Voice actors that you think that should get a chance to voice a Mario character

I think if there was an adult Bowser Jr., Showtaro Morikubo or Ryotaro Okiayu would be a great choice for Bowser Jr when he's an adult.

if we're allowed to just throw shit at the wall, I think Bernard Ehard could've made a great Bowser. if he wasn't dead

infact, wasn't peter cullen mario's first VA? let's imagine a cast list for a mario show using the 80's G.I. Joe/Transformers actors

Glowsquid said:
if we're allowed to just throw shit at the wall, I think Bernard Ehard could've made a great Bowser. if he wasn't dead

infact, wasn't peter cullen mario's first VA? let's imagine a cast list for a mario show using the 80's G.I. Joe/Transformers actors
Frank Welker as Luigi?

Glowsquid said:

oh wow he was (Saturday_Supercade#Voices)

(first line at ~2:00) that doesn't sound nearly as impressive as i thought it'd be

I'd keep the core voice cast of Charles Martinet, Sam Kelly, Laura Faye Smith and Kenny James. Additional voices? Go wild.

YoshiCookie said:
I'd keep the core voice cast of Charles Martinet, Sam Kelly, Laura Faye Smith and Kenny James. Additional voices? Go wild.

Sam Kelly can remain to be Toad, but Veronica Taylor or Andrea Libman can take on her role of Peach. As for Daisy, Deanna Mustard can be replaced with Lenne Hardt. It'll be much better for her and it makes her much more mature because Deanna Mustard doesn't fit Daisy's personality and Lenne Hardt does. But Kenny James and Scott Burns can have their roles being taken over by Showtaro Morikubo or Ryotoro Okiayu.

If for any reason Martinet didn't want to do Toadsworth anymore, Joe Alaskey would be a good choice.

Wayne Doster can also have his role in a Mario game for voicing a Mario character. He is a general manager for JK Talents in Japan.

actor_2308.jpg

Wow, you guys actually made legit as heck suggestions for Daisy, I'm impressed. Grey DeLisle as I grew up with her, does she prefer Griffin professionally or just in her everyday life? Well, she can definitely do a tomboy. And Lenne Hardt! Be still my beating heart as Anna Williams pulls it out and steps on it, that's a great suggestion, too! Though Daisy is supposed to be young, so I don't know it'd be that fitting aside from how tough she can sound.

I would prefer Lenne Hardt greatly as Daisy.

I hope Nintendo would listen to our suggestions.

I could imagine that Robert Belgrade can also do a great job at voicing the announcers for a Mario sports game. He would be also much more appropriate for Lubba than Dex Manley in the next Super Mario Galaxy game if there ever will be one.

Here is another thing:

Kimberly Forsythe could make an excellent Rosalina in the next Super Mario Galaxy game if it has full length dialogue.

If there are more awesome characters added in then, Yuri Lowenthal and Jack Merluzzi would make nice additions as well.

Here is an example of Kimberly Forsythe's voice over work.

For those who don't like Laura Faye Smith as Rosalina, I think Kim Forsythe could make an excellent replacement of Laura Faye Smith as Rosalina.

Ehh i dont think any of the mainstream actors should voice a Mario character.

There's a reason why Sonic characters (example) do have mainstream voice actors as the characters ; they actually speak from time to time in full sentences etc...

Mario characters make mostly sounds , with a couple of words here and there so it would be a bit of a waste to hire a super experienced mainstream (ie) like Laura Bailey as let's say Princess Daisy.

It just doesn't make sense.

Besides the fact , that the people behind most of the characters have been voicing them for more than a decade. This includes:

Charles Martinet , Deanna Mustard , Kenny James and Kazumi Totaka.

Caety and Sam Kelly don't have a decade yet as their respective roles ; Yet Sam emulates Jen Taylor perfectly so it feels like Peach sounds the same since 1999.

i wouldn't even count Laura Faye Smith as ''core cast'' yet since she doesn't even have 5 years as her character , with Rosalina's voice being a constant flip flop.

All in all , these people are severely underrated yet they still have a very distinct tone that adds personality to their characters from more than a generation (this is for the classic characters like Mario , Peach , Daisy , Yoshi etc) and shouldn't be replaced at all.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Ehh i dont think any of the mainstream actors should voice a Mario character.

There's a reason why Sonic characters (example) do have mainstream voice actors as the characters ; they actually speak from time to time in full sentences etc...

Mario characters make mostly sounds , with a couple of words here and there so it would be a bit of a waste to hire a super experienced mainstream (ie) like Laura Bailey as let's say Princess Daisy.

It just doesn't make sense.

Besides the fact , that the people behind most of the characters have been voicing them for more than a decade. This includes:

Charles Martinet , Deanna Mustard , Kenny James and Kazumi Totaka.

Caety and Sam Kelly don't have a decade yet as their respective roles ; Yet Sam emulates Jen Taylor perfectly so it feels like Peach sounds the same since 1999.

i wouldn't even count Laura Faye Smith as ''core cast'' yet since she doesn't even have 5 years as her character , with Rosalina's voice being a constant flip flop.

All in all , these people are severely underrated yet they still have a very distinct tone that adds personality to their characters from more than a generation (this is for the classic characters like Mario , Peach , Daisy , Yoshi etc) and shouldn't be replaced at all.

Kim Forsythe could fix Rosalina up IMO, and Chisa Yokoyama could make Peach awesome. Chisa Yokoyama has even sung in English before. She knows English like Showtaro Morikubo.

I think Jack Merluzzi could be an announcer for any Mario sports game. He has got such a great voice. Jack Merluzzi could voice a new Mario character if his voice fits the character's personality.

Who'd love to see Jeff Manning voicing some Mario characters? I think he could voice Kamek. I mean he voiced Shaft in Castlevania: SOTN (PS1 original, not Dracula X Chronicles version in where he was voiced by Tony Oliver instead) and he did the announcing voices for the original Smash Bros.

I don't know how I'd feel about well-known voice actors in Mario games, but here are some that I would love to see if they ever were to make a modern day Mario cartoon.

Luigi - Billy West
Rosalina and Daisy - Tara Strong
Wario and Waluigi - Hank Azaria
Yoshi - Eden Sher

I love how you list June Foray's main credit as Parrot from LEGO Island.

She has thousands of voice credits, Rocky the Flying Squirrel, Lucifer from Cinderella, Cindy Lou Who, Jokey Smurf, Granny from Looney Tunes, Granni Gummi, Magica de Spell, but clearly the most important role of her career was Parrot from LEGO Island.

Back