post any random Mario thought on your mind

The fact that PGP has a line where she says her name , after you unlock her , gives away the fact that Sam Kelly recorded for her specifically.

But in the end it's the same thing as PGP has Peach voice , but it's altered digitally , without the effect it would sound just like Peach.

Sam Kelly started out a bit different before she became Jen's clone. If you hear her in MP8 and Brawl , she does not resemble Jen 100% like in other games.

I wish the other sports games had story modes like the baseball ones did.

If only Mario isn't as dumb as a doorknob.

!!!

Yeah it's pretty rubbish.

Mcmadness said:
I wish the other sports games had story modes like the baseball ones did.

yeah i sorta liked the challenge mode thing in baseball, even when some motivations are a bit ridiculous

"you rescued me! but you have to play against me first to make me join you!!! trololol!"

I'm still trying to figure out what benefit Bowser gets from taking over a bunch of baseball stadiums.

he just wants to possess them

The world will fear his baseballs of doom.

Mcmadness said:

!!!

Doesn't help that there's a Lakitu running around to "help" Mario talk.

Would it seriously be a great hindrance if Mario did that talking, to be honest?

Apparently yes.

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi even attempted to talk.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Mcmadness said:

!!!

Doesn't help that there's a Lakitu running around to "help" Mario talk.

Would it seriously be a great hindrance if Mario did that talking, to be honest?
If they want to keep Mario silent, they could at least give him better expressions and have him act like he did in Super Mario RPG, with his transforming into various characters for the purpose of storytelling.

This picture is a quick edit I did and it exemplifies why I hate those stupid middle-men for Mario's lack of speech. Lakitu's talking adds barely ANYTHING and Mario's completely fine in most cases if he were to talk. Is creating a script for Mario so *bleep*ing hard???
JFdQLTe.jpg

I don't care if the speech is bland and generic, it's better than *bleep* like this.

8Og2jug.png

BTW, Luigi being unable to talk is also inexcusable.

yeah its pretty dumb that both luigi and mario cant speak, especially after seeing some spin-offs where they both did and imo were more likeable there.

LeftyGreenMario said:
This picture is a quick edit I did and it exemplifies why I hate those stupid middle-men for Mario's lack of speech. Lakitu's talking adds barely ANYTHING and Mario's completely fine in most cases if he were to talk. Is creating a script for Mario so *bleep*ing hard???

They'd have to alter the dialogue a bit but the point still stands.

Nintendo seems to think that it's a sin for the main protagonist to speak in any way. Of course, this doesn't apply to every game, since Fox McCloud does speak, and even Donkey Kong had a few dialog moments in Donkey Kong 64.

well the general excuse is that developers want to make the players feel like they were that character but nowadays nobody is buying that shit or just simply doesnt want it, they even do it away with some other game genres that did that like bioware rpgs and mother 3 did away with that at points too.

I think its time we got some real personality concerning the lovable bros we play as all the time.

The funny thing is, even some non-Nintendo franchises never gave the main protagonists speaking roles. For one example, in Jak & Daxter, only Daxter did any talking, while Jak was completely silent. However, Jak does finally get to speak in Jak 2.

its a common thing in old rpgs or rpgs that are trying to be retro

for example chrono never speaks in chrono trigger while every protagonist ever in dragonquest dont speak either.

I think the only time a silent, non-custom protagonist was interesting was the Doom guy in the latest Doom installment. It's how to make a character expressive in the most possible way without any dialogue at all.

"I tell you it's for the good of humanity."

*punches screen*

This thought just came to me, but maybe Nintendo really keeps most of their characters quiet so they don't have to pay the voice actors as much.

I don't think it's necessarily the voice acting bit since you can still have a character talk without voice acting.

Back