post any random Mario thought on your mind

Meh, you can see Peach's underwear in some games do this doesn't surprise me.

So um , how do i put this.

Kerri Kane emailed me , yes she did , in case ya'll forgot she is just that amazing , and she shared with me a little christmas song that she recorded quickly out of fun.

It's very beautiful , and she truly has talent for it , and i am not saying it just because i really do appreaciate her but because it's the simple truth.

https://soundcloud.com/kerrikane14/santas-on-his-way?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=twitter

I miss her now as Rosalina even more.

My feelings right now
tumblr_m6foc4mSht1qgvdf9o5_250.gif

Rusty Bucket Bay said:
*img*

This is something I thought I'd never see. It's from a official Japanese Super Mario World strategy guide.
A woman in women's swimwear, how shocking.

Swiftie_Luma said:

Kerri Kane emailed me , yes she did , in case ya'll forgot she is just that amazing , and she shared with me a little christmas song that she recorded quickly out of fun.

It's very beautiful , and she truly has talent for it , and i am not saying it just because i really do appreaciate her but because it's the simple truth.

https://soundcloud.com/kerrikane14/santas-on-his-way?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=twitter

My feelings right now
Wow! That's amazing that she emailed you! Like, out of the blue?

J-Yoshi64 said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

My feelings right now
Wow! That's amazing that she emailed you! Like, out of the blue?

Yeah. We exchange words from time to time , is not really the first time.

As a fan of Rosalina and of her portrayal as the character it's like a blessing.

i send her some time ago a special banner i made for her because of this ; i was fangirling way too much.

gNGtrIcl.png

Rusty Bucket Bay said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
A woman in women's swimwear, how shocking.

Well I didn't expect to see this in official material, only in fanart. But I guess you learn something new every day.
That comic also has Mario swearing in English despite it being in a Japanese guide, by the way...

That's not surprising. Swearing is fairly common in kids media in japan.

So today I was playing as my Mii in Mario Kart Wii, and I discovered that he has 6 bike tricks. The up and down tricks are different depending on whether or not the jump has a boost. The left and right tricks don't change, though.

This applies to all characters

24Gj7h7.png

Baby Luigi said:
This applies to all characters
Huh. I was under the impression that they all only had 4 bike tricks. This changes things...

Swiftie_Luma said:
Inward drift bikes and outward drift bikes have different tricks.

Not exactly. From what I can tell, it's the design of the bike that influences what trick animations are used. The small characters use the same animations for all of their bike choices, despite only two of the small bikes drifting out.

Anyway, to further prove my statement, whenever Yoshi wins a race on a bike, he doesn't stick out his tongue if using the Standard Bike M, Sugarscoot, or Zip Zip. The Mach Bike, Sneakster, and Dolphin Dasher are all based on sport motorcycles, and as such, each medium sized character's animations are different for those bikes.

Well at least they gave lightweight characters inward drift animations in Mario Kart 8, I hated how they got the shaft in Mario Kart Wii.

Baby Luigi said:
Well at least they gave lightweight characters inward drift animations in Mario Kart 8, I hated how they got the shaft in Mario Kart Wii.

The odd part of the story in Mario Kart Wii is that the sport bikes (Mach Bike, Sneakster, Dolphin Dasher) are all medium-size exclusives, while the chopper bikes (Wario Bike, Shooting Star, Phantom) are all large-size exclusives. Not surprisingly, all sport bikes drift in, while all chopper bikes drift out.

I think this is relevant for the discussion.

Only middleweigths have different trick when riding an inside drifting bikes. All the other have 6 tricks when riding bikes and only 3 tricks when riding karts (I counted 7 for the heavyweights, but I realize this might be a camera position effect). The boost ramp tricks alternate between standard directional trick and special boost ramp trick. There is also massive animation reuse, from what I can tell. In this sense, MK8, despite its 3 tricks for each vehicle type - very often only 3 tricks for karts and the same 3 tricks for bikes and ATVs -, at least seems to have unique animation sets for each character.

The funny thing is, some animations will never play if a large-sized character uses any of the chopper bikes. This is most notable when the vehicle gets fired out of a cannon; characters do not hang for their lives while using a chopper bike.

i think , after many times playing , i can confirm that

Rosalina is the cheapest character in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.

Remember when i said that there were not ''lock'' animations when you are charging?

This only applies to the floating characters , all the characters that run still have this animation , while characters like Rosalina still move while charging.

Also , thanks to chance shots , the power types can abuse the the flower shot , is extremely easy to knock back any character with this as a power type and cause a cheap Ultra Smash chance.

In the case of Rosalina , is cheap because she is the only character that floats that is also a Power type thus the cpu or players ABUSE anything above.

