post any random Mario thought on your mind

Mario Party Δ said:
I'm probably the only person who's not that much of a fan of F.L.U.D.D.less missions.

Nope, can't stand em myself.

The thing about Super Mario Sunshine is that there is so much manoeuvrability, yet all of that is lost when F.L.U.D.D. is in the equation, since the smarter option is always to use it, and never to use any of Mario's main abilities.

the world 1-2 theme is so prevalent in the series
i wouldn't be surprised if some form of it has made its way into every main series game

Stanley Pines said:
am I the only one who thinks gusty garden is getting a bit overused
I mean it's a good song but to put it in every game now is a bit much
It's because of its use is why I loathe its music.

Meta Knight said:
I don't think it was in world or smb2 usa
It definitely wasn't in Super Mario Bros. 2 USA.

The Purple Coins level is a massive waste of time.

I'd say Sling Pod Galaxy surpasses it, though.

No, Sling Pod Galaxy had some action going on with it. Sea Slide was boring in every regard. The music puts me to sleep, and the missions weren't original at all. Let's review the missions here.

God, why is it so boring? The only slightly interesting one is the Cosmic Mario/Luigi race, the rest are so fucking dull.

I'd really like to see Retro's take on environments from the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy they have yet to touch on in their games, like the forest stages from Diddy's Kong Quest.

Pi said:
No, Sling Pod Galaxy had some action going on with it. Sea Slide was boring in every regard. The music puts me to sleep, and the missions weren't original at all. Let's review the missions here.

God, why is it so boring? The only slightly interesting one is the Cosmic Mario/Luigi race, the rest are so *bleep*ing dull.
I'd rather take boring over infuriatingly difficult. I had bad memories of that level.

I really hated Sea Slide's Purple Coins though. It's torture.

I once died after having collected 97 of the Purple Coins on that mission. I barely managed to prevent a ragequit and redid the level. It was not fun at all. Speaking of, why are the water-themed levels in Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 so boring? The only one that was the closest to not being a snooze fest was Starshine Galaxy, from Super Mario Galaxy 2, and that was only because of the Purple Coin mission. Otherwise, it was a pretty boring level.

Pi said:
I once died after having collected 97 of the Purple Coins on that mission. I barely managed to prevent a ragequit and redid the level. It was not fun at all. Speaking of, why are the water-themed levels in Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 so boring? The only one that was the closest to not being a snooze fest was Starshine Galaxy, from Super Mario Galaxy 2, and that was only because of the Purple Coin mission. Otherwise, it was a pretty boring level.
Bonefin.jpg

I don't know, I liked this one. The music sometimes made it pretty tense.

In Galaxy 2, Cosmic Cove and Slimy Spring were nice, although Slimy Spring is pretty much one-stop kind of thing.

Oh, Bonefin Galaxy was a fine specimen of a level. That I will agree with. Can't believe I forgot about Cosmic Cove, though — it's legitimately one of the best levels in the entire game.

Slimy Spring Galaxy is pretty decent too. And I kinda liked Bigmouth Galaxy so...

Lario said:
I'd really like to see Retro's take on environments from the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy they have yet to touch on in their games, like the forest stages from Diddy's Kong Quest.
mine shafts, yo

Especially if Mining Melancholy gets a slick new arrangement.

Some volumes of the Super Mario-Kun has been localized into France :eek:

Nobody told me Peach gets naked in Thousand Year Door.

In all seriousness, this is a very great game so far. Almost on par with the original Paper Mario.

Makes me long for another one like these, though.

so, ashley appearing in all these 2015 games makes me pretty happy.

Not just because I really like her character (even if that's the primary reason, heh) but also because after reading on Warioware's commercial performance, how Nintendo operates... etc, I had to face the very real possibility WarioWare is dead, and that Ashley and the other characters would never appear again outside of insignificant Smash cameos. Seeing her make those random appearances years after G&W bombed is encouraging.

Magikrazy said:
Nobody told me Peach gets naked in Thousand Year Door.
Peach never gets naked in The-Thousand Year Door, at least in one instance where it might be thought so. There is no model for her being naked, which has been found by playing the game on an emulator using a code to be able to freely rotate the camera around. What happens is she's actually showering with her clothes on.

He's a kid, he's given a little more leeway than a grown woman

Back