post any random Mario thought on your mind

Baby Luigi said:
I'm quite pissed too, because if they want to be beginner friendly, they should bump up the acceleration too.

I mean, seriously, the stats are baaaaaad.

And yet in Mario Kart 8, you can set up a combination that has low ground speed and low acceleration; basically any super light character who uses the Standard ATV + Monster combo. However, ground handling would only be near average levels.

MnSG said:
I think the one thing that really bugs me with those videos is knowing that the lightest characters have below average speed and below average acceleration. That really isn't how lightweights are typically treated.
Wait-what? That's dumb.
Do they have any advantage over the other weight classes?

Also another thing.

Throught the files of the vanilla version of GPDX it was discovered that Rosalina and Metal Mario were already in the base game, way before their update was released.

This is true because Rosalina and MM have almost all their game files inside the data, including voice and models but they are missing some icons.

This is way i was able to obtain Rosalina's voice with just the base game, because her files were still there.

Furthermore according to ID data codes , her and MM were added BEFORE Bowser Jr. was added to the game, and the latter ended up being unlockeable in the base game.

MKAGPDX-TestRosalina.png

This is placeholder image for Rosalina inside the files.

And this all makes sense now, and it explains why Rosalina and Metal Mario by consecuence (but its more relevant for Rosalina) use their respective MK7 voice clips.

They were planned and added when MK8 wasn't a thing , so they straight up used MK7 content ... unlike Daisy for example who uses her MK8 voice clips.

It all connects now, but im glad because Rosalina deserved her MK7 voice in an HD Mario Kart so i can't complain at all.

More over it kinda connects to Namco Bandai as well.

Smash and GPDX use Kerri's voice ... both are games that in which Namco took over ... i see a pattern here, they seem to prefer that portrayal for Rosalina/Rosetta and even if it's not even confirmed id like to believe so.

ThatGuy62 said:
Wait-what? That's dumb.
Do they have any advantage over the other weight classes?

Handling is their only real advantage, which ends up becoming redundant if you can achieve the same amount of success with average handling.

Eh those things don't really matter to me since I play as who I like and use vehicles that look good. The only exception is I typically avoid inward drifting bikes. But other than that, the way I see it stats are usually made insignificant when the shells start flying. Not that I've played the arcade versions, but as long as items exist I'm sure it comes down more to that (strategic use and unfortunately luck too) than how well your movement is without factoring items. I rarely even look at the stats when swapping combos in MK8 and more often than not, the race comes down to items anyway.

Still, it's kinda stupid, especially when speed or acceleration is usually the lightweights' gimmick to counter the heavies. Except maybe SMK and MK64 where it was the opposite, and I didn't like it there either (it was only just recently I actually tried using Bowser for more than one race in Super Circuit).

Hidden stats aren't taken into account though. Maybe the featherweights in this game can get Mini-Turbos much quicker and/or their Mini-Turbos are more powerful.

Metal Mario should have green as one of his main colors, as a nod to the green Metal Box from which his power originates.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Also another thing.

Throught the files of the vanilla version of GPDX it was discovered that Rosalina and Metal Mario were already in the base game, way before their update was released.

This is true because Rosalina and MM have almost all their game files inside the data, including voice and models but they are missing some icons.

This is way i was able to obtain Rosalina's voice with just the base game, because her files were still there.

Furthermore according to ID data codes , her and MM were added BEFORE Bowser Jr. was added to the game, and the latter ended up being unlockeable in the base game.

MKAGPDX-TestRosalina.png

This is placeholder image for Rosalina inside the files.

And this all makes sense now, and it explains why Rosalina and Metal Mario by consecuence (but its more relevant for Rosalina) use their respective MK7 voice clips.

They were planned and added when MK8 wasn't a thing , so they straight up used MK7 content ... unlike Daisy for example who uses her MK8 voice clips.

It all connects now, but im glad because Rosalina deserved her MK7 voice in an HD Mario Kart so i can't complain at all.

More over it kinda connects to Namco Bandai as well.

Smash and GPDX use Kerri's voice ... both are games that in which Namco took over ... i see a pattern here, they seem to prefer that portrayal for Rosalina/Rosetta and even if it's not even confirmed id like to believe so.

I saw in the original planning files that Daisy was supposed to come in much earlier...wonder what happened.

i dont know about that but as far as i know Daisy wasn't planned for release.

Rosalina was , but they went with Bowser Jr instead.

I find it funny how they don't just have Mario but "Raccoon Mario"

I guess Mario himself is in too many games and they wanted to promote just one. Just like how Rosalina's stuck next to a kart.

To be fair in MK7's case it can still be bought off shelves.

there should be a paper mario game that revolves around bubble wrap

that's more accurate to what Nintendo does lately, pairing Rosalina with Peach and Daisy in stuff.

Maybe they just wanted to have the default females in one and the unlockebles in other ... but since there's only 2 females as default they used Birdo instead.

Gold Mario and Pink Gold Peach shouldn't be heavy characters. When Mario and Luigi grab the Gold Flower in New Super Mario Bros. 2, they don't get heavier. They just gain the ability to throw gold and silver fireballs, respectively.
Metal Mario being heavy at least makes sense, because that's what the Metal Cap does. Him being able to talk, however, is another thing entirely.

J-Yoshi64 said:
Gold Mario and Pink Gold Peach shouldn't be heavy characters. When Mario and Luigi grab the Gold Flower in New Super Mario Bros. 2, they don't get heavier. They just gain the ability to throw gold and silver fireballs, respectively.
Metal Mario being heavy at least makes sense, because that's what the Metal Cap does. Him being able to talk, however, is another thing entirely.

It can feel odd knowing that Gold Mario is Metal Mario's alternate palette in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

On a side note, I think Mario could still speak whenever he acquired a Metal Cap in Super Mario 64.

Gold is a metal and should make the characters heavier theoretically.

And who knows? Maybe the gold characters are still really acrobatic, they simply don't openly display how heavy they really are.

Back