post any random Mario thought on your mind

If the movie ends up being really bad and/or cringe the resulting memes are going to get old reeeeeeally fast...
Like most memes don't already.

Ok so brief change of subject, lately I've been trying to figure out how I'd sit in Mario Party mini games such as Cash Flow or Peel Out. And then I realized I'm probably the only person who thinks about this for themself lol.

You know this enemy from Super Mario Land 2?
Kurosu_Super_Mario_Land_2_6GC.png

Well, going off the Wiki, their name is apparently "Big Bird"
Man, Sesame Workshop is going to sue
Edit: Man. The names for all the bosses besides Tatanga and Wario are super generic
Its Japanese name is Kuroso, a portmanteau of "kuro" meaning black, and "karasu" meaning crow. It also translates to "cross" which somewhat fits its big ol eyebrows.

My fanon localized name for it is Albacross.

I'm not entirely sure its name is meant to be portmanteau of anything, but クロス is definitely Engrish for "Cross".

Panini_SMTCC_promo.jpg

New Mario trading card set by Panini Group.

Bought one small pack for the giggles and I got two gold cards with it, which I assume are utra-rares lol

Question for non-European folks: did you see these distributed anywhere over where you live?

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure its name is meant to be portmanteau of anything, but クロス is definitely Engrish for "Cross".
I'm just going off the wiki.

1650232160326.png

I'm just being reminded of kurosuke, a.k.a the "black dude"

It doesn't make much sense for Cross to be a pun on 'kuro' since he's clearly brown in his illustration. He also doesn't look much like a crow either.

All I remember about him is that he is the easiest boss in the game and easy as heck even by Mario boss standards.

What a terrible way to end.

did Birdo resign villainy
In Mario Kart Tour, she and her color variations are placed among the "bad guys" in the Drivers list. They're closely surrounded by characters like Shy Guys, Freerunning Koopas, Bowser etc.

I guess that still doesn't say much, though, considering the Kongs also oddly follow that pattern.

li'l bit of update on this: the Birdo trading card (no. 55) in the recent Panini "Mario" collection squarely labels her as an "enemy". she's listed right next to Boom Boom and the Koopalings.

Panini_SMTCC_055.jpg
Achat-055-ENEMY-CARD-Birdo-carte-a-l-unite-Panini-Dragon-Ball-Cartajouer.jpg

I have a few unanswerable Koopaling questions:

If Morton has a "Jr." in his full name, then how come his parentage was never mentioned?

Also, how come Wendy has an "O." in the middle and what does it stand for?

I doubt it stands for anything that's just what the namesake is called or something I think

Mario movie has been delayed to Spring 2023

I hope they use this time to make the movie better and release something great

Sega concluded the same thing about Eggman but it apparently hasn't stopped people from pitching fits about it anyway. 🤷‍♂️

Back