What do you want for a new Mario game?

Well anything would feel fresh if it wasn't those aforementioned themes.

So I'd like anything that's not grass, sandy desert with pyramids, jungle with poison water, etc.

hmm when i think jungle i think more dkc style but w/e

i guess mario platformers could learn a thing or two from the dkc series

weapon factory
a world based around bad weather

inside a giant mushroom

a super mario galaxy game that has star collection more like sm64 where you can generally get any star in the level no matter what star you pick on the mission select screen

I want another Peach's Castle type hubworld. The maps are fine, but I really loved walking around Peach's Castle in Super Mario 64.
Nysic said:
a super mario galaxy game
no

It's not going to make me care anymore for him. Just make me wonder why they are wasting my time with this junk.

winstein said:
An unpopular opinion, but I would at the very least like to see Daisy appear, or better yet, playable in a new Mario game. Yeah, yeah, I am sure someone will say it will never happen, but this is what I would want to see.

Thanks for reading.

I want that too. Now I hope she will be a suit in Super Mario Maker.

Cirdec said:
winstein said:
An unpopular opinion, but I would at the very least like to see Daisy appear, or better yet, playable in a new Mario game. Yeah, yeah, I am sure someone will say it will never happen, but this is what I would want to see.

Thanks for reading.

I want that too. Now I hope she will be a suit in Super Mario Maker.

I third this.

supermariofan said:
Baby Luigi said:
supermariofan said:
make Mario more human but that's just wishful thinking.

ew
Oh sorry for wanting a game that could give you an opportunity to finally care for him.

you mean wanting in slapped in romance for the hell of it?

supermariofan said:
Baby Luigi said:
supermariofan said:
make Mario more human but that's just wishful thinking.

ew
Oh sorry for wanting a game that could give you an opportunity to finally care for him.
I care for him.

Acting more realistic is fine (but he kind of does that in those comic con talk thingies), but looking more realistic is a way to make me NOT care for him.

Mario just needs to be more expressive and entertaining with his personality. SM64 is what created his bright and cheerful boundless energy self we all know about but they haven't really expanded on it since.

realism isnt gonna actually improve mario, if anything people love the franchise because it has so little realism in the first place.

Mcmadness said:
Mario just needs to be more expressive and entertaining with his personality. SM64 is what created his bright and cheerful boundless energy self we all know about but they haven't really expanded on it since.
I'd say Mario's Fundamentals is more like that, lol.

Pascal said:
realism isnt gonna actually improve mario, if anything people love the franchise because it has so little realism in the first place.
Well, realistic personalities mean more relatable and likeable personalities, and I'm all for that.

I mean, coming from a twin, I'd like to have an actual twin interaction between Mario and Luigi, not just brother-brother as it feels right now.

I wouldn't mind seeing father-son interaction between Bowser and Bowser jr.

But it would be stuff like Bowser teaching jr how to be evil.

well realistic personalities can go pretty far from what people want though

i mean sure id like to see some bigger personality impact in the series, but thats also a dangerous road.

Pascal said:
well realistic personalities can go pretty far from what people want though

i mean sure id like to see some bigger personality impact in the series, but thats also a dangerous road.
That's true. The safest way, though, is to simply add a little more to their personalities. Don't make it full blown. Treat them like children's cartoon characters, not triple AAA movie title characters.

Treat them like GOOD children's cartoon characters.

Well, duh.

Last thing we need is Mario screaming waffles for an entire episode.

Mcmadness said:
Treat them like GOOD children's cartoon characters.

yeah thats the thing though, what would good childrens cartoons be to nintendo?

Pascal said:
yeah thats the thing though, what would good childrens cartoons be?

I don't know. Any ideas?

...not really, i mean i could say past stuff sure, but i dont think that would apply in todays age...

Back