If you could erase 1 character from existence who would it be?

Jokes aside , just erase Baby Rosalina.

Pink Gold Peach looks like a Goddess next to that nonsensical character.

Kersti and Pink Gold Peach can sit in a rot pile.

Swiftie_Luma said:

:pgp: has a smiley here AND a user rank, something that Baby Rosalina can't claim

Baby Luigi said:
:pgp: has a smiley here AND a user rank, something that Baby Rosalina can't claim
The definitive example that when you blatantly go full trash, you end up creating characters that ultimately reach cult status among the fanbase.

The funny thing is, Pink Gold Peach was made to give Metal Mario some company. Baby Rosalina was quite pointless though.

Baby Luigi said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

But if no one has reached the PGP rank, is it even real?

tumblr_n3fb5xJRe31s46koto1_500.gif

ルイージ said:
I'm pretty much the same way, but reversed - Luigi is my favorite character, while Mario is my second. I completely agree on your second point, by the way; I feel that Mario is extremely important to Luigi's character and vice versa, and liking one without the other is like slicing out a piece of him and saying you like the whole character.
Heh, it's hard to say that you like both because I do have a clear preference. I like the vice-versa of your preferences though, it's like we're opposites. The Mario Bros. are twins, though. Being in a twin relationship myself, I'd like Nintendo to better capture this twin relationship since it sometimes just feels like they're just older and younger brothers. On topic, yeah, makes no sense to remove either Mario or Luigi especially from a biased fangirl standpoint. ;)

MnSG said:
The funny thing is, Pink Gold Peach was made to give Metal Mario some company. Baby Rosalina was quite pointless though.
Metal Mario doesn't NEED the company, especially not according to my headcanon where Rosalina is his company.

I had no idea they made a Baby Roslina. Reminds me of the big deal people made about Baby Daisy.

I know, right? And people thought Baby Daisy was a horrendous addition. Baby Rosalina is like a BJAODN joke turned real.

Copied from my Gfaqs opinion on Why Baby Rosalina is the worst:

People would say Pink Gold Peach , but from my perspective , the fair choice here is totally Baby Rosalina.

Pink Gold Peach , while lazy , it's the prime of a filler character and even so she is ''harmless'' as she is clearly just there to have a female with the gimmick of Metal Mario and just that , not ties with Peach , not ties with anything .

Baby Rosalina , however , is the clear definition of Nintendo not caring about Rosalina ; In fact , i kinda believe that this was probably Miyamoto's idea since he has never been so nice to Rosalina and her detailed background.

Baby Rosalina , besides being as lazy as PGP since she is basically a Baby Peach clone , clearly:

1- Contradicts Rosalina established background ; instead of leaving it alone , they just had to add something nobody wanted. Rosalina was a redhead as a child , so the fact that Baby Rosalina is a straight Baby-fied Rosalina with no changes other than having shorter hair , it's just a slap in the face.

2- Baby Rosalina's voice. Ok , im super picky and annoying with Rosalina's voice , everybody knows that and i don't care ; But while Baby Rosalina sounds just ok , she sometimes sounds like the adult Rosalina , even more she has a filter in her voice while Rosalina lacks it.

How does that make any sense since:

A) As a child (and obviously as a Baby) Rosalina didn't have any source of her powers , floating abilities and she wasn't in outer space acting as a keeper of the Cosmic Observatory THEREFORE it doesn't make sense for her to Speak with echo when she was just a baby.

B) This means , that the filter represents the Rosalina from outer space aka the ADULT ROSALINA , not the young one.

So , where's the consistency????

I'll respond , there's NONE.

Conclusion:

Baby Rosalina is the worst because of the simple fact that she is a pointless lazy character that doesn't even make sense.

For Baby Daisy , it's different because she doesn't contradict anything about Daisy ; Baby Rosalina does with Rosalina however.

I know, right? You can justify Pink Gold Peach's inclusion even though it's bare-minimum bullshit which is "Metal Mario needs a lady" and "she's a pink version of a power-up from that one game. Pink Gold Peach even sounds ridiculous if you just say her name like that. She seems like a joke, but not as cruel, sick one as Baby Rosalina. I think reducing someone like Rosalina to a baby is so goddamn stupid.

I'd erase Kammy Koopa so people would stop complaining about her absence in Paper Jam.

I'd erase this character

382px-IggyNSMBU.png

Seriously , i don't care about the Koopalings but Nerdy Koopa is the worst.

He is really creepy. Have you seen him in MK8? He always has this expression in his face that creeps me out.

