Collab: Articles for All of the Levels

I know that we're doing Super Mario Galaxy stuff now, but I couldn't resist creating the article on Baobab Bonanza, mainly because I think baobab is a funny word and I wanted an excuse to type baobab a multitude of times whilst still helping the wiki. :dk:

pfft screw you :P

For Purple Coin missions that have the Purple Coins scattered about everywhere, would it be advantageous to include images of where all Purple Coins are located? Or, would the articles read more like walkthroughs if that was included?

I'd say put them on, only because people pr'y don't like wandering around just for one purple coin

i can attest to that

Pi said:
For Purple Coin missions that have the Purple Coins scattered about everywhere, would it be advantageous to include images of where all Purple Coins are located? Or, would the articles read more like walkthroughs if that was included?
Every purple coin might be a bit overkill, but I wouldn't object to having at least some images.

Pi said:
I think we'd look too much as a strategy guide, which we're not. On the flipside, people (like me) sometimes flock to the wiki for strategy, such as Star Coin locations.

i don't understand why you'd be against that, bazooka mario. we have people uploading star coin locations and hidden block locations and what not, and we have golden banana locations as well.

As for Purple Coins though, they're like abundant, so I don't think it's a good idea to image every single location. It's not like the Blue Coins from Super Mario Sunshine anyway. We could get one image for like, a bunch of them in one spot or so.

Is Super Mario Maker part of this? I recently created a Sample Course article, if we need to create articles for them.

Now that I have a considerable amount of free time, I'd start writing up those Treasure Tracker articles (especially after it slipped out of my awful short-term memory), but I'm at my Dad's so I don't have the levels to refer to.

I'll try tomorrow.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Talk:Bob-omb_Battlefield#Article_should_be_rewritten

Walkazo said:
Besides, half the whole damn wiki is already articles that are a couple paragraphs long with a picture or two and a foreignname template - these new pages will fit right in, and actually be a lot better than the current clutter on the SMG galacy pages and whatnot. Plus it's consistent with the sidescrollers and will be better for navigation (section-linking is a pain) and funnelling in search traffic, which is why Steve made the policy in the first place - unless he reverses his decision himself, it's non-negotiable, so there's no point in making a proposal regardless of how many people complain.
The "non-negotiable" part is probably the most important bit.

Back