Collab: Articles for All of the Levels

Take an example from Template:Galaxy, maybe, except you divide the stuff into this order: first floor, basement, second floor. Stuff in the courtyard or Mario's flying thingy sun thing or the Peach room/Delfino star thing can maybe be stuffed into "other". You further arrange them by how many stars it takes to unlock them.

I dunno, I feel like a layout like Template:SMW Levels could work fine. (And for the record, I'd actually rather redesign the YI templates to be more like that, rather than use YI as a how-to for future templates: as a rule, rows are much easier to work with than columns.)

Unlike the very modular, cookie-cutter sets of galaxies found in each room/world, SM64 seems a lot more uneven in its partitioning of worlds iirc, so there'd probably be lots of empty chunks, and there's no real need to make a fancy by-row-AND-by-column template since there's not different classes of world found in every floor, afaik. But I could be remembering wrong: there isn't really a clear list of worlds-by-room around, or at least none that I could find just now.

Pi said:
A Snack of Cosmic Proportions is now up. I think we should include galleries of the planets in the 'planets visited' section instead of just a list of planets since that's more informative. What does everyone think about this?
Just want to say, I've done some proofreading and removed a nice chunk of 700 bytes of words. Feel free to look over it because my phrasing or anything like that may not be perfect either.

Dr. Mario said:
Pi said:
A Snack of Cosmic Proportions is now up. I think we should include galleries of the planets in the 'planets visited' section instead of just a list of planets since that's more informative. What does everyone think about this?
Just want to say, I've done some proofreading and removed a nice chunk of 700 bytes of words. Feel free to look over it because my phrasing or anything like that may not be perfect either.
It's way better than it was before.

Anyway, Dino Piranha Speed Run is now up. It's way shorter than the Dino Piranha (Dino Piranha (level)) article since most of the intricacies have already been covered there, so the article only gives a succinct summary of what needs to be done, but the page is open for improvement.

It'd probably be best to denote which >> is for which game in situations where they're not the same. Like here, only I still find that format a bit less than ideal. And looking at the infobox, isn't the "4/6" "Star #" input ignoring that in DS, it's actually "6/7"? So something like
Code:
4/6<sup>'''N64'''</sup> 6/7<sup>'''DS'''</sup>
should be there instead? Although that also is a bit meh in the looks department, imo...

Why would it be 4/6 & 6/7? The input's for noting what number the star corresponds to, so since Big Bob-omb on the Summit is the first mission, it's listed as "1", and so on. Since Find the 8 Red Coins is the fourth mission in SM64, and it's also the sixth mission in SM64DS, wouldn't this make more sense?

Code:
4<sup>'''N64'''</sup> 6<sup>'''DS'''</sup>

Tbh that doesn't look good, but I get what you're going for.

Time Turner said:
Why would it be 4/6 & 6/7? The input's for noting what number the star corresponds to, so since Big Bob-omb on the Summit is the first mission, it's listed as "1", and so on. Since Find the 8 Red Coins is the fourth mission in SM64, and it's also the sixth mission in SM64DS, wouldn't this make more sense?

Code:
4<sup>'''N64'''</sup> 6<sup>'''DS'''</sup>

Tbh that doesn't look good, but I get what you're going for.
Ah, I thought it meant it was 4th out of 6th, not 4 or 6. Which just emphasizes that it needs to be clearer. Perhaps this would look better:
Code:
4 (N64) 
6 (DS)
Unfortunately, line skips won't work the for level directory box (I tried), hence I went with superscripts instead (which also keeps it small enough to not be too wide fo the box).

Cahoots Is Spelled With A C said:
Maybe you didn't see Peewee Piranha's Temper Tantrum. It includes a lot of copy-pasting, so that might need to be fixed. I'll start on Storming the Sky Fleet now.
Cahoots Is Spelled With A C said:
Storming the Sky Fleet is done. I also put the Sky Station Speed Run star into it's "parent article."
A couple of things.

Make the enemies section into its own header, like so
Code:
==Enemies==

Do the same for Planets visited and Names in other languages. For Planets visited, make it a gallery and include images of each planet. This is integral since we're conjecturally naming the planets.

I'm not sure how much I like directly copy-pasting the information we already have. Please do ask before so the quality of the text can be judged. In the five pages I've written, none of them have been through copy-paste. I've always typed original material. It's good that we get it done, but the maintenance afterwards is going to be a nightmare if we don't make sure to make these articles at least sort of decent.

At the moment I'm working on Saddle Up With Yoshi, but as soon as that's done I'll try for some pictures, maintenance, and whathaveyou. Btw, how should I get pictures?

That's great! I'll be awaiting HoneyHive Galaxy though, since that's a featured article, and it probably wouldn't be at this rate.

Someone has to unfeature Honeyhive soon... maybe it'll be me.

Back