post any random Mario thought on your mind

You know, after playing Team Sonic Racing and Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, Double Dash is not all that great of a co-op mode to be honest? The co-op mainly consists of one guy doing pretty much nothing for most of the race (the item throwing guy) while the driving guy pulls the weight of the team, the items guy mostly just contributes by helping the driving guy drift. LeftyGreenMario and I even just prefer to play on separate cars whenever we play Double Dash, the only positive thing we have to say for the two characters per kart gimmick is that you can pair two of your favorite characters together than one, but that's about it, the game's main gimmick doesn't change the game all that much.

The reason I think the aforementioned games have co-op elements better since you race on two separate vehicles and there are mechanics that help out being a team, with Arcade GP DX having a pretty fun tank that combines two racers together temporarily while Team Sonic Racing is all about it, with slipstreaming, sharing items, and boosting other people back up to speed. It's probably not as friendly as having one experienced guy pair with an inexperienced one, but for LGM and I being more experienced, we kinda prefer just racing on our own and helping each other out.

the 2 people one kart didn't add much in general, it's why they haven't bothered with it since.

If there's a return of a co-op mode in a future Mario Kart, I'd rather they make a new mode entirely with two separate people racing that have co-op mechanics like in Team Sonic Racing, and have it as an optional way to play the game (so you don't have to rely on CPU teammates and they tend to be rubbish).

the only pieces of mario merch i have at all is two knex figures and a wedding mario amiibo.. so i feel that
wish i had more figures but the only optin is ebay and i havent found anything i really wanted so far

I had some Mcdonalds/Burgerking Mario toys.
s-l300.jpg
I think this Luigi one was made before Nintendo had an absolute idea of what the brothers look like, idk the year of it, but it was a hand-me-down from my brother whos 6 years older than me.
s-l640.jpg

I think I was more of a teenager than a kid with this one

You know, Mario toys was the REASON I'm even into Mario to begin with.

You can thank these BD&A crew.

rare-1997-bd-a-mario-plush-toy-lot-bowser-luigi-toad-donkey-kong-yoshi-nintendop

(flying mario "flew away" though rip)

I just remembered that I didn't have any Mario toys as a kid and that makes me sad
They were all from catalogue from like Nintendo Power, so I never saw them hanging around in stores like I do see today. I'm really happy for kids today though, they have access to most of the major recurring Mario cast. Waluigi was nonexistent at the time, I didn't see Yoshi colors beyond red, yellow, dark blue, and black, Peach wasn't easy to find outside that catalogue, Daisy was nonexistent, Bowser Jr. Was nonexistent, Toadette was nonexistent. Fire Mario and Fire Luigi were nonexistent. Cat Rosalina wouldn't even have a chance. The Koopalings were nonexistent. Bowser was as big as Mario, maybe shorter. And also the toys themselves were way more flimsy, had stickers rather than embroidery for eyes, and not soft at all compared to the stuff today.

when i was in middle school i was searching hell and high water for a goddamn Baby Luigi plush and it wasn't until November of 2011 (when I was a high school sophomore) that I finally got him.

i still have that first photo i have of him when he was still new and he has transformed a lot to today

As someone whose into wrestling I do appreciate all the various wrestling nods in TTYD's third chapter.

As someone whose into wrestling I do appreciate all the various wrestling nods in TTYD's third chapter.
You're gonna love my next theme when March comes

I got Yoshi's Crafted World. So far I think it's yet another Perfectly Fine successor to Yoshi's Island. And one that look very pretty!

And like most people, I think the soundtrack sucks. All the Yoshi's soundtrack since Yoshi's Story have tried to do the leitmotif thing without having a strong enough melody and ignoring how wild YS got with its arrangements, so that isn't a surprise. But it made me think: both Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story had fun, energetic music, stuff that felt at home in a Mario game. Why did both Artoon and Good-Feel got into their head Yoshi songs should all be slow baby lullabies for babies?

Whomever picked the box art for Super Princess Peach should never pick box art for a game ever again.

670px-Superpeach.jpg

I mean it's such a vapid looking picture of Peach.

SPP_Artwork.jpg

This is what they use for the front cover of the manual, this would have been a much better box art.

Well he helps the decor.

But it's also a much cooler picture of Peach and Perry.

I just remembered that my first exposure to Doopliss was from my nephew's description of him. We were both playing through TTYD, and he was the first to get to Doopliss for the first time. He died to him though, and later described his appearance to me (he was called ???? at that point so he couldn't tell me the name obviously). He described him as a "ghost dude that's actually just a Goomba in a sheet"

I think he was reading too far into the character's feet.

This is your daily reminder that Bowser is the best Mario character.

Back