What do you want for a new Mario game?

Bowser_Jr

I am the REAL Bowser Koopa Jr.
I was searching forums for ideas on replacements (or sequels/improvements) for the NSMB series, but all I found were complaints and no game ideas. I have a the base of a game called Super Mario 2.0, although if you post a good game idea, I may try to give the idea to Nintendo. So, any good ideas?

-Bowser Jr. :bowjr:

Well visually they need to either go back to detailed sprites or go full 2.5D instead of this weird inbetween thing they got going on.

I also wouldn't mind if they brought back the non-linear map from super mario land 2

They did add the non-linear map in 3DWorld, and the "2.5D" idea was supposed to be exclusive to SPM, although I totally see where you're going with the 2.5D thing. Picture this. NSMB 2.5 featuring split screen so some players could be 2D, some could be 3D.

They should basically do what Kirby is doing (as seen in K64, RTDL, and TD)

Personally I would prefer shaded, hand-drawn-style characters on a world that has never been used before (e.g. Toad Town Rooftops).
Also, Time Turner, if you look at the Super Paper Mario pre-release notes, it states that SPM is the first ever "2.5D" video game (beacuse Mario has he power to flip).

oh I didn't mean the artstyle I meant 3D sprites/models on a 3D background

Bowser_Jr said:
Personally I would prefer shaded, hand-drawn-style characters on a world that has never been used before (e.g. Toad Town Rooftops).
Also, Time Turner, if you look at the Super Paper Mario pre-release notes, it states that SPM is the first ever "2.5D" video game (beacuse Mario has he power to flip).
Except several 2D games have 3D segments, such as the Sonic games on Genesis (barring the first one).

Stay tuned and I will post my Super Mario 2.0 character art (Mario, Luigi, Nabbit, Toad all with new look).

For the 3D Games, I think they could go any way. I personally don't want a SMG3 or a SMS2, but I wouldn't mind if those existed. As for the 2D Games, I think that they could go for a more nonlinear style, possibly similar to how SMW handled it, with Star Road and the Special Zone. (I think that's what it's called? It could just be Special World, i'm not sure.)

First, ditch the sprite tilesets. Get actual 3D models for the platforms, like what Mario's competitors have been doing for years (Donkey Kong, Kirby, etc.)

Second, have multiple playable characters. They can all play the same whatevs, I just like variety in characters outside of Mario, Green Mario, Toad #356 and Toad #781.

open world, whether it be done like sm64 or just open world like other games while still keep platforming elements and power ups.

Baby Luigi said:
First, ditch the sprite tilesets. Get actual 3D models for the platforms, like what Mario's competitors have been doing for years (Donkey Kong, Kirby, etc.)

They're not really competitors if they're from the same company.

An unpopular opinion, but I would at the very least like to see Daisy appear, or better yet, playable in a new Mario game. Yeah, yeah, I am sure someone will say it will never happen, but this is what I would want to see.

Thanks for reading.

Glitchy said:
Baby Luigi said:

They're not really competitors if they're from the same company.

Competitive as in "other" platforming games.

winstein said:
An unpopular opinion, but I would at the very least like to see Daisy appear, or better yet, playable in a new Mario game. Yeah, yeah, I am sure someone will say it will never happen, but this is what I would want to see.

Thanks for reading.

trust me, you're not the only one. I have wished for years for her to make an appearance outside spin-offs and actually be more significant then her only appearance in a weaker platformer on the gbc.

Don't have Peach be kidnapped. Have her be playable.

supermariofan said:
make Mario more human but that's just wishful thinking.

ew

Mcmadness said:
Don't have Peach be kidnapped. Have her be playable.

yesss tired of that crap already

Does anyone actually have any game ideas? :bowjr:

open world, whether it be done like sm64 or just open world like other games while still keep platforming elements and power ups.

Really would like some more varied environments outside of grassland, desert, oceans, etc. A factory area would be pretty neat.

Threek said:
Really would like some more varied environments outside of grassland, desert, oceans, etc. A factory area would be pretty neat.

granite caves, a jungle, and even high tech castles

Back