post any random Mario thought on your mind

too bad mario kart arcade gp 2 never got a console release

for some reason i got a hankering to play it right now

but its not at my home or at the big ass arcade nearby me

Ninelevendo said:
You're blowing my mind yet making me annoyed at the same time.

I repeat, as a collective species.

Magikrazy said:

I've never played any of the arcade games, but I really want to. I also wonder how the DLC works on such a system.
The karts are really cool and interesting. That's the biggest appeal for me.

Magikrazy said:

i've got an iso if you want it

arcade gp 2 probably got replaced by gp dx

You know what Mario needs?

Grimdark melodrama

You know I seriously put that game alongside the movie for completely misunderstanding what this franchise is largely about.

J-Yoshi64 said:
I also wonder how the DLC works on such a system.

Most modern arcade architectures are online-enabled, whcih als doubles as a deterrent for private collectors and importers.

Meh, that movie is like 100x worse than Super Paper Mario can ever hope to be.

That's a bit harsh.

Miyamoto isn't allergic to that, he just doesn't think it's important, or as important as gameplay, graphics, and sound.

Mcmadness said:
You know I seriously put that game alongside the movie for completely misunderstanding what this franchise is largely about.
Except I'm assuming the developers were the same peeps responsible for the previous two games so they had at least some vague idea on how to write story for a Mario game.

If they wrote that mess I'd question that.

Baby Luigi said:
That's a bit harsh.

Miyamoto isn't allergic to that, he just doesn't think it's important, or as important as gameplay, graphics, and sound.

Specifically to Mario, people think his anti-story thought process applies to everything when in reality he's perfectly ok with it in other series like zelda, star fox, pikmin etc etc

I actually like the non-story, use only pre-existing characters idea. Stuffing up the gameplay was the main thing that ruined Sticker Star.

Dumbass twin logged in while I was busy making a post and I lost all my post data.

Anyway, I've tried saying that even if they used only original characters, what does it mean by that? Getting rid of the Paper Mario only species or getting rid of the named, Mario characters?

I know the remark, "Mario did all of that just for cake!" regarding Super Mario 64's story is meant to be humorous, but I feel like it kind of misunderstands the little plot SM64 has. Mario is invited to the castle by Peach to eat some cake together but when Mario enters the castle it turns out Peach is kidnapped. So Mario goes to rescue her because he is a good person that doesn't expect some huge reward for saving the princess.

It's both. He's a good person, but the cake is only part of the reward. Of course, there's winning Princess Peach over and pleasing the residents of Mushroom Kingdom, too.

Kirby, on the other hand...

Plus he's just genuinely a nice guy.

Or Super Mario Sunshine with a portal gun rather than F.L.U.D.D.

Striker Mario said:
Or Super Mario Sunshine with a portal gun rather than F.L.U.D.D.

Super Mario Sunshine 2 right here, folks.

Back