post any random Mario thought on your mind

I would pay to have Cuphead characters added to the latest Mario Kart games (8 Deluxe and Tour). I really want to play as Baroness Von Bon Bon, Sally Stageplay, and the rest of the female bosses from Cuphead in Mario Kart.

Not counting the princesses(and Pauline), who is the most fashionable Mario character? Gotta go with Bowser, dude knows how to rock a suit

Leo Luster is the correct answer.

Toad is Todd. Has to be

Yoshi probably gets some ambiguous name like Borky or Plab

why are female characters in mario (at least the ones that arent like. one offs) so boring oh my god
let me do some bbcode formatting to prove with some scattered 2d art that i overlayed that peach and rosalina have literally the exact same face
click on them to see

of course theres differences but theyre so minor and inconsistent that i think they just come down to the artwork used and their expressions

and consider the most common female characters that actually see use frequently are peach with a bunch of her clones with some minor changes (even daisy) so theyre all also Typical Human Women,... also birdo with toadette. who are both Very Pink And Very Girly. i like these both but you can see how there is just little variety and none of them are allowed to show much personality

just really think about the amount of variety here
Peach_Daisy_Rosalina_art.png
MKT_Artwork_Pauline.png
Toadette2018.png
Sticker_Birdo_%28happy%29_-_Mario_Party_Superstars.png

it is not much. it is just not much variety
prsonalities vary more than their designs do but not . that much better

this is all mostly just talking about female characters that actually get used frequently, as opposed to even dixie kong whose most recent appearances were dkctf and like mkt. her design is cretainly done better than these previous examples but still has a bit of Very Pink And Very Girly even if you know i like dixie a lot too. sure they let her be a bit chumby and run on all fours and screech like the chimp she is but it still doesnt make for much variety

And i am realising this more and more as time goes on because of my continuous angry birds brainrot and. lets be honest it actually has way better variety with female characters
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
+ a whole bunch in angry birds evolution
oh im using some one offs here too which i realised is a little unfair but you get my point
not that its perfect by any means (the angry birds movie 2 is quite bad actually with its treatment of female characters, and theres issues i can identify elsewhere) but honestly compared to mario its night and day. how does the dumb mobile game series run circles around mario in this instance
Sorry for random angry bird mention but its really just making me think about this thing with mario really hard

Yeah I take notice too (and I also get a little annoyed when people refer to creatures as "he", this includes Nintendo). My sister complains how the female characters look too, like she'd want one female character that's stubby, has a big nose, etc, and we'd like it. There's a reason she likes Toadette a lot, after all.

And it's probably a reason I got so attached to the male characters rather than the female ones in general. I don't concern TOO much about what characters I do want to use since, well, I'm too attached to Mario, but it's more noticeable in other games.

Anyway all three princesses at least are drawn with being a derivative of Peach in mind, I believe. I always thought Rosalina and Daisy were a kind of "otherworldy" Princess Peach, with Daisy in the Sarasaland place and Rosalina conveying a bit of familiarity but also distant to make her seem more mysterious. I know if that there's a female character we can drastically redesign, it should be Daisy. She's supposed to be a tomboy but that's hardly expressed in the games, so I thought, why not just exaggerate that aspect?

I don't think Peach, Rosalina, and Pauline I'd consider "boring" however and I will also dispute that Peach's personality is "boring" at least.

So anyway I did look at a bunch of female athletes like Kim Chizevsky-Nicholls and whatnot, so why not have Daisy be built like a bodybuilder. This isn't a princess you want to mess with, unless you're fond of taking the form of pretzels. I feel I could've exaggerated this more too.
hCJ8JuL.png

Also I'd probably redesign Pauline but I'm not sure, her current appearance doesn't bother me, as I don't mind diva ladies. But she doesn't seem to be much of "Mario's girlfriend", especially a lady who exists in the same plane as Mario? Peach, Daisy, Rosalina have the royalty excuse. Pauline imo should be like this common Italian-immigrant New York city lady who also struts with a big nose like Mario and has baby proportions like him. Maybe like this below.

800px-FBv3_p39.png

Well, zelen, if it makes you feel better, at least the French do think Petey Piranha is female. But then people would complain about a topless female character in a skimpy bikini.

Speaking of lack of representation, there's also no black characters to speak of. Like all characters with a skintone generally have the same skintone. Pretty funny to think about when this kingdom is populated by colorful freaks like Yoshis, Toads, Piantas, and so on. If I were to make a black character, I'd redesign Kid from the Camelot sports games to give him black skin, similar to how he looks in Mario Golf 64.

See I'd be bothered by this but then I remember the main character's brother used to look exactly like him but green.

Also we have tons of female characters that don't look anything like Peach, they just aren't major recurring characters.

