EVEN casual players, players who play the game once in a while and have some small bits of fun, know they have completely different playstyles and aren't comparable aside from the slight similarities they share with Up + B.

If we're going to say, as SuperDoom said, "If it remains in the hands of the fighter who unleashed it and has similar movements, pretty much.", this argument can apply to any two pairs of fighters in the game. Mr. Game & Watch is a clone of Fox because they both have a projectile-related down + B. Greninja is a clone of Ness because they have a horizontal traveling projectile move. This is a completely ridiculous argument.

Just about every character has a forward tilt that has a horizontal hitbox. Ergo, everyone is a semi-clone of everyone.

GalacticPetey said:
Just about every character has a forward tilt that has a horizontal hitbox. Ergo, everyone is a semi-clone of everyone.
Special moves decide the semi-clone part. Not normal moves. (I consider Wolf to be a semi-clone of Fox.)
Baby Luigi said:
This does not even need to be a debate at all. Anyone can see the differences between Kirby and Ike. EVEN casual players, players who play the game once in a while and have some small bits of fun, know they have completely different playstyles and aren't comparable aside from the slight similarities they share with Up + B.

If we're going to say, as SuperDoom said, "If it remains in the hands of the fighter who unleashed it and has similar movements, pretty much.", this argument can apply to any two pairs of fighters in the game. Mr. Game & Watch is a clone of Fox because they both have a projectile-related down + B. Greninja is a clone of Ness because they have a horizontal traveling projectile move. This is a completely ridiculous argument.
One move does not decide the clone. Oh wait, it does, if it's equipped to the same button combo and has an incredibly similar function.

Why are you doing this.

SuperDoom said:
One move does not decide the clone. Oh wait, it does, if it's equipped to the same button combo and has an incredibly similar function.
No it doesn't. That's only one move. You'd be ignoring their other special moves, their standard moves, their speed, their abilities etc. All other clones have similar body shapes. Luigi, who's barely a clone anymore is shaped very similar to Mario, Ganondorf is similar to Captain Falcon, Falco is similar to Fox, etc. They play completely differently. Do you really think Ike's a clone when their up special just happen to be similar? And no, the Final Smash doesn't count because Kirby's Brawl Final Smash was completely different and a bunch of characters like Mii Brawler, Greninja, and probably more have Final Smashes similar to Ike's.

SuperDoom said:
GalacticPetey said:
Special moves decide the semi-clone part. Not normal moves. (I consider Wolf to be a semi-clone of Fox.)
Baby Luigi said:

You're just factually wrong. I don't know what else to tell you.

out of all of the things I could have seen when I clicked on this thread, a argument about whether or not Kirby and Ike are semi-clones was certainly one of them :sleep:

Oh god---I created a meme.
Luigi 64DD said:
SuperDoom said:
No it doesn't. That's only one move. You'd be ignoring their other special moves, their standard moves, their speed, their abilities etc. All other clones have similar body shapes. Luigi, who's barely a clone anymore is shaped very similar to Mario, Ganondorf is similar to Captain Falcon, Falco is similar to Fox, etc. They play completely differently. Do you really think Ike's a clone when their up special just happen to be similar? And no, the Final Smash doesn't count because Kirby's Brawl Final Smash was completely different and a bunch of characters like Mii Brawler, Greninja, and probably more have Final Smashes similar to Ike's.
And their side B. And Kirby can swallow Ike.

In a sense, only their down B's and neutral moves are absolutely different, and even that is debatable (hell yeah invincibility)

SuperDoom said:

One, this isn't something to be proud about.

Two, no you didn't create a meme. Memes imply that it has some sort of relevance outside of this topic, much less, this forum. You posted stupid shit. That's all you did.

Noted.

Baby Luigi said:
SuperDoom said:

One, this isn't something to be proud about.

Two, no you didn't create a meme. Memes imply that it has some sort of relevance outside of this topic, much less, this forum. You posted stupid *bleep*. That's all you did.
Ignorance is bliss.

SuperDoom said:
Luigi 64DD said:
SuperDoom said:

In a sense, only their down B's and neutral moves are absolutely different, and even that is debatable (hell yeah invincibility)
So Ike lunging forward and slashing is the same as Kirby swinging a hammer? If you're gonna argue, why don't you argue about something that actually makes the slightest bit of sense? I'm done arguing, because you're just saying nonsense at this point.

Luigi 64DD said:
SuperDoom said:
Luigi 64DD said:
SuperDoom said:

So Ike lunging forward and slashing is the same as Kirby swinging a hammer? If you're gonna argue, why don't you argue about something that actually makes the slightest bit of sense? I'm done arguing, because you're just saying nonsense at this point.
BrawlboxAnimation16_zpsa6c6bce2.gif

Looks quite a lot like Kirby's Hammer movement.

i think it would be best if we all straight up ignored superdoom from now on, he's just being unreasonably contrarian at this point

anyway back to the original topic, i dont mind clones, but i tend to use the originals a lot more mostly because almost all the time they're superior. however i am a better lucas guy than a ness guy but tbf they're not /that/ clone-y lol

For my clone preferences:
Luigi >>> Mario
Dr. Mario >> Mario
Captain Falcon >>>>> Ganondorf
Link >> Toon Link
Marth > Lucina
Pit/Dark Pit (There's literally zero differences between the two).

I've only ever played the Wii U version, and I don't own any DLC

SuperDoom said:

Not in the slightest. Kirby uses both hands (arms? stubs?), which makes his stance and swinging animation much different.

Also, this looks more like Ike's side tilt than his side special.

EDIT: Didn't see LB's post until now, so uh, will start ignoring.

I prefer Link over Toon Link as his attacks hit harder, though I prefer Roy over Marth because fire.

Alex95 said:
SuperDoom said:

Not in the slightest. Kirby uses both hands (arms? stubs?), which makes his stance and swinging animation much different.

Also, this looks more like Ike's side tilt than his side special.

EDIT: Didn't see LB's post until now, so uh, will start ignoring.

I prefer Link over Toon Link as his attacks hit harder, though I prefer Roy over Marth because fire.
I don't believe ignoring is an option.

*eh-em* Unyielding Blade and Aether Wave.

Alex95 said:
Honestly, I've always picked Toon Link over standard Link just because I like Wind Waker. With Roy, does the fire actually make much of a difference? I know his attacks hit harder, but I thought the rest of his movement didn't make up for it.

Back