Voice actors that you think that should get a chance to voice a Mario character

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
This thread is about voice actors that you think that should get a chance to voice a Mario character.

This is not a continuation of my Peach needs a new voice/ Peach being voiced by Rica Matsumoto nonsense thread. That was from my noob days.

Anyways without further ado here is my list.

#1 on my list is Robert Belgrade (a.k.a the voice of Alucard in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night PS1 original, and Signas in Mega Man X7) .

220px-BelgradeTabla.jpg

I think he could be a great voice actor for Lubba. If there was another Mario game after Sunshine that has full length dialogue, it would fit his personality.

Here is an example of his voice work:

#2 on my list is Lenne Hardt (a.k.a the voice of Axl in Mega Man X7 and Digi-Boy in F-Zero GX)
lenne-hardt.jpg

She has got such a great voice. I think she can be a great voice actress for Daisy. It makes her sound more mature than Deanna Mustard could ever do.

and

#3 on my list is Showtaro Morikubo
latest

This guy is a genius. I think he could be an amazing Bowser. He's got a pretty strong voice. He can even sing in English. He is extremely fluent in English. He could provide some amazing roars.

gilbert gottfried

If there's ever a Mario game where the Bros meet their past selves, I'd like to see Boone and Rosato reprise their roles.

Also Atkin because King Koopa would be there too.

Uniju said:
gilbert gottfried

This got me to look up Gilbert Gottfried's voice acting, and amusingly, he did some video game character impressions. One of the characters he voiced is Mario, although I wished he recited the line "It's a me, Mario!" instead of Mario jumping.

With that into account, him voicing Waluigi would be quite a match.

Thanks for reading.

mario and luigi voced by steve blum and nolan north

Morgan Freeman: "Wouldn't it be funny if Bowser's parents were dead? Tearing apart a beautiful relationship is always fun!"

What would a voice actor even add to the series, anyways? It's not exactly like we're producing Shakespeare here, and even in the more plot-heavy games, all the voices are short bytes of laughs, grunts, or gibberish. You could get developers on their off-time to provide the clips and nobody would notice.

Well if they ever decide to have fully-voiced clips like Sunshine, having good voice actors could avoid horrors like Bowser's surfer dude voice. On that note, I've always thought that Christopher Heyerdahl would be a great Bowser: he can do actual dialogue in the same growling timber as the SFX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-3sg9570pE&t=12m30s

(starts at 12 minutes, 30 seconds)

Besides that, I say Charles Martinet should always be Mario, Luigi and his other regular characters. Don't fix what ain't broken.

Is anyone fine with Robert Belgrade as Lubba?

If Super Mario Galaxy 3 has full length dialogue like Sunshine, he could easily quite capture Lubba's personality.

Female Scout said:

Do I count? I could be Daisy or something.

For that, you need to have a voice acting career.

Time Turner said:
You could get developers on their off-time to provide the clips and nobody would notice.

fun fax: every Warioware character except wario himself are "voiced" by random Treehouse employees.

Time Turner said:
What would a voice actor even add to the series, anyways? It's not exactly like we're producing Shakespeare here, and even in the more plot-heavy games, all the voices are short bytes of laughs, grunts, or gibberish. You could get developers on their off-time to provide the clips and nobody would notice.
Maybe people would like Mario better if he started flying for you and making Life Alert references.

Also, speaking of Shakespeare: fun fax: Charles Martinet was a Shakespearean actor and based his Mario voice off Gremio from The Taming of the Shrew.

Andrew Sabiston as Yoshi

Dr. Mario said:
Also, speaking of Shakespeare: fun fax: Charles Martinet was a Shakespearean actor and based his Mario voice off Gremio from The Taming of the Shrew.

That's interesting. What's the source?

http://www.gooddealgames.com/interviews/int_Charles_Martinet.html

Thanks! That's going on the twitter feed.

Lenne Hardt as Daisy is going to be awesome.

Isn't it?

She can make Daisy sound more mature than Peach.

If there is a Mario anime, that guy who did Amuro Ray in the Japanese Gundam anime should do Mario.

I'd be interested to hear Jim Cummings do Bowser.

I think Showtaro Morikubo could fit Bowser's characteristics pretty well.

Back