Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash

Baby Luigi said:
I never got Open's hate, aside from the roster, tbh
I don't hate it, but it just wasn't as good as I think it could have been. Just compare it to Power Tennis.

I do wonder if Power Shots will make a comeback. Mega Mushrooms are interesting, but there should probably be more than just that.

Mcmadness said:
Goomba's partner can be Koopa

I put paratroopa though

PeDaRoYs said:
CsICyvn.jpg

You know what this means...

Wait until we find out that the newcomers turn out to be the Koopalings. To avoid going overboard on characters, I have the roster input be a bit smaller.

All-Around
Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Ludwig von Koopa

Technical
Peach
Daisy
Larry Koopa
Wendy O. Koopa

Speedy
Toad
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
Iggy Koopa

Powerful
Wario
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Roy Koopa

Defensive
Waluigi
Wiggler
Dry Bowser
Morton Koopa Jr.

Tricky
Boo
Toadette
Lemmy Koopa
Rosalina

god no, not the koopalings

Baby Luigi said:
Better than a bunch of random one-off humans.

But if you ask me, it'd be more interesting they made a bunch of sports games around the same time, and then assigned only a couple Koopalings to each, so avoid cast saturation and also give them a bit more character. Plus, with multiple sorts games, they could have a feature where if you get multiple games and link them up, they share game-exclusive cast members (like DLC), so eventually you do get all the Koopalings in one game anyway, but ya gotta shill out for it. And the same could potentially be done with other characters, like babies in one game, metal folks in another, etc. - although some basic characters will automatically be in each game, obviously.

what if it's the people who were playing the super mario bros theme at the end of e3

PeDaRoYs said:
Mcmadness said:
How about Dry Bones
A paragoomba or a Shyguy

I bet that the new character if real is most likely to be female to balance the gender ratio or perhaps a "villain" who is somehow a tennis champion.

Walkazo said:
But if you ask me, it'd be more interesting they made a bunch of sports games around the same time, and then assigned only a couple Koopalings to each, so avoid cast saturation and also give them a bit more character.
Or make a game with not just 4 sports, but SEVEN SPORTS!

... and, you know where I'm heading with that.

To alibama?

yoshiking14x said:
PeDaRoYs said:
Mcmadness said:
How about Dry Bones
A paragoomba or a Shyguy

I bet that the new character if real is most likely to be female to balance the gender ratio or perhaps a "villain" who is somehow a tennis champion.
Well, it ain't Mario Kart.

Mcmadness said:
To alibama?
Huh?

submitted modified roster

how could i completely forget about waluigi much less toadette?

All-Around
Mario
Luigi
Birdo
Goomba*

Technique
Peach
Daisy
Toad
Shy Guy
Luma
Baby Luigi*

Speed
Yoshi
Koopa Troopa
Diddy Kong
Baby Mario

Power
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Wario
Petey Piranha

Tricky
Boo
Bowser Jr.
Toadette*
Nabbit*

Defense
Waluigi
Wiggler
Rosalina*
Plessie*

Mario Party Σ said:

You know, Alabama.

Cuz I have no idea where your going with that

Well, Walkazo said seven Koopalings, one per sports game. And I suggested something akin to a Mario Sports Mix sequel, but with seven sports. And one Koopaling is assigned per sport.

People would just complain about not being able to use each one for each sport.

As they say, can't please everybody.

So, let's just go with that.

Please, no Koopalings in this roster. Or at least make the roster big to mitigate the saturation.

Walkazo said:
Baby Luigi said:
Better than a bunch of random one-off humans.

But if you ask me, it'd be more interesting they made a bunch of sports games around the same time, and then assigned only a couple Koopalings to each, so avoid cast saturation and also give them a bit more character. Plus, with multiple sorts games, they could have a feature where if you get multiple games and link them up, they share game-exclusive cast members (like DLC), so eventually you do get all the Koopalings in one game anyway, but ya gotta shill out for it. And the same could potentially be done with other characters, like babies in one game, metal folks in another, etc. - although some basic characters will automatically be in each game, obviously.

That would cause more problems than it would solve.

Better just ditch the dam turtles.

Back