Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

Beyond the gameplay, which looks to be typical M&L stuff.

Oh hey, the Tower Power Pokey is there for some reason.

Have we seen any new enemies besides Biddybugs? I'm hoping they're not all just shat out from Sticker Star and dream team...

Gamefreak75 said:
Oh hey, the Tower Power Pokey is there for some reason.

Have we seen any new enemies besides Biddybugs? I'm hoping they're not all just shat out from Sticker Star and dream team...

New as in completely new or new as in didn't appear in the last game?

i haven't been paying attention to this

is it looking good or is it going to be shit

I think I'll wind up liking it more than Dream Team personally.

I have no expectations for this game. Really, I'm not sure what to expect.

Nabber said:
i haven't been paying attention to this

is it looking good or is it going to be shit
The latter seems more likely. Everytime screens and videos are shown of this game, all I see is a bunch of wasted potential.

Like what? Seeing characters that would never return suddenly shoehorned into a crossover where they'd all be shells of themselves from previous games?

I'll pass on that.

The Shadow Queen teams up with Fawful Antasma Count Bleck and Dimentio to take over the world and also Grodus but all the Paper Mario partners and Dreambert and TEC-XX and Merlon and the other Merlon save the day and they all go out for ice cream the end

And plot twist Francis wrote the whole thing

Mcmadness said:
Like what? Seeing characters that would never return suddenly shoehorned into a crossover where they'd all be shells of themselves from previous games?
I'm not saying that they have to shoehorn in every character, but I'd sure as hell like it if they showed some indication that the past three Paper Mario games mattered in some way, shape, or form, which they've done absolutely none of so far, besides acknowledging the fact that Paper Bowser's able to speak.

"It looks like Sticker Star so it's automatically crap".

Even if the game turned out to be crap, looking like Sticker Star isn't a good indicator.

Dr. Mario said:
"It looks like Sticker Star so it's automatically crap".

Even if the game turned out to be crap, looking like Sticker Star isn't a good indicator.
I have little doubt that the game is going to, at the very least, excel in the gameplay department, so that's the least of my worries. It's everything that else that concerns me. I want to look forward to this game, I'd like for it to be worth playing, I really do, but I'm just not seeing anything to be excited for.

I can see tons of missed potential here. I would love this to see various characters from each series co appearing with each other. Who wouldn't want to see Fawful and Diementio team up? But instead it seems it looks it's going to take a similar approach to Sticker Star with it's little story and unique characters, I feared it would be this way moment it got revealed and every time I see new scenes for this, I fear even more. what I find worse is the only Paper Mario Game getting referenced is Sticker Star. I thought Nintendo would of learned from the mistake Sticker Star made with this approach and reverted back to the old Paper Mario style but I'm being proved wrong.

I think Paper Jam will be a good enjoyable game but it will lack the flavour that made the other RPG's stand out because they had unique story and character's. It will be better than Sticker Star as Sticker Star had serious problems with it's gameplay as well.

Lucina said:
Who wouldn't want to see Fawful and Diementio team up?

They're both dead though

Hey guys. What if Sticker Star is a soft reboot of the franchise?

I mean, think about it.

There was quite the span in between Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star.
Iirc there was a different team working on it.
Sticker Star shared next to nothing with previous installments (I mean yeah, SPM was vastly different from the first two, but it still connected in certain ways).
It brings in several new characters to the Paper Mario franchise like Bowser Jr.
It updates the designs of the enemies (now how about an upright Bowser).
The overall feel is very different. A lot more papery, if you will.
And in this new Paper Mario-M&L crossover, there's no acknowledgement of any of the previous titles.

That's why I think Sticker Star may have started a new continuity for the Paper Mario games.

Baby Luigi said:
They're both dead though

And I have zero desire to see that. Why would they anyway? Because their the most popular antagonists from each respective series?

Magikrazy said:

that's

not a theory

5aycp4B.png

does ftg64 know about this

Magikrazy said:

I mean, think about it.

There was quite the span in between Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star.
Iirc there was a different team working on it.
Sticker Star shared next to nothing with previous installments (I mean yeah, SPM was vastly different from the first two, but it still connected in certain ways).
It brings in several new characters to the Paper Mario franchise like Bowser Jr.
It updates the designs of the enemies (now how about an upright Bowser).
The overall feel is very different. A lot more papery, if you will.
And in this new Paper Mario-M&L crossover, there's no acknowledgement of any of the previous titles.

That's why I think Sticker Star may have started a new continuity for the Paper Mario games.
I'm convinced, too, especially with Super Smash Bros. 3DS trophy pickings and that Paper Mario T-Shirt I have that's labeled as "Sticker Star", but this

Glowsquid said:
that's

not a theory

5aycp4B.png

Everything makes a little more sense now.

Would it be reasonable to still consider the first three Paper Marios to be part of the rest of the series like normal, while Sticker Star onward is its own little timeline/AU/whatever you wanna call it? :P

Back