Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

In case someone was wondering, they reorchestrated Super Bell Hill's theme. With a symphony orchestra, this time.
Among all the negative announcements, at least one good thing returned!
Also, SEGA is finally starting to discover that a story mode wouldn't be out of place in the home console version. Any chance for 2020?

Striker Mario said:
I am disappointed that I did not get addressed in the same honor my twin sister had.

Once I see Mario in there, I'm gonna get that video and take some frames and then convert it into GIF and it will be delicious.
How could I forget? At the moment it is the 3DS version, but still better than nothing...

This game is shaping up to be pretty good. I do not know if motion controls are available for each mode, but it's cool that button controls are at least available. It's a shame that Dream events are not present this time, though.

I admired how beautiful the victory celebrations look. Here are some videos:

For the most part, they are reused from Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Games, but there are a few new ones triggered through team ups with Guest characters (them being Diddy, Jet and Toad). Notably, Rouge is not used despite being in one (Volleyball). Note that other guest characters cannot possibly have team victories, because they are in single events, most notably Rosalina (Gymnastics).

Thanks for reading.

Does this mean we get to see breakdancing Weegee again?

How is that a bad thing?

Seriously what is happening lately.

Literally of the Mario cast , Mario is the only one with an actual long sentence worthy to be a 1st place quote.

The others are like ''ok'' and ''yay''

ARENT YOU GLAD YOU PLACED FIRST YOU LAZY BUM?????

God Nintendo can be so stupid nowadays...

It's especially jarring to see the Sonic characters (the characters that often do speak in sentences) also utter only "yay" or "hurray".

I thought it was interesting to hear that Sonic's cast spoke in Japanese in the Japanese version, while the Mario characters all spoke English no matter the region.

Thanks for reading.

winstein said:
I thought it was interesting to hear that Sonic's cast spoke in Japanese in the Japanese version, while the Mario characters all spoke English no matter the region.

Thanks for reading.
Truth be told, the Team Sonic characters' and even the host's voices are actually fully localized in those games since at least Sonic Generations, so in the Italian version you can hear all the Team Sonic characters speaking in Italian (look here: http://www.olympicvideogames.com/it_IT/see-the-events.html).
Nintendo simply has a different policy, but yes, I find it funny to see games in which the two different policies are juxtaposed!

Nintendo just does it logically

Their characters barely speak , why would they waste money into making them speak in different languages?

The other side is that Nintendo characters , for the most part , have a very distinct voice that makes them stay iconic.

Mario's voice is extremely special and unique to him , known by the entire world for example.

And anyway, Charles Martinet can make Mario speak Spanish if he wanted to. He did it in a Spanish commercial once.

Striker Mario said:
I am disappointed that I did not get addressed in the same honor my twin sister had.

Once I see Mario in there, I'm gonna get that video and take some frames and then convert it into GIF and it will be delicious.
There it is:

LARRY?
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Also did anybody forgot about the so called leak about Rosalina being in this game with pics of her Swimming in an event?

I just remembered that and now turns out it was a huge fake ass thing

Lmaoo , i think everybody kinda forgot about it after she was revealed.

But its fun to point in out since she is exclusive to 1 event in both versions and it doesnt involve swimming.

MK8
10478.png

M&S
15575.png
MK8
10477.png

M&S
15597.png
Man, Larry and Wendy are definitely improved over MK8... it will be interesting to see how these models compare to Ultra Smash ones.
I think the 3D models and soundtrack again are on par with the best, but there was little doubt about that.
By the way, these might be the best in-game models of Sonic & co. for the 25th anniversary, if the next Sonic game is really being released in 2017.

They look almost like the same models with better lighting

More importantly , theres also the sprites , the thing that i like the most of the rips

http://www.spriters-resource.com/wii_u/mariosonicattherio2016olympicgames/

Almost? Swiftie, plz.

w36iwrk.png

SJNh0vj.png
And that's not counting the bones.

Striker Mario said:
Almost? Swiftie, plz.

w36iwrk.png

SJNh0vj.png
And that's not counting the bones.

So what? higher poly model , such a big deal (sarcasm).

They don't look much different when it comes to the game aside from the lighting as Mario Kart 8 has really good graphics.

But as i said , im more interested in the sprites.

By the way , after so much time complaining and making this a thing , Nintendo finally credited Laura Faye Smith properly in the Wii U version of Mario and Sonic at the Rio Olympics

0ZbPdI8.png

Back