post any random Mario thought on your mind

Swiftie_Luma said:
The japanese Nintendo site for Mario has a section for characters

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/character/mario/characters/index.html

i would assume this are the characters considered most recurring, rather than main seeing Waluigi in there.

hopefuly the descriptions get translated so i can read Rosalina's, even if the audio samples that they used in her page almost make me vomit.
google translate to the rescue (kinda sorta, not really)
Cheerful and cheerful, everyone's popular. Twin brother, Luigi is a good friend and a name combination.
With sports utility, I will do everything coolly, from tennis and baseball to soccer and car racing.
Occupation is a plumber. But the place of activity does not stop there.
I love Peach Princess, and if Princess Peach is in trouble, I will go help at any time.
With a good jump and various power-ups, I will face a bad guy.
Mario's twin brother. It's a little scary, but a nice personality.
Nigato is obviously after all.
However, he is the owner of the ability to do anything as much as Mario.
Mario and Luigi, if two people align, they are hundreds!
The trademark is a green shirt on a green hat. Compared to Mario, it is a little tall.
And, when you look closely, the shape of the beard is slightly different.
Princess of mushroom kingdom. Often you will be kidnapped by the koppa who is calling for the kingdom of mushrooms ....
Everything is very easy and I always wish that everyone can be happy.
I like cake making and cooking, I am good at sports unexpectedly! What?
I am very close to Mario, and I always depend on Mario.
Pink dress is very nice. I am also careful about fashion, I also have summer dresses and sportswear.
Residents of the Kingdom of Mushrooms who work under Princess Peach.
There are colleagues of different colors such as blue and green. Everyone is very cheerful and working people.
I try hard to protect Princess Peach from Koppa aiming for the Kingdom of Mushrooms, but I always fail.
Sometimes you help Mario, or you may travel adventure together.
The Great Demon King of the turtle family, disturbing world peace! The eternal enemy of Mario 's.
Following a lot of troubles, such as Nokonoko, Kuribo, Killer, Hey Ho, it attacks the Kingdom of Mushrooms.
Peach Princess is rubbed off and it makes a bad thing, but every time it is tormented by Mario, it is failing ... ....
He is a strong owner, the flame from the mouth is a powerful full mark!
It is a companion that Mario can depend on coming from "Yoshi's Island".
She is kind and easygoing.
I swallow the whole fruit and enemy character with a long tongue of pride and turn it into eggs.
Besides Yoshi 's green, there are Yoshi' s different colors such as red, light blue, and pink.
Princess of the country named Sarasaran.
It's bright and full of energy, but it's a bit odd.
I got Mario to help me get bad by the bad guy "Tatanga".
It seems to be good at sports, and I am enjoying sports often mixed with Mario.
The self-styled Mario's familiar, the biggest rival.
It is gorgeous, I do not care much about details, but I am also president of a company called "Wario Company".
What I like is garlic. What you like is money.
Wario's partner. An alternative that I think Luigi is a rival.
It seems that I try hard at the hidden place in order to store the fighting power with Mario and Luigi, as well as a fairly effortless aspect.
Because the limbs are long, it may be useful in sports that made use of it.
A mysterious woman who travels the universe with the star child "Chico".
The appearance is cool, but owner of a friendly character such as acting as mother of Chico who does not have parent.
Sometimes I go out with adventure with Mario.
Son of the Great Demon King "Kuppa".
A mask with a large mouth drawn is a trademark.
Although the body is small, I have the power to hand over to my father.
There is also a selfish way to get something you do not get when you want it.
It often appears in a dark place, a mischievous oakake.
Even though it is a mere obsession, it is very shy, and it is embarrassing and it becomes impossible to move when looking into eyes.
The champion of the jungle, the superstar of the Kong family.
It is a strong owner who can throw a gigantic tal wrapped and hit the ground and cause a big shake if you hit the ground.
Banana is my favorite, and there are always many bananas in my house.
A red cap and a red shirt are trademarks.
It is a buddy who can depend on Donkey Kong's best friend.
There is no power like Donkey Kong, but it is quick and jumping power is also quite good.
Hand tools are also handy and you can master many items.

So as it turns out, Google Translate is not reliable for translating full paragraphs. Who would have guessed? Oh well, I thought they were worth a chuckle or two.

Swiftie_Luma said:

i would assume this are the characters considered most recurring, rather than main seeing Waluigi in there.

hopefuly the descriptions get translated so i can read Rosalina's, even if the audio samples that they used in her page almost make me vomit.

These are definitely the main characters. They align exactly with the amiibo lineup.

