Voice actors that you think that should get a chance to voice a Mario character

Magikrazy said:
I love how you list June Foray's main credit as Parrot from LEGO Island.

She has thousands of voice credits, Rocky the Flying Squirrel, Lucifer from Cinderella, Cindy Lou Who, Jokey Smurf, Granny from Looney Tunes, Granni Gummi, Magica de Spell, but clearly the most important role of her career was Parrot from LEGO Island.
It's not her most important role, but it's the exact voice I imagine for the guards. You know... "Road block! I'm not going anywhere!"

Plus, I'm not too knowledgeable of many of her other roles. I'm so uncultured :-\

Magikrazy said:
Then I guess that explains why you didn't list Tom Kenny's credit as Spongebob.
And Jen Taylor as Princess Peach or Cortana.

Each recurring Mario character that has been around since the Nintendo 64 days has a very distinct voice as of today , so as i said before , changing that at this point would only ruin the character in my opinion. Not only that , if any of these people were to be ''replaced'' , they would most likely hire a sound alike voice actor , which again makes it useless to replace the originals.

Again the case of Peach, Jen Taylor voiced Peach with a very distinct voice since 1999. Her performance didn't exactly sounded a tad similar to Asako Kozuki or Leslie Swan , the gals that previously voiced Peach.

Since Jen sticked for several Years , Princess Peach voice became so iconic and spottable that when Jen was replaced they needed to hire a ''sound alike'' , which was Nicole Mills.

After that , they hired another , and this time 100% Perfect sound alike , which is Sam Kelly , who adds even more personality to Peach other than your cute pink blonde princess , most noticeably in Smash.

So , again , replacing these people would only mean that we will get a sound alike actor or actress.

Lastly , as for Rosalina , there's not much to ''fix'' as Laura F. Smith can easily provide a very good performance just by lowering her voice, i don't think she needs to get replaced , though if she ever was , i would love somebody mainstream or not , that aleast has a lower pitched voice , because Rosalina sounding all girly out of the blue is a big no for me

Swiftie_Luma said:
Each recurring Mario character that has been around since the Nintendo 64 days has a very distinct voice as of today , so as i said before , changing that at this point would only ruin the character in my opinion. Not only that , if any of these people were to be ''replaced'' , they would most likely hire a sound alike voice actor , which again makes it useless to replace the originals.

Again the case of Peach, Jen Taylor voiced Peach with a very distinct voice since 1999. Her performance didn't exactly sounded a tad similar to Asako Kozuki or Leslie Swan , the gals that previously voiced Peach.

Since Jen sticked for several Years , Princess Peach voice became so iconic and spottable that when Jen was replaced they needed to hire a ''sound alike'' , which was Nicole Mills.

After that , they hired another , and this time 100% Perfect sound alike , which is Sam Kelly , who adds even more personality to Peach other than your cute pink blonde princess , most noticeably in Smash.

So , again , replacing these people would only mean that we will get a sound alike actor or actress.

Lastly , as for Rosalina , there's not much to ''fix'' as Laura F. Smith can easily provide a very good performance just by lowering her voice, i don't think she needs to get replaced , though if she ever was , i would love somebody mainstream or not , that aleast has a lower pitched voice , because Rosalina sounding all girly out of the blue is a big no for me

Sam Kelly's voice isn't exactly the same as Jen's. Some parts aren't exactly the same as Jen. While Jen Taylor sounds way too high pitched at certain times. I will admit that Samantha Kelly does sound natural.

As for Rosalina, I don't think Nintendo is ever willing to hire Kerry Kane or Mercedes Rose back. But if they do, that'd be nice. But Kim Forsythe looks like a great candidate based on what I've heard from her voiceover reel.

Also for Daisy, I think she needs the likes of Lenne Hardt to voice her. I mean, Lenne Hardt's voice totally sounds tomboyish enough to match her character. I've heard her voice work for Axl in Mega Man X7 for the PS2 and her announcing voice as the Screaming Pride Lady. She sounds like she could do a better job than what Deanna Mustard could ever do.

:peach: 's voice is iconic and shouldn't be changed in my opinion. The best thing they could do is improve the voice direction and make her sound less air-headed. Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Peach all have voices that are easily recognizable and suit well for their character.
:daisy:'s voice isn't particularly good for her. Deanna Mustard makes her sound too rough and too old and IMO, unappealing. Daisy is supposed to be the youngest princess so her voice should capture the essence of that mischievous and cheeky nature tomboys often have instead of a quality of middle aged soccer moms. It should also be childish sounding enough to show her age compared to the other girls.

