post any random Mario thought on your mind

It looks to me like one of those black-headed gulls in winter plumage. Check out black-headed gull

It seems to me they were going for a nonspecific gull, which people never really bother to specify those species because they're tough as nails to ID, given their similarish shapes and drastically different plumages during their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd years. Do not call these a "seagull" lest you risk the pedantic wrath of birders. Anyway, since this gull seems to be VERY light, I'd try to go for black-headed gull, in a nonbreeding plumage. Why? Because there are markings on the head just like this black-headed gull, and the black-headed gull has very light wings, like this one. Now, the black-headed gull is far from the only gull that has, well, a black head, as there's Bonaparte's gull and little gull. I find it weird that this one doesn't look close at all to the common herring gull, which the latter is usually the garden variety gull game developers like to put in games.

Btw the "doves" in Cloud Kingdom are just the same rock pigeons in New Donk Kingdom (I mean literally the same bird, not just the fact they use the same mesh and animations). This also applies to any other white dove you find, like release birds in wedding ceremonies (don't endorse the practice of release pigeons though, it's not safe for the birds).

Well people will call these a dove. I will call them for what they truly are: a rock pigeon with the white color morph (Columba livia domestica), which is the birb that gets released during special events, like, say, a wedding. Or any columbidae bird that look white. This is because white doves aren't their own species in the real world. Fortunately, in the world of Super Mario Odyssey, these are just wild birbs so they know how to life their life. Not so much for the released doves in real life, sadly, so don't have people use these for your wedding events, not very nice for these lovely birbs. Now, people tend to think the dove is lovely, peaceful, graceful while the pigeon is just dirty and ungainly, but you can tell them it's just a matter of color, as they're just the same birb. Don't judge a birb by the color of its feathers, and you will start to love the rock dove as we do.

Reactions: zel
yea

also i just realised its still odd that that gull is in winter plumage at all
also earlier i also kind of did some cursory research to figure out what the lizard was too and couldnt figure out what it was beyond that it was probably a gecko. and that there are geckos with horizontal stripes like that one too. but nothing beyond that
2021101920222100_c.jpg

Maybe the Ocean Kingdom is taking place in winter! I find it a little weird the developers didn't go straight for herring gull as that is, like, THE gull people like to think of when they think of "seagull".

yea

also earlier i also kind of did some cursory research to figure out what the lizard was too and couldnt figure out what it was beyond that it was probably a gecko. and that there are geckos with horizontal stripes like that one too. but nothing beyond that
2021101920222100_c.jpg

Some sort of banded gecko? It's how I listed it on the wiki, but I should probably un-pigeonhole it to a "gecko-like lizard" because it doesn't really look like a definite real world species.

i love how bowser has to steal artifacts to buy the hair driers to begin with

like why not just steal the fucking hair driers instead

Didn't this team also decide to steal a hair clip rather than more historically significant items?

Fun Fact (Round 2):
1659219011281.jpeg

As you all know, this is a piece of production art from the SMB Super Show. But what's actually intriguing is that, for some reason, official merchandise edited the picture slightly from the above image to this:

1659219221554.jpeg

Ah, they changed his expression. (Similar to whats done with the Kirby box art depending on the region).

American Mario is Hardcore.

whats he sad about
Didn't like having to look threatening to the kids.

I think that Boo's should have appeared in the original Super Mario Bros game.
I imagine some people are under mistaken impression that Boos debuted on the original but saying that they *should* appear in something is a bit of a strange request when the concept of a Boo hasn't even crossed developers' minds, or if it did, it wasn't able to be put in until next game. It's like requesting Dry Bones or Magikoopa be put in the original game.

Back