Rosalina's only downsides seem to be lack of ball control and speed , but in all fairness i dont see the use of the former unless you are a tricky character and for the latter , i feel like even if she is rather slow , Bowser and DK Still feel much slower than her.

Im almost convinced that this game has hidden stats , as Rosalina feels sooo different than playing as any of the other power types.

I have yet to beat ACE Rosalina , while is literally easy to beat anybody else in the roster as Rosalina.

Not to sound bias , but i think that she is indeed the best character in the game.

You can't beat Ace Rosalina? Uh, wow...do the computer opponents behave anything like they do in Mario Tennis Open? Because I'm able to beat a bad match-up as Baby Mario, even if characters like Dry Bowser and Boo are Star Ace computers and even though they put up a pretty nasty fight against Baby Mario, and Baby Mario especially hates fighting the Bowsers. You can't even beat her with your Star advantage? Even Mario Power Tennis I can pretty much exploit the Ace CPU with their reckless use of Power shots.

I've heard stories of how good she is. Is she better than Boo and Dry Bowser from Mario Tennis Open? I want to know how tough she is in comparison to those opponents. I know what strategies to use to beat those two guys, they mainly involve Yellow Chance Shots and Smashing the opposite direction when they try slicing it from the back. Red chance shots don't help too much against them as they stay too close to the net and thus can effectively easily counter it and no opportunity to drop shot them.

I had a hard time playing against her. The one of the few times i SUCKED as Peach in these games.

I tried Peach , she beat me.

Tried Daisy , she beat me

Donkey Kong , beat me again

And lastly i tried Boo to see if the floating was rather ''cheap'' and she beat me.

And mind you , i have played this game a lot of ways. Online and when im offline i always put ACE on any CPU , i have even done runs with ACE + Star with me as Rosalina without it and i still win.

Either Rosalina is the best character , or is the best character for my needs when playing.

Its crazy , but when you control Rosalina it feels so smooth , the floating is better than running and hitting the ball feels sweeter because , since she is a power type, every swing feels full of power.

Again , the only true downside i see for Rosalina is her speed on the ground , otherwise she is fine.

----------------------------------

Also another thing is that in that other voice actor topic in here , i kinda said that i thought Laura was ''miscast'' as Rosalina ... dont even know why i put it like that , considering that i dont actually feel that way LOL specially whenever i have completely free control over her voice clips in mods.

And in-game is even sweeter and i feel completely confortable and pleased once again.

Swiftie_Luma said:
I had a hard time playing against her. The one of the few times i SUCKED as Peach in these games.

I tried Peach , she beat me.

Tried Daisy , she beat me

Donkey Kong , beat me again

And lastly i tried Boo to see if the floating was rather ''cheap'' and she beat me.

And mind you , i have played this game a lot of ways. Online and when im offline i always put ACE on any CPU , i have even done runs with ACE + Star with me as Rosalina without it and i still win.

Either Rosalina is the best character , or is the best character for my needs when playing.

Its crazy , but when you control Rosalina it feels so smooth , the floating is better than running and hitting the ball feels sweeter because , since she is a power type, every swing feels full of power.

Again , the only true downside i see for Rosalina is her speed on the ground , otherwise she is fine.

I wouldn't expect you winning against her if you haven't used those characters much. I'm a Baby Mario main, so I know what his strengths and weaknesses are and what are his best positions in the court hence how I beat all computers Star Ace in Mario Tennis Open, even though Bowser and Dry Bowser are a big thorn up in my nose. One strategy I use against Ace characters weaker than me in Mario Tennis Open is constantly using topspins against such characters, which gradually makes their shots weaker, until I can finally overwhelm them and they can't react to hit the ball anymore. It works against Donkey Kong, Peach, Waluigi, etc. Characters who have good ball control like Luma aren't a good idea to use Red chance shots as the rebounds will be quick and nasty. With characters like those, use Yellow chance shots to push them all the way to the back, and go to their side. When they attempt to hit it to the opposite side of you, quickly go there and smash that to that open space.

Again, my question is that if Ace computers act anything like they did in Mario Tennis Open. If they do, I think I might have a shot of beating Rosalina. However, I do lose my Baby Mario main so I have to find another character to use, which is probably Toadette.

I think judging from her playstyle, you have to play ultra defensively. I don't know what position of the court she takes, though, is it middle or back? Middles are easier to deal with yellow chance shots + smashes while red chance shots + drop shot can deal with characters in the back.

i barely remember Open , i have not touch it since forever ago so i would not know if CPU acts the same or similar in US to be honest.

also , i have played a cosiderably with Peach and Daisy , and she is the only one that still manages to beat me.

Again , i dont exactly know about ''best character'' in this game but she is certainly one of the toughest matches.

The last line is my favorite, and it's the Mario-related thing required for this thread.

ft161218silentnightswatch.png

What would something called "Bowser's Holly" look like?

Back