post any random Mario thought on your mind

And guess the original name for the ruler of Mushroom Kingdom? Princess Toadstool!
TBH I think it's the fact that I've only ever heard the word 'toadstool' used in relation to Peach's old English name is the reason why I didn't make the connection until just now. I don't think I've ever seen anyone call mushrooms 'toadstools' in my life.

Reactions: zel
Fuck that noise.

I just played a bunch of hacked double dash which involves probably the most amount of Wario victims in one spot in any given game excluding modded Left 4 Dead, and so if someone can make the enemies to be a bunch of Warios, that'll be amazing

i mean they let babies drive, why cant we make them fight enemies?

Less of a question of can or can't and more "will the roster be full of other things first" if this hypothetical game existed.

It's very established that Mario loves roller coasters. There are many very clear photographs documenting Mario riding a roller coaster, which is the most evidence I can find for such a thing.
SMSQPB5_Roller_Coaster.png

Not even Luigi shows as much enthusiasm for roller coasters as Mario does!

800px-SMFPB3_Pages_5_6.png

It even bears out in Sunshine. He loves roller coasters so much, especially when used for crappy shooting minigames, he'd die after riding on one, knowing that'll be the last thing in his short life. Bowser Jr. also likes roller coasters too and loves to share his enthusiasm! Why else would he mess with Pinna Park and force Mario to ride a roller coaster?

800px-Roller_Coaster_Balloons.png

But Mario's and Bowser Jr.'s love for these rides may be matched only by the speed Wario and Donkey Kong have when trying to race a roller coaster! They can even run through loop-de-loops which would impress even the most jaded of blue hedgehogs.

800px-Toad%27sMidwayMadness4.png

But we all know Donkey Kong's true love: the Ferris Wheel. He'll always have fond memories of that one, even if he doesn't ride them quite appropriately and he's getting pelted by toys that have their battle cry for "pwning teh n00bz".

MvsDKFinalBattle.png

Wiggler would like roller coasters. Wiggler would love to BE the roller coaster, as shown in Mario Super Sluggers and Mario Party 6's Slot Trot minigame. Wiggler also doesn't mind being part of a merry-go-round, in Mario Party 6's Stage Fright minigame.

Wendy probably likes roller coasters too!

Bowser would probably like bumper cars because he can dominate the arena and loves to fender bender every car he finds. But if Bowser can get his hands on it, he'd certainly be on-board to design roller coasters of fun and doom like in Planet Coaster. Bowser has had quite enough of those flying spinning spaceship rides, though, it reminds him too much of the times Mario tossed him around in Super Mario 64.
800px-SMSQPB5_Bowser_Defeated.png

Wario's really bad at bumper-like games. Like, REALLY BAD. You'd think his healthy weight would give him more muscle and resistance to getting shoved, but, alas, no, he just ends up falling off all the darn time.

Bumper_Thumper.png

799px-Bumper_to_bumper.png

Top100BumperBalls.png

Icy_Bumper_Balls_2.png

MP2_Island_Bumper_Balls.png

BumperBalloonCars2MP2.png

Peach will love the Tunnel of Love. It's a nice place to relax and it has a lot of hearts there. Maybe her castle should have tunnels like this... Peach also likes spinning tea cups because it reminds her of her own nice tea sets. Make sure Waluigi doesn't flatten them first, as Waluigi is a secret lover of these tea cups too. Why else would he be saying "TEA TIME!" when you choose him in Toadstool Tour?

800px-Toad%27sMidwayMadness6.png

Yoshi, with his love for launching warp spaces from Mario Party 4, will definitely go bungee jumping. He can impress people with his flutter jump. Not much people can do this while bungee jumping. Yoshi can even hip drop while bungee jumping which will only make the flutter jumps even more impressive.

400px-Yoshi_MP4.png

You'd think Blooper would want to do some fish in the barrel, but you'll see it instead winning at some Flipping Chimp minigame. It's really good at the game, hence the triumphant screenshot, but the problem is, no one else wants to play with it!

800px-ChimpResults.png

Luigi is totally on-board with anything involving Pogo sticks. He's quite good with Pogo sticks and expertly used them in the famous International Mushroom Games (didn't win). He challenges people to see if they can outmatch his pogo abilities all the time
Top100Pogo-a-Go-Go.png

They usually lose. That Dry Bones was so close, though!
Pogo-a-Go-Go_ending.png

Luigi also climbs the Challenge Tower every day. Every Mushroom Kingdom must have one of these so visitors can see Luigi bravely tackling this death tower. If you see the Challenge Tower in a theme park, you can bet your Goomba stompin' boots he's on there, sitting and thinking to not get electrocuted and fall the long way down.
MPSR_-_ChallengeTower.jpg

I dunno what Daisy really likes. I can imagine her going on those tall swirly chair rides and for every 360 rotation that happens, she can yell Hi, I'm Daisy! Just imagine the amount of times she'll yell this! Daisy should try the Tilt-A-Hurl, we'll see how many times she can go Hi I'm Daisy before people lose their lunch from listening to her.

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi and Baby Peach like all sorts of theme park rides and even have their own theme park (comes with Challenge Tower too!). It's made by sadists. No adult has ever made it out alive because they'll be reduce to blubbering infants after having tried the infamous mini-nascar race which is really just a sort of psychological stress test.

BabyParkLogo-MKDD.png

800px-MK8-DLC-Course-GCN_BabyPark01.jpg

Who honestly knows what Toad likes? I keep asking him but I keep getting wildly different answers. It's almost as if there's many Toads that look all the same, huh!

I've seen Boos and Shy Guys loving the Mirror Houses a lot. Maybe it's just hard to navigate here and Shy Guys are allured by the weird mirrors. Boos are certainly ripe for making funny faces against a piece of glass though.

was readin through the stories in the manuals for snes dkcs and it proved that dixie kicks ass and might be the best kong
unknown.png

also lemme note how like. diddy was kinda roped into going on an adventure back in dkc1 but dixie decided to join out of her own will entirely and i love that
(also sorry my f*minism is showing)

I think the challenge is just right for a Mario game, but if I were to crank up the difficulty, I'd look at how other platformers manage to make difficult titles, such as some segments in the Rayman games (like land of the livid dead from origins). I've also heard Donkey Kong Country can get challenging too...? Also, maybe tie in some difficult 100% things such as how Kirby titles potentially did it. Not Yoshi though, I don't like Yoshi's Island collectathon's aspect.

I understand why it took so long for Nintendo to implement voice chat into their bigger titles, but they should have at least given the option.

So like what exactly is the Mario Madness on the cover for Super Mario Bros. 2 supposed to be exactly? A tagline for the game? A failed subtitle that no one paid attention to because the game was always marketed as either Super Mario Bros. 2 or even just Super Mario 2 and not Super Mario Bros. 2: Mario Madness?

Am I overthinking this? Yes.

Back