Everytime he is set as one of the Hardest CPU it's annoying because when i look at the back screen , he always has his mouth open and he is smiling by no reason with his eyes like this O.O

It's really creepy.

Swiftie_Luma said:
I'd erase this character

382px-IggyNSMBU.png

He is really creepy. Have you seen him in MK8? He always has this expression in his face that creeps me out.

Everytime he is set as one of the Hardest CPU it's annoying because when i look at the back screen , he always has his mouth open and he is smiling by no reason with his eyes like this O.O

It's really creepy.
The artwork you included is just one of the reasons why I'll never agree on erasing Iggy.

Swiftie_Luma said:
I'd erase this character

382px-IggyNSMBU.png

It's really creepy.

Frankly, changing Iggy's hair color from rainbow to green at least makes him a more unique Koopaling, even if he is quite crazy.

I don't really mind the koopalings, I just wish the NSMB games had different bosses.

Honestly, I can't think of anybody I'd want to completely erase. They can be annoying, but they all play their roles. Except Pink Gold Peach and Metal Mario, they're useless.

Although I wouldn't want to say I want to erase either. I think Metal Mario's cool, PGP is okay, I just wish they did more with them. What if Metal Mario was a machine-made Mario prototype by Smithy that got loose, and then he later stalked Mario through the spin-offs?

Xandalf said:
I don't really mind the koopalings, I just wish the NSMB games had different bosses.

Honestly, I can't think of anybody I'd want to completely erase. They can be annoying, but they all play their roles. Except Pink Gold Peach and Metal Mario, they're useless.

Although I wouldn't want to say I want to erase either. I think Metal Mario's cool, PGP is okay, I just wish they did more with them. What if Metal Mario was a machine-made Mario prototype by Smithy that got loose, and then he later stalked Mario through the spin-offs?

That's a good way to think about it. A lot of characters that are underutilized aren't bad characters, they're just wasted potential.
except Starlow

I could say that case for Waluigi. I don't think he's a bad character, per say, but I'm not exactly losing sleep if he's not in a spin-off, simply because there's nothing about him that really pulls me in other than his rivalry with Luigi, which isn't enough to sustain him as a character. It's not as if he doesn't have intriguing ideas behind him, too, considering he's supposed to be jealous of Mario and Luigi's fame - essentially, a twisted Luigi in some ways.

Meh Waluigi is one of my favorite punching bags so I'd hate to see him gone

Sabre said:
I totally forgot Waluigi was the main antagonist in Mario DDR.

Yeah you did forget, considering that Waluigi isn't the main antagonist of DDR

He's a catalyst sure, but once you beat him in that first boss fight (that first dance off), he doesn't appear again. Bowser is more of a main antagonist than Waluigi.

Baby Luigi said:
Meh Waluigi is one of my favorite punching bags so I'd hate to see him gone

It would be pretty neat if him being a punching bag wasn't all that he was good for, though.

ルイージ said:
I could say that case for Waluigi. I don't think he's a bad character, per say, but I'm not exactly losing sleep if he's not in a spin-off, simply because there's nothing about him that really pulls me in other than his rivalry with Luigi, which isn't enough to sustain him as a character. It's not as if he doesn't have intriguing ideas behind him, too, considering he's supposed to be jealous of Mario and Luigi's fame - essentially, a twisted Luigi in some ways.

As much as I love Waluigi, I can definitely agree they need to do more with him. At the least, do more Wario and Waluigi shenanigans. (Like the opening on one of the Mario tennises, Power I think.)

Which is precisely why Waluigi needs his own game. Or at least an appearance in a Mario game that isn't a spin-off. :/

Xandalf said:
As much as I love Waluigi, I can definitely agree they need to do more with him. At the least, do more Wario and Waluigi shenanigans. (Like the opening on one of the Mario tennises, Power I think.)

Which is precisely why Waluigi needs his own game. Or at least an appearance in a Mario game that isn't a spin-off. :/

I mean, Mario, Luigi, and Wario have their own games, so why not Waluigi, right?

Pretty much. Mario practically owns the entire franchise, Luigi's in nearly every game and has a mini-series, and Wario basically has his own series, same with Yoshi and Donkey Kong, and Waluigi can't even escape the spin-offs?

Xandalf said:
Pretty much. Mario practically owns the entire franchise, Luigi's in nearly every game and has a mini-series, and Wario basically has his own series, same with Yoshi and Donkey Kong, and Waluigi can't even escape the spin-offs?
The same could be said for Daisy, that was actually introduced earlier in a platform game that wasn't really a spin-off (or at least now Nintendo doesn't consider it so), but maybe it's better not to open that can of worms...

Back