post any random Mario thought on your mind

Well at least you can set him on fire.

It also sounded like he's enjoying it.

"YEEEEAH!"

But we prefer setting Wario on fire with Toad's Skillshot.

Did Double Dash's two characters in a kart gimmick do anything to affect gameplay?

Well, you can punch people to steal items when playing with two players. You can play with two players simultaneously.

And if your backseat person is incapacitated, you're knocked away by other drivers regardless of weight.

You can also switch which items to use first and so on.

That's pretty much about it.

Oh right, I thought that it would effect stats depending on who was driving. :p

It does not.

If Bowser and Petey Piranha rode the Goo Goo Buggy (try that with an Action Replay sometime), they'll get knocked away if Baby Mario and Baby Luigi rode the Barrel Train.

Baby Luigi said:
It does not.

If Bowser and Petey Piranha rode the Goo Goo Buggy (try that with an Action Replay sometime), they'll get knocked away if Baby Mario and Baby Luigi rode the Barrel Train.

I actually tried that combo once, back when I had one. There were also other cheats like "Giant Karts" and "Tiny Karts", which not only changed the size of the karts, but also the character models. You could also always get a particular item, like Giant Bananas or Bob-ombs.

Some other cheats were "All races are 1 lap", "Moon jump", "Unrestricted kart selection", "Increase/decrease Nintendo blur", "Goraud shading" and weirdly, "Item always Fake Prezzie (Fake Item Box)" and "Item always Wan Wan (Chain Chomp)".

I would love it if Nintendo does the same as the GCN games and let the characters actually speak properly instead of just making sounds.

I mean these are so good.

Full-on voice acting by Mario/Luigi/Wario/Waluigi/Daisy/Peach (and maybe Bowser and Bowser Jr.) when?

That's not full-on voice acting, not really.

Also, the Toadstool Tour ones are a million times better.

Characters need to speak more in general. Even little text boxes like the ones in Fortune Street will suffice. Anything to increase their personality and likability.

Baby Luigi said:
Characters need to speak more in general. Even little text boxes like the ones in Fortune Street will suffice. Anything to increase their personality and likability.

That is precisely the reason I like reading their quotes from that game on this wiki. Especially Peach and Mario's ones.

They aren't likely to make the characters speak in full voices that aren't text because the only ever speak english and these games are played by many non english speaking countries.

Mcmadness said:
They aren't likely to make the characters speak in full voices that aren't text because the only ever speak english and these games are played by many non english speaking countries.
So hire the appropriate voice actors for each language, like any other studio?

Baby Luigi said:
It does not.

Double Dash!! is probably the only game in the Mario Kart series where your character does not affect how heavy your kart is. Instead, your kart choices are restricted to what you character combination consists of; you can't use heavy karts without a heavy character, or at least not without a cheating device.

Rusty Bucket Bay said:
That restriction doesn't apply to the Parade Kart though.

Yeah that kart is the only exception to the rule. However, it only really favors the lightweights and middleweights, since four of the five heavyweight karts outweigh the Parade Kart; the Parade Kart is only heavy enough to rival the Wario Car and Turbo Birdo.

Now that the 2017 calendar has been fully published, I must say that it offers quite a fascinating glimpse into the post-modern reality of the Mario universe. Let's have a look at the images:
NCL_2017_calendar_1.jpg

NCL_2017_calendar_2.jpg

Now, the presence of Toad tells us that these images are mainly inspired by the New Super Mario Bros. series, we might also talk about Iggy's modern design and the wand that clearly weren't in Super Mario World but honestly this would have been harder to catch at first sight.

And now, some considerations:
  • Bowser is either so poor or so mad at the Koopalings that Iggy this time didn't even have his own castle or airship, just a Warp Pipe (unless he wasn't supposed to be in the adventure but wanted to follow the show)
  • Luigi, despite riding Yoshi, couldn't make it to Bowser's Castle. Too bad for him...
  • Surprisingly, Toad instead actually managed to reach Bowser's Castle. Now this is what I call hidden potential!
  • For some reason, Peach is always carried by soemone
  • Mario is clearly into any% speedrunning as of late, he managed to trigger the ending sequence without defeating Kamek and Bowser
  • The latter is not particularly fond of such modern exploits, developers beware!

New Super Mario Bros. = Super Mario Bros.

Time Turner said:
So hire the appropriate voice actors for each language, like any other studio?

You'd be surprised how many companies don't do that.

So recently i made this video of the Beta of MKDS.

It's a run of the first of 2 cups in the Kiosk demo ; I played as Rosalina in place of Toad. Adding her in the demo was a bit of a stretch because the demo actually keeps many placeholder data and it's arrangement is different from the final game files, thus harder to replace and edit somehow.

I also made some little animations of my Rosalina avatar , making Rosalina have different expressions. She is right next to the game window, telling the viewer her POV about the demo and many other stuff i came up with.

It was so fun making Rosalina speak , using her voice clips from Kerri Kane and having her ''animated''.

Man, you came really far in this hack. Congratulations! Is it released yet?

Something just broke in the tank of my dorm room's toilet, and I figured out how to fix it pretty quickly, and now we're flushing again. Mario and Luigi would be proud.

Back