Wario said:
The self-styled Mario's familiar, the biggest rival.
It is gorgeous, I do not care much about details, but I am also president of a company called "Wario Company".
What I like is garlic. What you like is money.

memoryman3 said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

These are definitely the main characters. They align exactly with the amiibo lineup.
No they don't, Bowser Jr. still doesn't have a Mario series amiibo.
:mad:

ThatGuy62 said:
memoryman3 said:
Toadette is a recurring character, who doesn't have a profile AND a Mario series amiibo.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Ehhh the ''roster'' is basically 3D World stuff. Plus Mario/Luigi power ups.

i can take it. Only relevant characters are on that either way.
You're always satisfied with the roster, because Rosalina is in the game.
(Hold on... unlocked by clearing ★World 2-Fortress. Was she "rescued"? Is she a bonus "damsel-in-distress" in this game?)

At least Yoshi and other colour species are in the roster, + "winged" versions.

infinite8 said:
(Hold on... unlocked by clearing ★World 2-Fortress. Was she "rescued"? Is she a bonus "damsel-in-distress" in this game?)

The game doesn't tell you if Rosalina was kidnapped or not.

infinite8 said:
ThatGuy62 said:
memoryman3 said:
Toadette is a recurring character, who doesn't have a profile AND a Mario series amiibo.
She doesn't? Guess I thought she did with how much she's been moving up in relevance.

MnSG said:
infinite8 said:

The game doesn't tell you if Rosalina was kidnapped or not.
That got me thinking of my headcanon.

"Off-screen, Bowser ordered four of his minions, uh...
*checks MarioWiki*
...Dry Bones, Bony Beetle, Purple Coin Coffer and Boom Boom,
to kidnap Rosalina an lock her in the fortress in ★World 2."

I know there probably won't be a Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018, but;

Another Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games title for Nintendo Switch would make great use of the Nintendo Switch's joy-cons, especially the motion controls and HD rumble. Now wouldn't that be the most immersive installment in the series, if it became a real game?

not enough waluigi fan art shows off how flexible he is
i mean do you expect a regular human doing this pose? which limb is which? are his legs bent backwards?? im confused
WaluigiBaseball.jpg

infinite8 said:
ThatGuy62 said:
memoryman3 said:

Swiftie_Luma said:
Ehhh the ''roster'' is basically 3D World stuff. Plus Mario/Luigi power ups.

i can take it. Only relevant characters are on that either way.

Glad you understand my mind set :)

And i never thought about that, i see Rosalina more as a reward to be able to continue rather than a plotline like Peach.

You see, World Star 3 onwards is HELL. Rosalina actually makes it beareable to an extend since her skill is god sent (can move any orb freely for 10 seconds).

Super Rosalina should still be better though.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Super Rosalina should still be better though.

Super Rosalina doesn't get the same Skill as Rosalina though, and her Helper Skill is only really effective in Heartless Courses that utilize all 5 Orb attributes; using her in Normal Courses is far more difficult, due to the presence of Heart Orbs.

In Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition, I hardly used Rosalina and her Super counterpart because her ability is difficult to take advantage of. Basically you need to make matches with 4 attributes and 5 attributes respectively in a go to get the bonus (which is powerful I admit). In levels with 4 attributes, the Winged Yoshis are much better because they have a larger power multiplier than Rosalina. I think I might have used regular Rosalina before since that one is easier to use for levels with 5 attributes, but I don't remember.

Luigi is another character I never used unless required (such as the beginning of the game) because I just wanted to play the game with Mario and other non-Luigi characters, even though including Luigi would have made the battles easier. The only time Luigi is "included" is the Score Attack mode, since Luigi is found on most fixed teams.

In terms of characters I use besides Mario (who is always the lead), I like to use Yoshis/Winged Yoshis since their abilities are easy to take advantage of, and Bowser because Bowser's ability is combo-oriented, which is something I am typically gunning for (and works incredibly well in a 3-coloured area since Bowser is not dependent on different attributes to activate his abilities. Peach is occasionally used as her ability has immediate power, provided no damage is taken.

memoryman3 said:
Puzzle and Dragons Mario seems like someone on the forums picked the roster of characters.

I guess you can put it that way, but given the set up they are going for here, I think it's not without reason. After all, you are going on an adventure with Mario (and Luigi) in a traditional Super Mario Bros. setting, so one way to spice up the variety is to include different forms of Mario instead of making different characters.

With that said, I think I would prefer if the next Mario-flavoured Puzzle and Dragons crossover made it more similar to the original in which any character can be a leader, along with the fact that you can choose any character without the "two powerful characters" restriction.

Thank you for reading.

Well if paired with a correct set of allies and leaders , Super Rosalina is very useful actually.

Super Rosalina makes all the orbs into each type of orbs sans heart ones.