And another thing, I'm all for variety but let's not try and reverse things where a female acting "girly" (for lack of a better word) is bad.

Well they're twin brothers to boot too

Certainly, but they didn't have to be. They could have made em look completely different from each other.

But they didn't and I'm perfectly ok with that.

The female distinction is also extremely apparent in their baby versions, just look at this colorless profile of them.

StampBabyPeachSmoothMK8.jpg
StampBabyDaisySmoothMK8.jpg
StampBabyRosalinaSmoothMK8.jpg

The baby bros are fine, they're twins (and even so they have visually distinct heads rather than different hairstyles). My sister and I at birth also look virtually indistinguishable, I can't even tell who is supposed to be me when I look at my own toddler pictures.

Certainly, but they didn't have to be. They could have made em look completely different from each other.

But they didn't and I'm perfectly ok with that.
Yah they didn't have to make Luigi a brother even. They could've made him Mario's boyfriend for all I care. I like Luigi BECAUSE of the visual similarity to my favorite character.

would have been sad if Luigi isn't a brother because I love the sibling love between the two

Yes, as someone who mostly likes playing as female characters in spinoffs, I dislike Mario Kart 8's roster since there's very little variety in female characters. We have:

•Three princesses and their baby counterparts.
•Toadette who is a pink Toad with pigtails, so she's not exactly unique because she's based on a character that already exists.
•PinkGold Peach has a slightly more interesting personality than regular Peach, at least.
•Wendy, who I guess is the most unique?

Birdo is probably the most fun female character to play as. She would've helped improve the quality of Mario Kart 8's roster, just like how she saved Mario Party Superstars' roster from being mediocre for me. Despite how small it is, I've realized that Peach and Birdo are all I need to be happy.

This is why I stated before that I wanted the female characters from Cuphead in Mario Kart because Mario Kart 8's roster is just so boring. Inklings, Villagers, and Isabelle feel like a breath of fresh air compared to the Mario females who are all samey. Even the female characters from Donkey Kong and WarioWare would be way more exciting than the Mario girls and I'd probably main them instead if they were to be added to Mario Kart. I'm talking about Dixie, Tiny, Mona, 5-Volt, Penny...

pink gold peach has a unique personality at all?
Speaking of lack of representation, there's also no black characters to speak of. Like all characters with a skintone generally have the same skintone.
yeah theres basically just no poc at all. the closest we get is daisy, which is............................. basically just white most of the time. maybe with a sliightly darker skintone. great. heres your entire poc representation
theres a few more in the sports games but kid had a questionable design with his lips and is still white most of the time, and . emily was whitewashed
Mark_and_Emily.PNG
200px-Emily.jpg

i cant even think of any other poc at all !
but do you see the problem. all the poc i can think of in mario are white more often than not

Peach is a low-key badass, I like that about her.
Daisy's tomboyishness flourishes in her super competitive personality.

On Daisy and skintone. I've noticed her darker skintone is right on par with the Mario brothers, but gets noticed more i guess being compared to Peach.
In actuality Peach is paler than everyone else.

Is this where I get to talk about the human characters from the old Golf and Tennis games?

I thought that the metal characters were supposed to be more cocky or arrogant than their normal counterparts, judging from their lines...I also like PinkGold Peach's trick animations and 1st place win animation better than regular Peach's since none of them involve blowing kisses.

Of course, they pretty much ruined that in Mario Sports Superstars by giving the metal characters the exact same lines and animations as Mario and Peach, just with the filter added to their voices...

Yeah, if you're virtually indestructible, I figure your confidence levels will go waaay up. You're also in the fastest, riskiest vehicles in the game. (I still headcanon that Metal Mario is more reserved than his normal counterpart however).

Is this where I get to talk about the human characters from the old Golf and Tennis games?
Spill.

Peach is a low-key badass, I like that about her.
Yeah, she's a badass but not in the whole traditional stoic manly way. But more like, she runs a kingdom with kindness, has really reserved expressions (I figure it's due to courteous royal leader upbringing and personality) loves to cook, she won' t say things that hurt people's feelings, she won't stand for injustice, and she'd stand up for her friends. She's that kind of person, who's physically weak, needs natural composure to think properly, needs to be polite, and wouldn't brute force from Bowser but charm him, play dumb and innocent, and persuade him so she can buy time to help Mario and escape.

See, the issue with Super Mario Adventures Peach is that she's WAY too aggressive, it's really out of character. She's allowed to get angry, she's allowed to express anger, and she's allowed to even yell, but it's not in that easily-set off violent manner that was shown in Super Mario Adventures.

honestly feels like sma peach shows way more personality and expressions. i get shes more reserved but normally she has like 4 expressions ever and theyre pretty subtle and thats also kinda boring to me

Back