post any random Mario thought on your mind

It's more like they couldn't. Time constraints. They did have enough time for 7 Koopalings and Inklings though. Priorities.

It still boggles the mind how people consider the Koopalings as being wasted slots. I mean, before Mario Kart 8, they were never playable, so it felt like a big opportunity to give them more attention.

It's more like they were a bit of a resource sink. I figured novelty was more important than getting veterans in but novelty wears off and Koopalings don't really justify their priority over veterans in my opinion. Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach at least have an excuse of taking no time to model and rig, just need animations and a logo mostly.

Ironically, Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach can also be considered wasted slots to some people. But the reason why they're separate from Mario and Peach was because of the significant weight differences. Heck, even Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach were treated as separate characters.

Ironically, Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach can also be considered wasted slots to some people. But the reason why they're separate from Mario and Peach was because of the significant weight differences. Heck, even Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach were treated as separate characters.
Wait what's the difference between tanooki and regular Mario/Peach ?

Wait what's the difference between tanooki and regular Mario/Peach ?
In Mario Kart 8, Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach both sacrificed some weight to boost their acceleration. This means that Tanooki Mario is slightly lighter than Mario, while Cat Peach is slightly lighter than Peach.

They aren't a resource sink, like I said, they're here to pad a roster and not take up too much time making, as I do think Koopalings take more time than the metals. Metals are like clones from Smash Bros, put in when time intensive but even less resource intensive than Dr. Mario since a large diverse roster isn't really a priority for Mario Kart in general. They're treated as peripherals. Karts have more diverse stats than them by far.

Mario thought: How did they get the sea cacti in Yoshi's Story to have 12 different possible colors & 3 possible sizes while also making sure to make their positions finite & fixed but making it so their size/color is random every time they're on screen

Scratch that, he's so covered in sweat and grime, I don't think mosquitoes' proboscises can reach him

Mario's available by default in the multiplayer exhibition mode iirc so you could technically play as him from the getgo, but it's the single player modes where you need to unlock him first by beating him in a character match.

The real sticking game is the one where Mario must be unlocked in general is Mario Tennis for Game Boy, where the default starters are Baby Mario, Luigi, and Donkey Kong, of all people.

Mobile Golf is that other weirdass game with the weirdass unlock requirement with some weirdass mobile phone network that is obviously discontinued today, making a Mario game where Mario isn't at all accessible without obvious hacks and stuff.

I wish the release of the original Mario Party had been followed by distinct physical board games based on each of the boards. Buying one board game would have made the others eligible for discounts, and the six playable characters could have been available separately (my imagination has them in a set together, so maybe they're free with proof-of-purchase of the N64 game).

Mario's available by default in the multiplayer exhibition mode iirc so you could technically play as him from the getgo, but it's the single player modes where you need to unlock him first by beating him in a character match.

Or you could just do what I did and use the cheat code to unlock him and everyone else and give the whole "get character" thing the middle finger.

If only we could do the same for Smash f*cking Ultimate

Yeah, I expect the Mario Movie's trailer won't show up till near Minions 2 release to show it in front of it and that apparently won't be out till the first July so yeah, it's going to be a long wait

Back