post any random Mario thought on your mind

Well, the fact that Toadette is in Wonder and there is no Super Crown/Peachette in that game makes me think that they're dropping the character altogether...

I'm really enjoying Mario Kart 64 a lot more than I used to thanks to NSO expansion pack. Playing the game online with a buddy really ups the fun factor. Once you get used to the controls and learn to drift properly, I find that the gameplay is very fun. Driving and charging mini-turbos feels more skill-based compared to like Mario Kart 8 where charging mini-turbos doesn't really take skill. Also, it feels like items play less of a factor in who wins the race. When you lose a race, it's because you made a mistake on the track and not because of item BS like getting Blue Shelled before the finish line.

Yes, the game has a lot of flaws such as:

•Wonky physics
•Insane rubberband AI
•Lakitu takes forever to pick you up from a fall compared to later games, that's something that I do appreciate from MK8
•Item distribution is kind of whack, you can get the most powerful items in 2nd...

But I'm still having fun! The race tracks are also well designed and probably some of the most fun in the series. I LOVE the Star Cup and Special Cup, but I do see the twins' point in how Yoshi Valley can be terrible because of how long it takes to recover from a fall...

I also am a fan of the game's broken shortcuts, like skipping half of Wario Stadium, skipping the hairpin turn on Yoshi Valley, and the Rainbow Road shortcut. The shortcuts from the most recent games are so boring, they're all just use a Mushroom to cut across off-road...

The newer games feel like Mario Party, which is a series that I'm not a fan of because of how luck-based the games are.

(Man, I never thought that I would like or praise Mario Kart 64...)

Last edited:
It's one thing to have poison mushrooms in Lost Levels, but it's totally an another thing to not only have hidden blocks in the worst possible spots, but also have poison mushrooms in those as well.

In Mario Strikers Charged, the team captains had emblems unique to their usual ones. What do you think the new playable characters in Battle League could have had if they did this too? Or heck, your OCs if you want.

1695872016974.png

Despite being released on relatively weak hardware for its time, and probably less graphically advanced than many of its contemporaries, I strongly believe Mario Kart 8/base game Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is one of the best-looking games of all time. I wouldn't necessarily put it above Horizon Zero Dawn or Rift Apart, but for what it's trying to achieve within hardware limitations, it's somewhere in that ballpark.

I don't know how popular or unpopular this opinion is, but I said it.

To me, lack of anti-aliasing and excessive use of bloom hurt its presentation, the bloom especially makes the game look blindingly bright.

Sweet_Sweet_Canyon_MK8_Baby_Peach.png

It's a make or break situation. If the models, textures, and environmental compositions are realised well and in harmony, a lack of anti-aliasing and a slightly-copious amount of bloom won't take away much from them--and, IMO, the latter may even improve the presentation.

But if you're a race course added in 2022-2023, it brings out all your worst aspects. The bloom in Coconut Mall stands as a most egregious example.

MK8D_BCP_Coconut_Mall.jpg

Mario Kart 8 was definitely a big step up from the dated and relatively lackluster Mario Kart Wii visuals.

cce46625b8d8367048b33dede994a5ff19c8b87e.png

In the Japanese version of Mario's Picross, unused Super Game Boy border tiles that spell out "Bros." exist. The above screenshot is a mock-up of the tiles being placed on the regular border, since they appear to have been intended to make the border read "Nintendo Super Game Boy Bros."

It is likely these went unused as the "Bros." makes little sense to be used in that game in particular, since Luigi simply does not appear in it.

I like both sets of humans. I'd like to imagine the humans in the Camelot games are a variant of them and the same species as Mario and Peach (cartoonier and stumpier, bigger eyes, etc) while the ones in New Donk City are the traditional variant usually from Earth. I do headcanon that Mushroom Kingdom and Earth countries are intrinsically linked to each other (explains why Mario Kart races are held in Earth locations and why we get Mario & Sonic events in real cities) so both are viable to portray in Mario games.

Can somebody tell me who is the guy on the first picture (yes I already finished sticker star)

Attachments

• 16979129063588374494045342814640.jpg
    16979129063588374494045342814640.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
Back