Rosalina's new voice sounds too much like Peach's and frankly, sucks. I don't know why Nintendo thought this was a good idea but it ruins the appeal of the character. Rosalina is the oldest (in appearance and in age) of the three so her voice should show it. Give her that motherly, deep voice again and I'm good.

superlumiella said:
:daisy: 's voice isn't particularly good for her. Deanna Mustard makes her sound too rough and too old and IMO, unappealing. Daisy is supposed to be the youngest princess so her voice should capture the essence of that mischievous and cheeky nature tomboys often have instead of a quality of middle aged soccer moms. It should also be childish sounding enough to show her age compared to the other girls.

Rosalina's new voice sounds too much like Peach's and frankly, sucks. I don't know why Nintendo thought this was a good idea but it ruins the appeal of the character. Rosalina is the oldest (in appearance and in age) of the three so her voice should show it. Give her that motherly, deep voice again and I'm good.

Do you like my idea of having Lenne Hardt as Daisy and Kimberly Forsythe as Rosalina?

Lenne Hardt is best known as the Screaming Pride Lady and she's got a nice tomboyish voice for Daisy. She voiced Axl in Mega Man X7 for the PS2 which was a horrendously awful game.

Kim Forsythe is best known for voicing Maria Renard in the PS1 original version of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (not the Dracula X Chronicles version on PSP where she was voiced by Michelle Ruff instead like she did for the rest of DXC), she had voiced a character in Shenmue or Shenmue II and a character in Tekken 4. Based on her demo reel I think Kim Forsythe's voice sounds like it could fit Rosalina. In fact I already posted her voice reel in this thread at the very top of this page for you to listen to. She might provide a deep, motherly voice.

Well, Lenne Hardt sounds too raspy and deep-voiced for Daisy. Daisy looks childish and acts childish, so a higher more immature sounding voice would work better for her.

That Kim Forsythe would sound good for Rosalina, yes.

As far as Peach is concerned I'd be fine with either Andrea Libman or Chisa Yokoyama as Peach. I think it may come out to be alright.

An even higher pitched voice for Daisy would just make others hate her even more.

Is it even possible to even go higher pitched than Deeana Mustard? That would be horrible. Most Daisy fans kind of love that woman for some reason though , so replacing her would only mean a massive backlash , as expected from Daisy supporters.

And just because Nintendo did Laura wrong in MK8 , doesn't mean she is bad at all.

She somehow still sounds older than Peach and Daisy and more down to earth . In 3D World she was having fun . but it wasn't over the top at all.

But in MK8 , they basically made everybody sound higher pitched and excited than they normally do , so the fault lies in the voice direction and what Nintendo wanted for the character in that game

They suck , not the actress or the character.

If Charles Martinet ever passes away, then anyone who is capable of imitating him could sign up. We are mortal creatures after all.

Well Martinet is only 61 and doesn't seem to have any health problems, so assuming all goes well this won't happen for a long time.

I'm sure Nintendo has some sort of backup plan, be it a new voice actor or just using archive clips as Mario doesn't talk much anyway. As for Luigi and Wario, I'm sure Julien Bardakoff and Thomas Spindler wouldn't mind reprising their roles from the first two Mario Party games.

Maybe a female can voice the Baby Bros.?

I can do a pretty good Baby Luigi impression. I like how his voice is not just a higher pitched Luigi. It sounds similar, but not quite.

I'm really curious to what type of editing they use to get Charles Martinet to sound like Baby Luigi. His, and Baby Mario's voice IS edited, just watch Charles Martinet do an impression of them, doesn't really sound like them without edits

For Martinet , i think he said somewhere that if he ever passes away , there's more than enough Material from him to have Mario speaking for a looong time even without him around.

The problem lies in characters that have significantly less voice clips than Mario , which would be Luigi , Wario , Waluigi and particulary Baby Mario and Luigi , since they have even less appearences than the other 3.

----------------------------

Also , i now often find myself believing that Nintendo miscasted Laura F. Smith as Rosalina , not because im not the 1# fan of her Rosalina but because , after Fire Emblem Fates , her ''Little boy'' voice as the Male Kanna actually is almost 100% identical to Bowser Jr.

So if Caety ever needs a replacement , it should have been Laura as i think that role would have suited her even better than Rosalina.

And when they replaced Kerri , they should have picked someone else , really.

Back