This skill is actually useful in every course because even if you are in a normal or heartless course the set you get isnt always guaranteed to do multiple element combos.

However if you use Super Rosalina, she will always give you a set of at least 3 orbs of each element that makes you do ''rainbow'' combos.

Paired with a high level Boo Luigi, who lets you move orbs freely for 5 seconds , makes the combination up to at least 6+ combos which is a lot if you have a high level team (and you should have either way since at some point in Star Worlds you would need an almost maxed out team up to 99 to actually pass the levels.)

Right now i unlocked Super Rosalina and maxed her out up to 94.

Unfortunately, some of the star world courses are so tough that you literally need to have Cat Luigi AND Super Rosalina as your leader and helper to get through the Heartless Courses that use all the Orb attributes. That 30.25x multiplier can potentially make or break a course playthrough.

MnSG said:
Unfortunately, some of the star world courses are so tough that you literally need to have Cat Luigi AND Super Rosalina as your leader and helper to get through the Heartless Courses that use all the Orb attributes. That 30.25x multiplier can potentially make or break a course playthrough.

Yes, this is exactly what i have been doing. Boo Luigi and Rosalina took me to Star World 5.

Super Rosalina is better for World 6 onwards plus Cat Luigi if used correctly.

It's too bad that Boomerang Mario and Boomerang Luigi can only be unlocked by getting a perfect ranking in Score Attack's 5th course in the Fixed and Free challenges. Their Leader/Helper Skill is designed specifically for Normal Courses, since clearing Heart Orbs actually helps to increase the damage multiplier further.

Swiftie_Luma said:

Courtesy of 2257, we have the translation!

One note: as 2257 noted, the bios of Toad, Yoshi and Boo don't use pronouns so they can be referred to a single character or multiple ones.
For simplicity and consistency with how NOA typically handles this, I'll leave these three translations referred to a single character - they surely make sense like that, after all.

[quote author=Mario new]
A cheerful and lively person who's loved by everyone. His younger twin Luigi is among his closest friends, and the two of them form a great team.
He's an athletic person, and whether it's tennis or baseball, soccer or racing, he always performs well and looks cool.
His occupation is plumber. However, his activity is not confined to that area.
Princess Peach is dear to him, and whenever she is in trouble, he goes to assist her.
He fights back against the troublemaking Bowser with various power ups and his specialty, jumping.
[/quote]

[quote author=Mario old]
A cheerful and lively person who's loved by everyone. His younger twin Luigi is among his closest friends, and the two of them form a great team.
He's an athletic person, and whether it's tennis or baseball, soccer or racing, he always performs well and looks cool.
Actually, they say that a long time ago he also sometimes worked as a plumber…
Princess Peach is dear to him, and whenever she is in trouble, he goes to assist her.
He fights back against the troublemaking Bowser with various power ups and his specialty, jumping.
[/quote]

[quote author=Luigi]
Mario's younger twin brother. He is a bit timid,but he has a gentle personality.
As expected, he has a fear of ghosts.
However, he possesses skills that are about equal to Mario's in all ways.
When Mario and Luigi come together, they have tremendous strength!
His trademark is his green hat and shirt. Compared to Mario, he is a little bit taller.
And looking closely, his mustache is also styled slightly differently.
[/quote]

[quote author=Peach]
The princess of the Mushroom Kingdom. She has been repeatedly kidnapped by Bowser, who always comes to attack the Mushroom Kingdom...
She is a very kind person who always hopes for everyone to get along happily.
She likes to bake cakes and cook, and is surprisingly good at sports!?
She is on good terms with Mario, and always relies on him.
Her pink dress is just great. She pays attention to fashion, and has a summertime dress and sportswear.
[/quote]

[quote author=Toad]
A resident of the Mushroom Kingdom who works at Princess Peach's side.
He also has colleagues who come in blue, green, and other colors. All of them are very cheerful and hardworking.
He does his best to protect Princess Peach from Bowser, who targets the Mushroom Kingdom, but unfortunately he fails every time…
At times he also does things like helping Mario out and going on adventures with him.
[/quote]

[quote author=Bowser]
The Great Demon King of the Koopas (NOTE: actually, Turtle Tribe in the Japanese text), who disturbs the peace of the world! He is the eternal enemy of Mario and his friends.
Accompanied by diverse minions such as koopa troopas, goombas, bullet bills and shy guys, he swoops down on the Mushroom Kingdom.
Even though he does bad things like kidnapping Princess Peach, he fails every time because he is held back by Mario and friends…
He has superhuman strength, and the flames he breathes pack a punch!
[/quote]

