post any random Mario thought on your mind

Rosalina says her name in Mario Kart 8 when you unlock her.

Does anyone ever have the impression that the following BGM track could go well with courses that use elements that are in sync with the music?

I'm honestly sick of Nintendo making brand new "characters" that are just existing ones with different textures, and making them separate characters in spinoffs so they don't have to put effort into actual distinct models. It's at least passable when the "character" has a different personality and/or a role in a canon game, but otherwise it's just cringeworthy.

Yes, PGP in Mario Sports Superstars is why I'm bringing this up

Fresh Bowser said:
I'm honestly sick of Nintendo making brand new "characters" that are just existing ones with different textures, and making them separate characters in spinoffs so they don't have to put effort into actual distinct models. It's at least passable when the "character" has a different personality and/or a role in a canon game, but otherwise it's just cringeworthy.

It's nothing new. They've been doing it for years.

Hell even Toadette is just a Toad with pigtails and a dress.

Mcmadness said:
Fresh Bowser said:

It's nothing new. They've been doing it for years.

Hell even Toadette is just a Toad with pigtails and a dress.
Toadette at least has a distinct personality from Toad himself.

Yeah, and then you get to stuff like Koopa and Paratroopa or Shyguy and Flyguy.

Same models, just one is red with wings and the other has a propeller.

Yes, they've been doing this "ripoff" thing for pretty much the entire spinoff existence now, ever since Super Mario Kart (Donkey Kong Jr.) or Mario Golf 64 (Metal Mario and Baby Mario). If you're sick of it, should've been sick of it sooner or else it's just confirmation bias. Saying that they "have their own personality" (which isn't a compelling argument within the scope of the Mario series) and "little things that set them apart" is grasping at the straws and doesn't really set them that much apart from Baby Rosalina, to be honest. You either like those little things that set characters like Dry Bones and Toadsworth and Dry Bowser and Bowser Jr. and Baby Luigi apart or you don't.

Even then, actual new unique characters like H. Queen, Sprixie Princess, or Luma get mostly indifference or even spite as far as I know (for H. Queen's case, she's probably a scapegoat for Waluigi fans) which just shows you it's just ultimately a matter of preference.

"Canon" is also a meaningless term in the Mario series.

Fresh Bowser said:

Oh god...the thought of Nintendo bringing back their worst character ever makes me want to rage...

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
I thought her shoes were supposed to be solid red or pink.

Normally that would be the case. The shoe model that I utilized had multiple materials.

Sooooo im very happy.

While i havent figure out how to extract the dlc files from World Tour , i was able to record CLEAN audio with literally no SFX other than voices.

Now i have High quality Rosalina voice clips from World Tour!

These are very handy for my voice mods!!!

world tour lets you turn off the music, right?

Baby Luigi said:
world tour lets you turn off the music, right?

Yeah , but i did something even better.

I did turn off music. But when you do it , it only works for the course music. The jingles of Bogey etc and the main menu music still plays , as well as menu sfx.

However , i figured that music i world tour (files) are not compressed , and the basic golf sounds arent either.

Soooo i was quick enough to come out with an idea ...

I literally replaced all the post hole music , menu music and golfing sfx with a sound file that has NO SOUND

LOL now the game is mute except for the voices!

And since i record the audio directly from PC , it comes out as high quality!

Just listen

http://s0.vocaroo.com/media/download_temp/Vocaroo_s0Y8CP76pEXE.mp3

These are her menu sounds , which are not easy to obtain by normal means since there's the music playing.

With the music gone it's only the voice!

Swiftie_Luma said:
I did turn off music. But when you do it , it only works for the course music. The jingles of Bogey etc and the main menu music still plays , as well as menu sfx.
SHIT, why couldn't it be more like Toadstool Tour and less like Mario Golf 64? I was looking forward to the eerie silence of the post-hole animations.

I love Mario

Mcmadness said:
I love Mario
I love him a lot. In fact, I'd do this to him if he's okay with it.

puni_puni_by_minimerchant-daiglm9.png

People would call him my "hazubendo" but I don't know if there are any nasty implications behind that.

My friend gave me Mario Golf: World Tour as a gift for my birthday. I wasn't that great at it, barely losing to Wario at first, but I can win against the easy computers so far. Hell, I got a Hole-in-One as Luigi in a later match today, and that was awesome.

I wish I can play as four people at once like in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, and it sucks that there isn't download play and I can't 2 v 2 against bots (like in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour), so Toadstool Tour is still my favorite of the Mario Golfs.

Waifu and crap like that is basically a silly way of saying "I like this character a lot"

Unless you buy a pillow, then it becomes something else.

I used to play a bit of Mario golf 64 with my family years ago but then I kept spamming the taunt buttons and they got irritated and stopped.

Back