post any random Mario thought on your mind

It sounded like he said "Steak" in Mario Superstar Baseball

Mari Ohara said:
i find it amusing that lakitu's voice clips in super sluggers (like "out", "that's the ball game"", etc.) all sound vaguely like what he's supposed to be saying, but for "strike" he just loudly grunts

"Out" is the only one that actually sounds right. The worst one is "Play Ball", which he will say as "Pebe", at least from my understanding.

Deinosuchus said:
Mari Ohara said:
i find it amusing that lakitu's voice clips in super sluggers (like "out", "that's the ball game"", etc.) all sound vaguely like what he's supposed to be saying, but for "strike" he just loudly grunts

"Out" is the only one that actually sounds right. The worst one is "Play Ball", which he will say as "Pebe", at least from my understanding.

Actually it really isn't, because "Foul" and "That's the game" actually sound at least remotely similar to what he's actually saying.

Jim Perry said:
Actually it really isn't, because "Foul" and "That's the game" actually sound at least remotely similar to what he's actually saying.

Both sound intelligible to me in Mario Superstar Baseball, but the latter does not in Mario Super Sluggers.

Then you must be playing in some other language, because it both are intelligible in English.

Deinosuchus said:
Jim Perry said:
Then you must be playing in some other language, because it both are intelligible in English.

I am playing the American version, but it doesn't sound intelligible here (at 17:33)

I only heard "out", which sounds totally intelligible, and "that's the game", which sounded more like "Tha the gay!"[sic] What do you think the "foul" call sounds like?

roys hearing must transcend reality because all that sounded like hardcore engrish from jojos bizarre adventure

Zae Eildus said:
roys hearing must transcend reality because all that sounded like hardcore engrish from jojos bizarre adventure

Well I did think someone said "queers" when she actually said "pointers," so it just might.

Jim Perry said:
I only heard "out", which sounds totally intelligible, and "that's the game", which sounded more like "Tha the gay!"[sic] What do you think the "foul" call sounds like?

Foul sounds intelligible, as does "Change".

Take a listen at "Bean Ball" and "Walk" in this montage. King Boo is the only one to get walked.

Jim Perry said:
Deinosuchus said:
Jim Perry said:

I am playing the American version, but it doesn't sound intelligible here (at 17:33)

I always assumed he was saying "That's the ball game" or "That's the whole game"

From the Play Nintendo website:

''Kamek is an awfully sneaky Magikoopa. But if you get to take a ride on his broom, who cares?''

Baby Luigi has taken rides on Kamek's brooms and I don't think he's awfully happy about that

I learned that in Ultra Smash Rosalina's worst partners are the tricky characters

They SUCK as AI partners.

One more reason i thank god she is a Power type , Tricky characters commit the most mistakes from getting foul , outs or body shots.

Also Daisy and her greasy ass are disgusting in this game , she reached a new level of irrelevance and annoyance.

AI partners in tennis suck in general. The only thing they're reliable at is retrieving serves, they're much better than that than me. Even expert players can usually retrieve balls served by a Star Ace Boo with ease. But when playing doubles, they're a real pain to contend with. I think the difficulty from doubles matches just comes down to your CPU ally being retarded.

Why don't they ever let us play doubles in tournament mode with two human players is beyond me.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Also Daisy and her greasy ass are disgusting in this game , she reached a new level of irrelevance and annoyance.
So... did she actually top Double Dash's level?

imo, Daisy's not that annoying. We even used a constant stream of "Hi, I'm Daisy" as horde music in our Left 4 Dead 2.

Last I've checked, Power-type characters tend to have bad ball control. Rosalina looks like a character who would have very good ball control, which is why I've preferred it if she was a Tricky-type character.

In Mario Power Tennis, Boo is actually a rather nasty Tricky-type character to deal with, especially whenever it uses its offensive power shot. The main downside with Boo, however, was the fact that its lunge has a start-up delay that you don't see with the other playable characters. Even Petey Piranha's lunge takes less time to execute than Boo's lunge, and yet Petey is arguably the worst character when it comes to playing near the net, due to his big head being an easy target for getting smacked by a tennis ball.

Lol i was not wrong

Boo sucks as a partner

Just switched to Peach (technique) and she delivered soooo much better with Rosalina (Power)

I was getting my ass kicked by Daisy (All round) and Dry Bowser (Defense) on ACE , but now Peach really did waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Boo.

MnSG said:
Last I've checked, Power-type characters tend to have bad ball control. Rosalina looks like a character who would have very good ball control, which is why I've preferred it if she was a Tricky-type character.

In Mario Power Tennis, Boo is actually a rather nasty Tricky-type character to deal with, especially whenever it uses its offensive power shot. The main downside with Boo, however, was the fact that its lunge has a start-up delay that you don't see with the other playable characters. Even Petey Piranha's lunge takes less time to execute than Boo's lunge, and yet Petey is arguably the worst character when it comes to playing near the net, due to his big head being an easy target for getting smacked by a tennis ball.

She may have bad ball control , but in this specific game , Rosalina being power type is deadly with the Mega Mushroom.

Paired up with a Technique character gives the best results .

Besides , the fact that Rosalina is a Power type makes it super easy for her to make Shots that blast the opponent waaaaaay to the back of the court and thats the best feeling of the game aside from Body Shotting Wario , Bowser , Dry Bowser and Daisy's greasy ass.

MnSG said:
Petey Piranha just isn't good at the net because his volley power is abysmal compared to his stroke power. Petey IMO is just a pretty bad character.

YoshiKong said:

''Kamek is an awfully sneaky Magikoopa. But if you get to take a ride on his broom, who cares?''

This sounds wrong in so many ways.

Now I can't play Yoshi's Island again.

FrozenDragon150 said:
YoshiKong said:

This sounds wrong in so many ways.

Now I can't play Yoshi's Island again.

No it doesn't.

Back