[quote author=Yoshi]
Mario's reliable colleague, who has come along with him since Yoshi's Island (NOTE: as 2257 noted, the bio is likely referring to the game here).
He has a kind, carefree personality.
He can take pride in his long tongue, which allows him to gulp fruits and enemy characters down whole and make them into eggs.
Aside from the green yoshi, there are also red, azure, and pink yoshis, among other color variants.
[/quote]

[quote author=Daisy]
The princess of a country called Sarasaland.
She is cheerful and brimming with energy, but she also has some tomboyish aspects.
Although she was kidnapped by an evildoer called Tatanga, she received aid from Mario.
It seems that sports are her strong point, and she gladly plays them together with Mario and his friends.
[/quote]

[quote author=Wario]
Mario's self-proclaimed childhood friend and biggest rival.
He is hearty and not particularly interested in minor details, but he is also the president of some sort of company known as WarioWare, Inc.
A substance he likes is garlic. An activity he likes is making money.
[/quote]

[quote author=Waluigi]
Wario's partner. An eccentric who thinks of himself as Luigi's rival.
In order to accumulate the power to fight Mario and Luigi, it seems that he perseveres in a hidden place, so he also has a quite hardworking side.
Since his arms and legs are long, he also participates in sports that make the best use of them.
[/quote]

[quote author=Rosalina]
A mysterious woman who travels through space together with the star children known as Lumas.
Her appearance creates a cool impression, but she is actually a kind person who serves as a foster mother for the Lumas, who have no parents.
She also sometimes goes on adventures with Mario and friends.
[/quote]

[quote author=Bowser Jr.]
The son of Great Demon King Bowser.
His trademark is the mask with the big mouth drawn on it.
His body is small, but it hides the power he inherited from his father.
He also has a selfish side, and can't settle down unless he gets the things he wants.
[/quote]

[quote author=Boo]
A ghost that appears in dark places and likes to play pranks.
Despite being a ghost it's totally shy, and upon making eye contact will become embarrassed and unable to move.
[/quote]

[quote author=Donkey Kong]
The king of the jungle, and superstar of the Kong family.
He has superhuman strength, to such a degree that he can easily fling huge barrels, and create strong tremors by slapping the ground.
Bananas are his favorite food, and there are always a lot of them at his house.
[/quote]

[quote author=Diddy Kong]
His red shirt and red cap are his trademark.
He is Donkey Kong's close friend and reliable partner.
He is not as powerful as Donkey Kong, but he is nimble and his jumping ability is considerable.
He's also good with his fingers and masters the use of various items.
[/quote]

I asked 2257 to translate both the old bio of Mario and the new one since there has indeed been a correction on the third line, and I think it's very neat to document it - I've rarely seen Nintendo review a bio to fix a controversial depiction, which is still happily displayed since two years ago on the Kids section of Nintendo site.

That's so cool thanks.

Im still waiting the sounds they use for Rosalina actually match that bio.

That ''yes'' is a giving me nightmares ... nightmares of MK8 and Peach clones.

i have been playing Star Rush and luckily i got Rosalina on the very first turn and she was never stolen by one of those nasty Toads landing in the same space as me. Geez

Also on the last turn , i was so close to Bowser ... i felt violated.

me1BI6F.png

it was so funny because he was the final boss and he always has something bad happen to the player that is too far aways from him.

EJvYAwR.png

Me (Rosalina obviously) landed on the space while the Blue toad did the same. However the green toad and the Yoshi where 1 space away and got roasted.

My team was actually Toad, Rosalina, Daisy , Toadette and i traded Wario for Luigi because Wario kinda sucks.

v9ZnaUM.png

-------------------------------------

Also, as suggested by BabyLuigi, i played SSS Tennis against star Diddy Kong on Ace difficulty on the clay court ... it was a very tough match but the results don't lie.

DkNhPzc.png

YDLgFd0.png

sjBPpkx.png

2N8pC8P.png

i admit i got my ass beat the very first time but the second and third time i got revenge.

Finally i got Super Rosalina and i couldnt be happier, she makes the star courses and boss fights sweeter thanks to her rainbow combo skill.

dBkl9fF.png

Gotta clap for myself for doing that much on all of these above

TW3Uqrk.gif

Swiftie_Luma said:
Also, as suggested by BabyLuigi, i played SSS Tennis against star Diddy Kong on Ace difficulty on the clay court ... it was a very tough match but the results don't lie.

DkNhPzc.png

YDLgFd0.png

sjBPpkx.png

2N8pC8P.png

i admit i got my ass beat the very first time but the second and third time i got revenge.

I wonder what technique you used to beat him.

Rosalina plays differently than Baby Luigi, so she has different strengths. For me, I pretty much had to lob him, wait until he smashes the ball, then smash him immediately back.

Back